• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

13 Reasons Why

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone seen this crap? A new show I just heard about today that's apparently really popular. It's all, to quote Sterling Archer,"petty high school BS." And these high schoolers all have foul mouths. Dumb show.

Just my opinion.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you hate high school stuff so much, why do you write a post like a high schooler?

What show are you talking about? How in the world could anyone understand what show you are referring to by that post?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless, of course, the show is actually called "13 Going on 30 or Whatever it's Called".

In which case, I whole heartedly apologize...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see it. Too busy watching the musical Flash/Super Girl crossover.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you hate high school stuff so much, why do you write a post like a high schooler?

What show are you talking about? How in the world could anyone understand what show you are referring to by that post?
Dude, that's offensive......

to high school students

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP must be talking about "13 Reasons Why" on Netflix, which has received great reviews.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you do wrong to deserve such a horrific punishment?

Hey, when you run out of new episodes of My Little Pony and Steven Universe you gotta watch something.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP must be talking about "13 Reasons Why" on Netflix, which has received great reviews.

Yeah, my 13-year old daughter was watching it and I didn't realize what it was or what it was about until she had only one episode to go... Kind of pointless to put my foot down at that point.

She's pretty well-rounded and mature for her age, so I trust she understands there is no glory in offing one's self, but have discussed it to be sure...

Apparently this show is wildly popular among middle schools students, and I'd assume high school as well...

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, my 13-year old daughter was watching it and I didn't realize what it was or what it was about until she had only one episode to go... Kind of pointless to put my foot down at that point.

She's pretty well-rounded and mature for her age, so I trust she understands there is no glory in offing one's self, but have discussed it to be sure...

Apparently this show is wildly popular among middle schools students, and I'd assume high school as well...
Good call bruddah. As someone who attempted suicide at 17, the show hits a little too close to home for me to probably watch (plus I have tons of other shit to watch). But it's awesome that you had a talk with your daughter in the past about the topic. I think part of the reason it's so popular among teenagers is because it's taboo and not talked about (that, and the fact that most know that if they do tell someone about it, they will immediately be put in a mental hospital and have to leave their high school, which is bullshit).

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This show's not appropriate for middle schoolers. Heck, I thought it was a bit much for my 16 year old cousin. What kind of parent lets kids watch this filth?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show's not appropriate for middle schoolers. Heck, I thought it was a bit much for my 16 year old cousin. What kind of parent lets kids watch this filth?

One who picks his battles and doesnt believe that shielding kids from sensitive topics will ultimately protect them from them? To each their own, but I'd stack my kids up against anyone else's and feel we've done a pretty good job up to this point... Can't speak for tbe multitude of other parents whose kids are watching though.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One who picks his battles and doesnt believe that shielding kids from sensitive topics will ultimately protect them from them? To each their own, but I'd stack my kids up against anyone else's and feel we've done a pretty good job up to this point... Can't speak for tbe multitude of other parents whose kids are watching though.

It's not the sensitive topics I'm worried about. If they want to tackle tough issues, more power to them. But why is every other word the f word? These are high schoolers cussing in front of their teachers. Is the big issue trying to show how far our society has fallen?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the sensitive topics I'm worried about. If they want to tackle tough issues, more power to them. But why is every other word the f word? These are high schoolers cussing in front of their teachers. Is the big issue trying to show how far our society has fallen?

Ah, I see your angle. Yeah, I guess as a parent the language thing has been a part of parenting I have not modeled very well for my kids... I uncork some doozies fairly frequently. I am fortunate that my kids are well aware that these words are not words they should be using at this time, but I'm sure once they have flown the coop they won't hesitate... Heck, even now while "monitoring" my daughter's texts on her phone, I see where she uses colorful language occasionally. Not a source of pride for me, but working in schools, I hear it all the time from kids as I walk by so... Yeah, I suppose you can view it as a matter of how much our society has shifted, or "fallen" if you prefer...

This is pretty timely actually, as the district I work for just put out an email regarding this show and some "info" about it and how to deal with the topics if you choose to allow your student to watch it... Guess the issue isn't just the suicide, but among the issues it thrusts to the forefront include bullying, r*pe and also the inaction of being a bystander to these things and others and doing nothing...

Yeah, that's a big tamale for sure. The language is small potatoes in all this. Probably going to have one more talk and just make sure that my daughter "gets it" as far as the subject matter...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you thin language in high school namely the F word is unrealistic in any form, you are definitely detached from the present.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you thin language in high school namely the F word is unrealistic in any form, you are definitely detached from the present.

I didn't say it was unrealistic, I said it was inappropriate for a show that's popular with middle schoolers. And I don't know if high schoolers today actually use language like that in front of their teachers, but if they do those teachers should smack them in the mouths. It's disrespectful.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say it was unrealistic, I said it was inappropriate for a show that's popular with middle schoolers. And I don't know if high schoolers today actually use language like that in front of their teachers, but if they do those teachers should smack them in the mouths. It's disrespectful.

The show was not made for middle schoolers.

It's Netflix so anyone can watch. It wasn't targeted to 12 year olds