• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

11/7: incognito gets support, celtics win, brock wants to smoke

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are that Incognito was an "honorary black man" on the team and that Incognito was considered more black that Martin.

When they used the term "black" they are referring to brothers rather than skin color.

Black teammates did not like Martin because he was Stanford educated and had educated parents.

But - the prevailing attitude in the lockerrom was that Martin was soft.

Whoever used the Code Red reference from "A Few Good Men" was right on. These orders came from the top to "toughen up" Martin.

When reached for comment, Joe Philbin merely said "You can't handle the truth!"[/QUOTE]

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

If you were typing that from memory I commend you. I know a guy that used to recite that whole monologue on demand.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
verlander had a huge contract, how did that work out? how long before Kershaw becomes a liability?

both good, not good enough to gamble that much guaranteed money.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
verlander had a huge contract, how did that work out? how long before Kershaw becomes a liability?

both good, not good enough to gamble that much guaranteed money.

Only 1 real difference here, one that I myself am not smart enough to quantify with any accuracy.

When Verlander signed his mega-deal, he was 30. Kershaw will only be 25.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 hour

4 people lurking

zero people posting.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 hour

4 people lurking

zero people posting.

i'm swamped with con-calls. somehow, I ended up in a position where I tell engineering what to do.

the rest of you people suck!

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i'm very disappointed that nobody wants to smoke with me.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are actually talking cigs, then, you are dealing in a dying habit......

I smoke cigars. Dont know if Ill ever be able to quit

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fighting a cold and think I am suffering from the residual effects of some nighttime cold something or other stuff I doubled up on last night. Shit's weird. I was having the strangest, most vivid dream about being at my aunt's house and she had one of those big grandfather clocks that chimes & booms on the hour. In my dream, I was trying EVERYTHING to get the damn thing to stop. Wrapping the gongs in towels, taking it apart... I couldn't figure it out. Semiconsciously, I finally gave up & decided to check the time to see if was close to getting up... it was my alarm clock (phone) making all the friggin' noise. :doh:

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fighting a cold and think I am suffering from the residual effects of some nighttime cold something or other stuff I doubled up on last night. Shit's weird. I was having the strangest, most vivid dream about being at my aunt's house and she had one of those big grandfather clocks that chimes & booms on the hour. In my dream, I was trying EVERYTHING to get the damn thing to stop. Wrapping the gongs in towels, taking it apart... I couldn't figure it out. Semiconsciously, I finally gave up & decided to check the time to see if was close to getting up... it was my alarm clock (phone) making all the friggin' noise. :doh:

you had a dream about bigD?

:laugh3: