• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

11/7: incognito gets support, celtics win, brock wants to smoke

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who wants to smoke with me?

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Tannehill - "I think if you would have asked Jon Martin [before he left Miami] who his best friend on the team was, he would've said Richie Incognito," Tannehill said. "The first guy to stand for Jonathan when anything went down on the field -- any kind of tussle -- Richie was the first guy there. When they wanted to hang out outside of football -- who was together? Richie and Jonathan."

"Jonathan's like Richie's little brother," Tannehill said. "He gave him a hard time and he messed with him, but he was the first one there to have his back in any situation. It's a big surprise what's going on."

"You can't help a situation that you didn't know existed, that no one on this team knew existed. We have a bunch of good guys in this locker room."

"It's really tough for us to sit here and hear all that," Tannehill said. "We have each others backs. Richie didn't use that type of language that was on the voice mail in the locker room. He didn't talk to other guys that way."

"Both guys at this point have their rights and wrongs," Tannehill said. "If they were allowed to come back, if they chose to come back, I'm big on forgiving people. Forgiving people for what they've done. Getting passed that, not crucifying people for their past, moving forward ... At this point, I'd accept either one of them back."

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the (current) two worst teams in the NBA are the Celtics and Jazz. One of them had to be 0-5 today and i'm glad it's not the Celtics. We'll take 2nd worst team instead of the #1 bottom spot.

Kelly Olynyk, 14 points, 8 boards. I like him and hope he develops into our star center.

Brad Stevens - ''I'm going to celebrate for a whole 12 minutes, and then I'm going to start watching Orlando and trying to figure them out,'' the first-year Celtics coach said after Boston beat the Utah Jazz, one of the league's other winless teams, 97-87 on Wednesday night.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love John Moffitt's story about retiring right now.

He gives up $1Million in pay

He gives up on a chance at a super bowl run

He doesn't give a shit! He's not happy.

"I don't care about the Super Bowl. I don't," Moffitt said. "I used to. I mean, anytime I played this game, I gave my heart to it and I'm a person that does thing with his heart. ... I don't need the Super Bowl experience. I played in great stadiums and I played against great players. And I had that experience and it's enough."
As for the money he's leaving behind, the third-year player doesn't seem to care about that either.
"I've saved enough. It's not like I'm sitting here and I'm a millionaire," he said. "That's what I kind of realized. I'm sitting here and I got to this point and I was like, what is the number that you need? How much do you really need? What do you want in life? And I decided that I don't really need to be a millionaire ...
"I just want to be happy. And I find that people that have the least in life are sometimes the happiest. And I don't have the least in life. I have enough in life. And I won't sacrifice my health for that."

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOL'd at the silver slugger awards

AL has Ortiz in the DH spot

NL has Zack Greinke because they don't have a DH

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Tannehill - "I think if you would have asked Jon Martin [before he left Miami] who his best friend on the team was, he would've said Richie Incognito," Tannehill said. "The first guy to stand for Jonathan when anything went down on the field -- any kind of tussle -- Richie was the first guy there. When they wanted to hang out outside of football -- who was together? Richie and Jonathan."

"Jonathan's like Richie's little brother," Tannehill said. "He gave him a hard time and he messed with him, but he was the first one there to have his back in any situation. It's a big surprise what's going on."

"You can't help a situation that you didn't know existed, that no one on this team knew existed. We have a bunch of good guys in this locker room."

"It's really tough for us to sit here and hear all that," Tannehill said. "We have each others backs. Richie didn't use that type of language that was on the voice mail in the locker room. He didn't talk to other guys that way."

"Both guys at this point have their rights and wrongs," Tannehill said. "If they were allowed to come back, if they chose to come back, I'm big on forgiving people. Forgiving people for what they've done. Getting passed that, not crucifying people for their past, moving forward ... At this point, I'd accept either one of them back."

Tannehill sounds really dense to what was goin on in his own locker room. If a guy is willing to walk away from a million dollar contract then there's a little more goin than what meets the eye

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn this is a pretty cool graph in this article.

Oakland amazes me...Angles are in trouble...Dodgers just don't give a fuck

Both the Sox and Yanks are looking good if you ask me. They have money and only middle of the road obligations. Once that Luxury tax rests for the yanks they can go nuts.

Future Salary Obligations In Context: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn this is a pretty cool graph in this article.

Oakland amazes me...Angles are in trouble...Dodgers just don't give a fuck

Both the Sox and Yanks are looking good if you ask me. They have money and only middle of the road obligations. Once that Luxury tax rests for the yanks they can go nuts.

Future Salary Obligations In Context: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

It's one of the reasons I don't think the Yankees will go after McCann. The Yankees, and others teams, are going to try to copy the Sox blueprint for 2013. They will try to sign guys to shorter term deals and lessen the future payroll burden.

The Yanks will spend on pitching because they do not have any in their system to help in the next year or two. Other than that, I don't see them doing much with the contracts of A-Rod, Sabathia, and Teixeira still on the books for a few years.

One reason the Sox didn't want to give out longer term deals because they didn't want to block the path of the players coming through the farm system. They now have the payroll flexibility to extend some key veterans now, and enough to extend the guys like Bogaerts, Bradley, Middlebrooks, Workman, etc down the line when the veteran contracts start expiring.

The Sox have $37.5mm tied to veteran contracts for 2015. They are:

Buchholz $12mm
Pedroia $12.5mm
Victorino $13mm

They have room to extend Lester, Napoli, and Ortiz and probably still keep the payroll under $100mm in 2015 if they choose.

The Yankees have $66.5mm tied into Teixeira, A-Rod, and Sabathia for 2015 and $67.5mm for 2016. A lot depends on what they do with Cano and free agent pitchers this winter, but they could still be below $150mm in 2015 and beyond.

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one of the reasons I don't think the Yankees will go after McCann. The Yankees, and others teams, are going to try to copy the Sox blueprint for 2013. They will try to sign guys to shorter term deals and lessen the future payroll burden.

The Yanks will spend on pitching because they do not have any in their system to help in the next year or two. Other than that, I don't see them doing much with the contracts of A-Rod, Sabathia, and Teixeira still on the books for a few years.

One reason the Sox didn't want to give out longer term deals because they didn't want to block the path of the players coming through the farm system. They now have the payroll flexibility to extend some key veterans now, and enough to extend the guys like Bogaerts, Bradley, Middlebrooks, Workman, etc down the line when the veteran contracts start expiring.

The Sox have $37.5mm tied to veteran contracts for 2015. They are:

Buchholz $12mm
Pedroia $12.5mm
Victorino $13mm

They have room to extend Lester, Napoli, and Ortiz and probably still keep the payroll under $100mm in 2015 if they choose.

The Yankees have $66.5mm tied into Teixeira, A-Rod, and Sabathia for 2015 and $67.5mm for 2016. A lot depends on what they do with Cano and free agent pitchers this winter, but they could still be below $150mm in 2015 and beyond.

I have a feeling that AJ Persinsky will be in Pin Stripes next year. On a short term contract.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill sounds really dense to what was goin on in his own locker room. If a guy is willing to walk away from a million dollar contract then there's a little more goin than what meets the eye

I think martin is a baby bitch and he went about this the wrong way.

he threw a fit, left like a crybaby because his friend was on his ass and now he regrets it.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think martin is a baby bitch and he went about this the wrong way.

he threw a fit, left like a crybaby because his friend was on his ass and now he regrets it.

Maybe it is because I am older, but any sort of macho bullshit is just that. Bullshit. If you have to bully someone to get your jollies, then, there is boith something missing and very wrong with you.

But, this is football. Pretty much founded on and by guys that love macho bullshit.

Hence my love of a more civilized sport....

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it is because I am older, but any sort of macho bullshit is just that. Bullshit. If you have to bully someone to get your jollies, then, there is boith something missing and very wrong with you.

But, this is football. Pretty much founded on and by guys that love macho bullshit.

Hence my love of a more civilized sport....

football is a Neanderthal sport. these guys hit the buffet and the gym in 1 day like we do during our lifetime. athletes are pushed. I have no pity for this bitch.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is, once you factor in the East Coast media bias...

I don't know anyone who hates a west coast team other than the lakers.

you're safe with us bigD :suds:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
football is a Neanderthal sport. these guys hit the buffet and the gym in 1 day like we do during our lifetime. athletes are pushed. I have no pity for this bitch.

While I can't say I like your answer, I do understand it. If you are thin skinned, then, maybe you should not play football.

Oh well, if this guy is like a lot of football players recently, he probably won't remember this happening to him in 10-15 years, which is a whold different kind of sad.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin is starting to look like Mante Teo right now...

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I can't say I like your answer, I do understand it. If you are thin skinned, then, maybe you should not play football.

Oh well, if this guy is like a lot of football players recently, he probably won't remember this happening to him in 10-15 years, which is a whold different kind of sad.

As I was just saying -

Hall of Fame running back Tony Dorsett was one of four former NFL players recently diagnosed with early signs of chronic traumatic encephalopathy, otherwise known as CTE, doctors told ESPN’s “Outside the Lines.”
According to ESPN, Dorsett, fellow Hall of Famer Joe DeLamielleure, former All-Pro Leonard Marshall and an as-yet unidentified fourth former player have undergone brain scans and been evaluated by doctors at UCLA over the past three months. During the exams, the report said, doctors discovered a buildup of tau, an abnormal protein that indicates CTE and constricts brain cells in areas that control memory and emotions, among other functions. The protein was also discovered in autopsies of former players Junior Seau and Mike Webster.
CTE, a condition scientists believe is brought on by repeated head trauma, has been linked to cases of depression and dementia, particularly cases involving former football players in recent years.
Dorsett appeared on ESPN’s "Dan LeBatard Is Highly Questionable" show Wednesday and confirmed the UCLA tests. The former Dallas Cowboys legend also admitted to problems with memory, emotional distress and thoughts of suicide.
"I've thought about crazy stuff, sort of like, 'Why do I need to continue going through this?' " said Dorsett, who admitting to getting lost while driving to places he’s been to many times before. "I'm too smart of a person, I like to think, to take my life, but it's crossed my mind."
The 59-year old also said he boarded a flight to Los Angeles for the testing at UCLA, but had repeated difficulty remembering why he was onboard the plane during the flight, a common occurrence for him.
Dorsett said he’s prone to outbursts at his family members, including his wife, and has been diagnosed as clinically depressed.
"It's painful, man, for my daughters to say they're scared of me,” Dorsett told ESPN.
Dorsett, who retired following the 1988 season, said he knows his problems were caused by playing football, a sentiment DeLamielleure seconded.
“I can guarantee you my CTE, my tau, came from hits, came from blows to the head,” DeLamielleure told “Outside the Lines.”
The former offensive lineman said he was never diagnosed with a concussion during his 13-year career.
“When I sit still for any length of time, I get depressed for no reason," said DeLamielleure, who also told ESPN he suffers from mood swings, suicidal thoughts and anxiety. "I have CTE.”
The NFL declined to comment in ESPN’s story. Dorsett, DeLamielleure and Marshall were plaintiffs in the class-action concussion lawsuit that both parties agreed to settle for $765 million.