• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

11/7: incognito gets support, celtics win, brock wants to smoke

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time is running out on this once highly thought of prospect.

Jesus Montero has only ever caught and played DH. But now he’s in the Venezuelan Winter League and he’s playing a ton of first base, reports MLB.com.
It’s probably good that he’s learning a new skill. After a rookie year in which he did sorta alright, he hit a mere .208/.264/.327 with three homers in 101 at-bats, got demoted and then got suspended for PEDs. The Mariners have probably given up on him. Still, he’s young and since he once showed a lot of promise he’ll get more chances in the game. Better that he have as many tools in the toolbox as possible if he wants to take advantage of them.
He’s hitting down in Venezuela too. Maybe his disaster of 2013 was a wakeup call for him

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When something bad is also good. VERY good. From a year ago today

With a year remaining on his contract, outfielder Jason Bay is released by the Mets after three very disappointing seasons with New York. The move will not save team any money as they will be responsible for the $21 million owed to the former National League Rookie of the Year, who signed a big free-agent deal with the club in 2009.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When something bad is also good. VERY good. From a year ago today

With a year remaining on his contract, outfielder Jason Bay is released by the Mets after three very disappointing seasons with New York. The move will not save team any money as they will be responsible for the $21 million owed to the former National League Rookie of the Year, who signed a big free-agent deal with the club in 2009.

he was an animal in boston. signed a huge contract with the mets and sucked bad.

give me $21 million and i'll sit the year with an injury just as well as he can!

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that AJ Persinsky will be in Pin Stripes next year. On a short term contract.

That was my prediction the other day. The Yankees have Gary Sanchez, so they will not commit long term. Pierzynski will probably take a 1 year deal, at most 2.

I thin McCann ends up in Texas.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin is starting to look like Mante Teo right now...

I don't condone the bullying aspect of this, but to hear Incognito's teammates tell it, Martin and Incognito were actually good friends, and Incignito always had his back on and off the field.

Brian Hartline said that Martin played that voicemail in the lockerroom and was laughing about it.

There's more to the story than we all know right now. It seems Incognito was asked to toughen Martin up and it went too far.

I think Martin doesn't really want to play football and this is a way to get out and still get paid.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't condone the bullying aspect of this, but to hear Incognito's teammates tell it, Martin and Incognito were actually good friends, and Incignito always had his back on and off the field.

Brian Hartline said that Martin played that voicemail in the lockerroom and was laughing about it.

There's more to the story than we all know right now. It seems Incognito was asked to toughen Martin up and it went too far.

I think Martin doesn't really want to play football and this is a way to get out and still get paid.

or he's concussed and mentally messed up.

either way, I'm starting to see that incognito is the actual victim here.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

I just don't like Puig. Even his last name bugs me. Sounds like a sound you make when you spit.

sounds like a good time to me

"she asked me to puig on her face, so I did"

and I honestly don't know why women constantly ask me to do that

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

I just don't like Puig. Even his last name bugs me. Sounds like a sound you make when you spit.

Never mind the last name, Puig seems to think he has no need of fundamentals. Even the most talented players
DO need them!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like a good time to me

"she asked me to puig on her face, so I did"

and I honestly don't know why women constantly ask me to do that

Ever heard of the phrase/ add slogan "why ask why".........

Which makes me think of the product, and having no idea the last time I saw Bud Dry.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind the last name, Puig seems to think he has no need of fundamentals. Even the most talented players
DO need them![/QUOTE]

Agreed. However, I have now seen for many years guys in baseball, football, and basketball that have reached the pros simply on God given physical ability. And, they were so good coming up, nobody wanted to or did mess with them, or try to teach them things.

It is the reason why guys like David Eckstein stood out as players so much. They were pretty much nothing physically, but their baseball I.Q's are off the charts, hence their usefulness.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Note to self.

Gotta make a trip to Oregon soon...

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why yes. I DO have a birthday coming up....

FINNEGAN_RAMS_JORDANS_110613.jpg

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you remember him, you are old like me.

billyjohnson.gif

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever heard of the phrase/ add slogan "why ask why".........

Which makes me think of the product, and having no idea the last time I saw Bud Dry.

LOL

bud dry was a migraine in a can!

I remember having a trashbag full of all kinds of leftover beers in the back of my truck when I was 16. I had bud ice light. yes, they had an ice light.

I haven't touched a bud product since I was 20. horrible beer.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J.J Watt discount double-checks Aaron Rodgers

gvch.gif

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

bud dry was a migraine in a can!

I remember having a trashbag full of all kinds of leftover beers in the back of my truck when I was 16. I had bud ice light. yes, they had an ice light.

I haven't touched a bud product since I was 20. horrible beer.

I will guess then that one of these is probably more in your wheelhouse.

Harpoon Brewery, Samuel Adams, Wachusett Brewing Co.