• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

$ 1 Lease Offer for 99 Years for Chargers

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just mostly messing with a Raiders fan. I'm sure they will be well represented at the Chargers stadium. Bronco fans have joked for years that San Diego is a 2nd home for us as you look in the stadium and it might be half Bronco fans at the game. I mean really if you could choose any NFL city to go to for a game where would it be? I think San Diego might be near the top for many.
Its the whole Steelers thing, too, where the economy changing has taken people with midwest roots out West so you'll see Broncos, Chiefs and Steelers fans all out West along with some other teams.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's his team so if he wants to pay for the stadium then he will but why would he ? He can have it paid for elsewhere AND add value to his product. If the people in SD want the Chargers there then they need to pay for it. It's not a right to have a NFL team
WTF? Are you eating bath salts? Who said it was a right, dummy?

He will have to pay wherever he goes. And it has been proven time and time again, that he will pay more if he leaves and it will also cost other NFL owners money as well. AND, leaving doesn't guarantee adding value, Einstein. The people of San Diego want the Chargers to stay, but are not so stupid as to pay a billionaire, billions to keep them.
In the end, he will pay and he knows it. His cards have been played, he lost. He can pay for it, or loose money.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just mostly messing with a Raiders fan. I'm sure they will be well represented at the Chargers stadium. Bronco fans have joked for years that San Diego is a 2nd home for us as you look in the stadium and it might be half Bronco fans at the game. I mean really if you could choose any NFL city to go to for a game where would it be? I think San Diego might be near the top for many.
I go to a home game usually once a year and the stadium always has a lot of the opposing team fans. San Diego is a destination vacation spot and makes it easy to want to go to a game there. A lot like Vegas. The Raiders would kill it in Vegas and I hope that happens.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? Are you eating bath salts? Who said it was a right, dummy?

He will have to pay wherever he goes. And it has been proven time and time again, that he will pay more if he leaves and it will also cost other NFL owners money as well. AND, leaving doesn't guarantee adding value, Einstein. The people of San Diego want the Chargers to stay, but are not so stupid as to pay a billionaire, billions to keep them.
In the end, he will pay and he knows it. His cards have been played, he lost. He can pay for it, or loose money.
You said the people of San Diego didn't want the Chargers to leave. By voting not to pay for the stadium they are saying either A. We don't care if you go or B. We aren't willing to pay for your stadium because it's our right to have a NFL team. You can't say they want them to stay but just aren't willing to pay for it. That's ridiculous. When you WANT something you pay for it. When you think something is your RIGHT you expect it for free. The latter is what San Diego is doing

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go to a home game usually once a year and the stadium always has a lot of the opposing team fans. San Diego is a destination vacation spot and makes it easy to want to go to a game there. A lot like Vegas. The Raiders would kill it in Vegas and I hope that happens.

Which again is why I hope they move to Vegas. I could see maybe at least a 1/3rd of the crowd being opposing fans. Kills a bit of the home field advantage. Plus have to think businesses in Vegas are going to buy up a bunch of the tickets to hand out to clients. The Raiders might actually go through a bit of a crowd change from guys completely decked out in spikes and painted black from head to toe to guys in business suits.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Councilmembers propose giving Chargers $1 lease to revive stadium talks

SAN DIEGO - Four members of the San Diego City Council are proposing that the Qualcomm Stadium site be leased to the Chargers for $1 in "one last concerted effort" to keep the team in San Diego.

The proposal by council President Myrtle Cole and council members Chris Cate, Scott Sherman and Lorie Zapf was made in a letter sent to Chargers Chairman Dean Spanos, with copies to National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell and other team owners.

Spanos has been calling for a new playing facility for his team for more than 15 years. Last month, voters rejected increasing the city's hotel room tax to partially fund a downtown stadium project.

I don't know if either side will be getting their money's worth out of that deal.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said the people of San Diego didn't want the Chargers to leave. By voting not to pay for the stadium they are saying either A. We don't care if you go or B. We aren't willing to pay for your stadium because it's our right to have a NFL team. You can't say they want them to stay but just aren't willing to pay for it. That's ridiculous. When you WANT something you pay for it. When you think something is your RIGHT you expect it for free. The latter is what San Diego is doing
You are like talking to my sisters kids.
You're way off and your thought process is ridiculous. By not voting to pay says A. you are the owner who profits from your private business and this is your responsibility. When I want a season ticket, I buy it. If you want me to buy them, you need to build a stadium. When Disney moves a new amusement park into a new city, does the city pay for? That's right, dummy. The owners and investors pay for it and the residents and visitors buy tickets to visit. The NFL isn't a government regulated program that requires tax payer money.
Not sure you'll be able to comprehend this, but you should read it at least three times and then go take a walk. You'll catch on, eventually.

BTW, your regurgitated comment about anyone thinking its a right makes me think you're 12. Just a plain stupid comment and it's very hard to believe and adult could truly think that way.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which again is why I hope they move to Vegas. I could see maybe at least a 1/3rd of the crowd being opposing fans. Kills a bit of the home field advantage. Plus have to think businesses in Vegas are going to buy up a bunch of the tickets to hand out to clients. The Raiders might actually go through a bit of a crowd change from guys completely decked out in spikes and painted black from head to toe to guys in business suits.
I agree. I think Vegas is a home-run for an NFL team or P5 conference.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Spanos and the Chargers still have to pay $15M in annual operating expenses and $100M in scheduled repairs needed.

Spanos is angry with the offer - whatever Spanos. Go chase your free money elsewhere Dean. I've had enough of him and I'm not even a CHarger fan.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are like talking to my sisters kids.
You're way off and your thought process is ridiculous. By not voting to pay says A. you are the owner who profits from your private business and this is your responsibility. When I want a season ticket, I buy it. If you want me to buy them, you need to build a stadium. When Disney moves a new amusement park into a new city, does the city pay for? That's right, dummy. The owners and investors pay for it and the residents and visitors buy tickets to visit. The NFL isn't a government regulated program that requires tax payer money.
Not sure you'll be able to comprehend this, but you should read it at least three times and then go take a walk. You'll catch on, eventually.

BTW, your regurgitated comment about anyone thinking its a right makes me think you're 12. Just a plain stupid comment and it's very hard to believe and adult could truly think that way.
So lets say you owned a business and needed a new production plant and a different city volunteered to build you one. You being a nice guy offered your current city a chance to build you one too but they said no thanks. What, to you, would that tell you about your current city?? That's what is happening here. The owner doesn't need to build his own stadium just so the people of San Diego feel warm and fuzzy. It's ridiculous. If they want the team they need to fund the stadium or someone else will. It's that simple. They are NOT funding the stadium which means they don't want the team.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think Vegas is a home-run for an NFL team or P5 conference.

Disagree - you would have to deal with the LV devil, Sheldon Adelson. There's no way the NFL would want his taint involved in one of it's franchises.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree - you would have to deal with the LV devil, Sheldon Adelson. There's no way the NFL would want his taint involved in one of it's franchises.

Well the way I understand it quite a few NFL owners are behind the move to Vegas. From the sound of it Vegas has a great offer where the NFL doesn't have to chip in as much to help build the stadium because of some business men in Vegas willing to put the money up for it like Adelson. Yeah I think that will come back to bite them but it seems like unless something crazy happens the Raiders in Vegas will be a go.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear to God people are idiots. Comparing apples and oranges. Spanos doesn't need to do shit. He will get his stadium funded by tax payers because some city will do it for him. If it's not in SD then that's because SD decided they didn't give a fuck. Asking a guy to spend hundreds of millions when he has no need to do so is moronic.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So lets say you owned a business and needed a new production plant and a different city volunteered to build you one. You being a nice guy offered your current city a chance to build you one too but they said no thanks. What, to you, would that tell you about your current city?? That's what is happening here. The owner doesn't need to build his own stadium just so the people of San Diego feel warm and fuzzy. It's ridiculous. If they want the team they need to fund the stadium or someone else will. It's that simple. They are NOT funding the stadium which means they don't want the team.

Oh, it all makes sense now. You don't know what you're talking about. If they go to LA, LA tax payers aren't paying for it. PERIOD. So, again, re-read my previous post, take a walk, and absorb the education I'm giving you. LA isn't offering to pay for the Chargers new stadium. AND if they leave SD, that's where they are going. Also, please share where you got your idiotic thought that another city has agreed to build a new stadium for the Chargers with tax payer money? I'll wait....

Look man, I get it, you want to think you're right and you feel that Spanos is entitled to tax payer money, you're wrong and he's not. Jus the facts.
Next imbecile please.....

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear to God people are idiots. Comparing apples and oranges. Spanos doesn't need to do shit. He will get his stadium funded by tax payers because some city will do it for him. If it's not in SD then that's because SD decided they didn't give a fuck. Asking a guy to spend hundreds of millions when he has no need to do so is moronic.
Clearly. :scratch:

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you Spanos, go burn in hell.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly - midwestern myopia.
A person can only take so much stupid before you realize, he doesn't really believe what he's saying, he's just trolling, no adult is that stupid.
My bad, I fell for it hook, line and sinker. These trolls get the best of all of us sometimes....

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A person can only take so much stupid before you realize, he doesn't really believe what he's saying, he's just trolling, no adult is that stupid.
My bad, I fell for it hook, line and sinker. These trolls get the best of all of us sometimes....

I don't think he's trolling too much - I just think he's looking at things from a midwestern point of view. I've lived in Kansas City and currently live in San Diego county. So I get it - in the midwest, when the weather gets cold - Football is king. I've been to way more games in Arrowhead than Qualcomm, despite living in San Diego area three times as long.