• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

0 degrees in Minnesota on Sunday

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's going to suck more for the fans watching the game than the players playing in it.

I'll give the Vikings a slight advantage since they will be able to practice in it throughout the week.

The cold will be an immediate shock to the body and it'll suck for the first quarter or so but once the game gets going and everyone's adrenaline kicks in the players will adjust to it.

I have a feeling that the cold is going to impact the players more mentally than physically. The ones that will be successful will be in such a zone that they forget it's even cold out.

If Beast Mode is back, that should even out the running game that The Vikes have to lean on and I think Wilson being the better qb will have more success throwing against their D than they will the Hawks.....
I like Seattle to win that one and advance.....

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry you didn't get to use your abacus on this one, but don't worry, you'll be back to googling stats in no time.

A guy has to figure out the tilt somehow.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm betting that after the fact this will be one of those games you didn't actually bet on.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true. Seahawks will be on full tilt this weekend when AP ruins the new year for Seattle suspect Defense.

Suspected of what? Still being the best in the league?

Your troll game is weak

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Op's Point.............

Load the guys up with Fireball before you send them out. They'll say nice and toasty

Maybe again at Halftime too

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this in the comments section of another site. It makes sense and if true maybe it makes the cold weather a little less of a factor. :

"
View attachment 74148
Tery Hooper ·
University of Saskatchewan
Ahemm.TCF Bankstadium has 'hydronically' heated turf..Which effectively keeps the turf warm and heats the atmosphere immediatley above the turf. The ball is NOT going to be a stone, and the field will not only be NOT deadly cold, but quite comfortable, as warm as 25 degrees or so.."

Interesting.

It might be colder sitting on the sidelines than being out on the playing field then. Weather not as much of factor as people are saying?

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true. Seahawks will be on full tilt this weekend when AP ruins the new year for Seattle suspect Defense.

........you mean like he did a few weeks ago when Seattle's "suspect D" (that led the league in fewest points allowed) held AP to 8 carries to 18 yards?

The same "suspect D" that held the Viks to 125 total yards (94 yards passing and 31 rushing yards)?

The only score that Minny got was a kick off return when the game was already out of reach!

Now, I fully expect the Viks to come out and play a much better game this time but calling the Seahawks D "suspect" is an odd choice. I "suspect" you are either being sarcastic or it is just a plain stupid comment.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

It might be colder sitting on the sidelines than being out on the playing field then. Weather not as much of factor as people are saying?

I don't think people realize how much better prepared football teams for really cold weather.

Space heaters, hand warmers, and other artificial warmers are much better these days than they were back in the days of the Ice Bowl.

I used to play in a rec football league in my 20s. We played December-April and the games were on Sunday mornings. We would play at 8 in the morning in single digits regularly. We did not enjoy that but truth is that once you started playing you soon forgot you were cold. The toughest thing was keeping your hands warm. Of course we didn't have hand warmers or portable heaters.

The game will be unpleasant because of the weather but I really don't think it will be nearly the factor that some people thing.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kicking will be big but it will also effect the passing game.

The balls are going to be hard and slick. In this cold of weather no amount of heating will help that.

The one downside is that right now in MN it is 32 degrees. It's not supposed to get cold until Sat night. Which means the Vikes won't get to practice in the super, super cold so it does negate the advantage a little. Just being acclimated to the weather is a huge advantage....anyone who has experienced the radical difference between a 35 degree day in the fall and a 35 degree day in spring understands that.

People who have seen games where it is 20 degrees and the game not be all the effected simply doesn't understand just how much colder 0 is. It is going to be so cold that frostbite will start to take hold in less than 10 minutes of expose.

This is going to be a miserable experience for the players. The team that advances is going to have one hell of a time turning around and playing another playoff game the next week. I wanted to put Seattle in the SB in my playoff bracket from the NFC but couldn't do it knowing they would have to play this brutal game, fly home and then fly back out to Carolina.
Just the way RW likes 'em...Hard and slick...:nutswing:

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suspected of what? Still being the best in the league?

Your troll game is weak
ahhh looks like denver has the best defense in the league they are #1 and seahawks is #2 so 1 being the best and 32 being the worst .. I would say thet Denver owns the title of best defense this year #2 is only the first loser

NFL Stats: Team

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhh looks like denver has the best defense in the league they are #1 and seahawks is #2 so 1 being the best and 32 being the worst .. I would say thet Denver owns the title of best defense this year #2 is only the first loser

NFL Stats: Team

NUMBERS DON'T LIE

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game all relies on if the Vikes Lbs can contain Wilson.
There's probably more to it than that. Don't you think AP has to have a big game? Don't you think you have to keep Lynch from dominating the game? Plus, keeping Wilson in the pocket as a strategy to beat the Seattle offense is a stale theory. He had a 118 passer rating from the pocket this year.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I'm 47. Anyone I've needed to impress is already impressed. Me freezing my nuts off to watch football isn't going to help anything or impress anyone. Give me a nice cozy dome or at least a city that doesn't see extreme cold very often anyday. I'm Canadian, I've been cold long enough.

Yep, I can't wait for that new stadium to open.
I can handle the cold no problem(I'm out in it for work), and I tailgate for the games, but there's nothing better than knowing that it'll be 70 degrees and comfy at kickoff..

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This weather is actually going to disadvantage the Vikings. Bad weather usually throws passing games out of whack and if this turns into a ground and pound battle...Minny isn't going to win. They got 8 yards last time and no reason to think, with SEA elite run defense able to zero in more on AP, it's going to get much better than that this time.

You have to be able to throw the ball to beat SEA and do it at a high level. Their secondary is where they are most vulnerable. Palmer shredded it in Seattle. So did Big Ben. Dalton did too. Rodgers had his way. I wasn't sure Bridgewater could do it in the biggest game of his life in ideal conditions...but if he's asked to do it in garbage...forget it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This weather is actually going to disadvantage the Vikings. Bad weather usually throws passing games out of whack and if this turns into a ground and pound battle...Minny isn't going to win. They got 8 yards last time and no reason to think, with SEA elite run defense able to zero in more on AP, it's going to get much better than that this time.

You have to be able to throw the ball to beat SEA and do it at a high level. Their secondary is where they are most vulnerable. Palmer shredded it in Seattle. So did Big Ben. Dalton did too. Rodgers had his way. I wasn't sure Bridgewater could do it in the biggest game of his life in ideal conditions...but if he's asked to do it in garbage...forget it.
If you can't push the ball down the field in the air, you have a small chance of beating Seattle. I agree with that.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Minnesota played in a dome forever. The players will be fine but their pampered fan base will suffer.

Yup...this is Minnesota fan base. We love being pampered. Why wouldn't we?