• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

0 degrees in Minnesota on Sunday

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pussies.

I had my wife talked into season tickets if the Vikes built an outdoor stadium. No desire to see a game played indoors.

I'm 47. Anyone I've needed to impress is already impressed. Me freezing my nuts off to watch football isn't going to help anything or impress anyone. Give me a nice cozy dome or at least a city that doesn't see extreme cold very often anyday. I'm Canadian, I've been cold long enough.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this in the comments section of another site. It makes sense and if true maybe it makes the cold weather a little less of a factor. :

"
View attachment 74148
Tery Hooper ·
University of Saskatchewan
Ahemm.TCF Bankstadium has 'hydronically' heated turf..Which effectively keeps the turf warm and heats the atmosphere immediatley above the turf. The ball is NOT going to be a stone, and the field will not only be NOT deadly cold, but quite comfortable, as warm as 25 degrees or so.."

That "may be," but any amount of wind will just pull the warmth off the surface. Sure, the field might not be stone cold-like.... but an inch or so off? Cold.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 47. Anyone I've needed to impress is already impressed. Me freezing my nuts off to watch football isn't going to help anything or impress anyone. Give me a nice cozy dome or at least a city that doesn't see extreme cold very often anyday. I'm Canadian, I've been cold long enough.

Easy to dress for the cold

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to the Pirates, Blues :tsk: and Vikings.

(fuck the Blues!!! :dhd:)

Gotcha ya...

-I have ALWAYS been a NFC Norte guy...huge GB fan up until Horning retired, then I jumped ship over to Bud Grant's ship and Paul Krause (my all-time fav playa).

-I have been a Pirate fan since my eyes first locked onto Roberto Clemente (all-time fav playa) after jumping ship from the New York Mets...NL homer and always will be.

-'ockey is my 3rd fav sport and I like the Blues because THAT jersey is the BEST of the rest of the sporting world...well that and the Hulls.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes haven't been to the SB since they went inside.

To me, football is all about playing in the elements. Hell, I think the SB should rotate to a different stadium every year regardless of location.

Agreed... elements make football fun... In Seattle were always playing in cold sloppy weather and it always makes the games interesting.. I didn't like it nearly as much when we had a dome ...

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks neat. It'll probably be loud, and I'm sure they had in mind hosting big events inside it, but that still kinda sucks that they are passing on having their own "Frozen Tundra".

Indoors. It's a $1B stadium. Not going to build something that expensive that can't be used for other events 3-4 months out of the year. And of course no roof means no SB.

IMO football and especially playoff football shouldn't be played outdoors in conditions like this if you can help it. The teams should decide the outcome....not the weather.

* WiFi hotspots are being installed inside the handrails around the stadium allowing fans easy and reliable access to internet throughout the stadium.

* At the U.S. Bank Stadium, the two large big screens will be 972 percent larger than those at the Metrodome. Each of the two main video boards will have two 15-foot wide sections that will be utilized for sponsors and real time fantasy football stats. That should get some fans off their couch and down to the stadium.

* The plan for the 4.2-acre Downtown East Commons park area will include a great lawn that can accommodate 7,000 people, a reflective pool, ice skating rink, pavilion, cafe and patio.

* In addition, the main entrance or front door to the stadium (west entrance) will have a three-acre plaza to be used for outdoor concerts and pregame festivities on a weekly basis.

* And you will never miss any of the action in the concourse. More than 2,000 HD TVs will be installed all throughout the stadium—which is double the original estimates.

The main thing, will be the additional concessions and bathrooms, though. Something the Dome was severely short on, leaving the concourse impassable at times due to long lines and congestion.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota played in a dome forever. The players will be fine but their pampered fan base will suffer.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Some players will relish this weather and some players will hate it.

And once they start playing, they will largely forget about it.

The footballs are heated. The QBs and receivers have hand warmers on the sidelines.

There may be some sloppiness because of the weather but I doubt that either team will be any more prone to it.

I can't imagine anyone relishing zero degree weather that ain't a polar bear...That's gonna be rough on both teams, I just hope it's snowing, I love to watch those games...From my living room, of course....:D

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they can. Too cold and skill can only take you so far. You also have to have heart and determination.....something the Vikings have more of.

Can't tell if you are joking....

Game all relies on if the Vikes Lbs can contain Wilson.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Cold weather isn't nearly the problem people think it is. It is a problem.

But wind and moisture are far bigger problems.

It's not like the Vikings play in this weather normally either.
By now you know the narrative. Cold ONLY affects Seattle's players. Mini's are all related to polar bears and such.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the fuzzy unmeasurable metrics. You're consistent, I'll give you that.

Sorry you didn't get to use your abacus on this one, but don't worry, you'll be back to googling stats in no time.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine anyone relishing zero degree weather that ain't a polar bear...That's gonna be rough on both teams, I just hope it's snowing, I love to watch those games...From my living room, of course....:D
If it's zero degrees that most likely means little to no cloud cover. Clouds keep heat in.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's going to suck more for the fans watching the game than the players playing in it.

I'll give the Vikings a slight advantage since they will be able to practice in it throughout the week.

The cold will be an immediate shock to the body and it'll suck for the first quarter or so but once the game gets going and everyone's adrenaline kicks in the players will adjust to it.

I have a feeling that the cold is going to impact the players more mentally than physically. The ones that will be successful will be in such a zone that they forget it's even cold out.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes haven't been to the SB since they went inside.

To me, football is all about playing in the elements. Hell, I think the SB should rotate to a different stadium every year regardless of location.
Not me. I want to see the best athletes in the world on a fast track. Screw the elements. Lets make it about the game and not the weather.