• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

0 degrees in Minnesota on Sunday

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhh looks like denver has the best defense in the league they are #1 and seahawks is #2 so 1 being the best and 32 being the worst .. I would say thet Denver owns the title of best defense this year #2 is only the first loser

NFL Stats: Team

Yup. Being the No. 2 defense in yards and No. 1 defense in points allowed really proves that the Seahawks defense is shit.

Great logic there.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Being the No. 2 defense in yards and No. 1 defense in points allowed really proves that the Seahawks defense is shit.

Great logic there.

He never said that. Learn how to read

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never said that. Learn how to read

Oh he didn't say "I would say thet Denver owns the title of best defense this year #2 is only the first loser"

Pretty sure you don't win any trophies for having the No. 1 ranked defense.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad I live in Arizona.
I'm up in flagstaff right now and it's a blizzard. I can't see more than a block down the road and people are cross country skiing on the sidewalks. No joke. I think I-17 and I-40 are closed.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhh looks like denver has the best defense in the league they are #1 and seahawks is #2 so 1 being the best and 32 being the worst .. I would say thet Denver owns the title of best defense this year #2 is only the first loser

There are some defensive stats where Denver did better than Seattle, and there are some where Seattle did better than Denver. Broncos gave up 8 yards less per game. Seattle allowed fewer points, fewer rush yards per game, better 3rd down conversion defense, better passer rating against. Seattle certainly is the best defense looking over the past 4 years, but Denver's D may have had a better overall season this year. Not a slam dunk though, and having the 2nd or even 3rd best defense matched up with the league's top rated passer is not a bad problem to have heading into the playoffs.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some defensive stats where Denver did better than Seattle, and there are some where Seattle did better than Denver. Broncos gave up 8 yards less per game. Seattle allowed fewer points, fewer rush yards per game, better 3rd down conversion defense, better passer rating against. Seattle certainly is the best defense looking over the past 4 years, but Denver's D may have had a better overall season this year. Not a slam dunk though, and having the 2nd or even 3rd best defense matched up with the league's top rated passer is not a bad problem to have heading into the playoffs.

Both defenses are very good. It's nearly impossible to compare the two because they played entirely different schedules. Seattle played the #1 offense twice and the #3 offense as well. Those three games alone decreased our defensive ranking a bit because they move the ball so well. I haven't looked at Denver's schedule but I think the best Offense they played might have been New England who is ranked 6th. Of course none of that proves anything. I mean, Seattle also played the #32 offense twice so we had that going for us as well. I think if people use the bigger picture and look at the Seahawks body of work over the past 4 seasons it becomes a lot harder to say they aren't one of the best defenses ever.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great logic there.
i never said your d was shit .. i was quoting a post that said it was the best .. and the statas prove otherwise .. denver has 2 out of 3 categories .. so your number 2 behind denver .. no shame in that in the everybody gets a trophy era right .. i was just merely showing with stats that denver has the best defense that is all .. you guy's are quite touchy about stuff like this .. if I didnt know better i would say that there is a bit of an inferiority complex going on here

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never said your d was shit .. i was quoting a post that said it was the best .. and the statas prove otherwise .. denver has 2 out of 3 categories .. so your number 2 behind denver .. no shame in that in the everybody gets a trophy era right .. i was just merely showing with stats that denver has the best defense that is all .. you guy's are quite touchy about stuff like this .. if I didnt know better i would say that there is a bit of an inferiority complex going on here

Not to quibble but I think Seattle actually has 2 out 3 categories not Denver. Seattle has #1 rushing D and #1 scoring D. Denver has #1 passing D. But they get the overall #1 D based on total yards allowed.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody was talking about the past 4 years just this year . past is past and denver is #1 D this year .. whats wrong with that ?

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both defenses are very good. It's nearly impossible to compare the two because they played entirely different schedules. Seattle played the #1 offense twice and the #3 offense as well. Those three games alone decreased our defensive ranking a bit because they move the ball so well. I haven't looked at Denver's schedule but I think the best Offense they played might have been New England who is ranked 6th. Of course none of that proves anything. I mean, Seattle also played the #32 offense twice so we had that going for us as well. I think if people use the bigger picture and look at the Seahawks body of work over the past 4 seasons it becomes a lot harder to say they aren't one of the best defenses ever.
dk here is where the stats came from and denver has 2 out of 3 categories sorry dude

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dk here is where the stats came from and denver has 2 out of 3 categories sorry dude

And Seattle has the fewest points allowed a game, the most important stat.

Regardless, I don't much care whether Seattle is the No 1 or No 2 or No 3 defense. I responded only because of your "1st loser" comment because that somehow implied that the Seahawk defense wasn't all that great and was really no different than any other defense.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yards are great & all, but points are the king.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya I see how you are getting that, but really the 3 categories in defense are rushing, passing, and points allowed. I suppose you could say there are 4 categories when you include total yards but that's really just a combo or 2 of the other 3 categories. If we are saying there are 4 categories then Seattle and Denver each have two. Either way they are both very good defenses. The overall difference in total yards allowed is only something like 8 yards and the overall difference in points allowed is probably only about 1 point. Either one of these two teams should be hard to move the ball against or score against.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you what I think is impressive. Denver is 19th (-6) in give away/take away and they ended up with the #1 defense. Early in the season when Seattle was near the bottom in this category we were losing games, it's no coincidence I think that when started improving this area we started winning. Now Seattle is 6th (+4) in this category and it shows. The fact that Denver has given away the ball more than they've taken it away and still finished with the #1 seed is very impressive.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Seattle has the fewest points allowed a game, the most important stat.

Regardless, I don't much care whether Seattle is the No 1 or No 2 or No 3 defense. I responded only because of your "1st loser" comment because that somehow implied that the Seahawk defense wasn't all that great and was really no different than any other defense.
well its true #2 isnt as good as #1 thats the truth just like in a beauty pageant 1st runner up didnt get the crown but they are #1 amount the losers so there is that

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I see how you are getting that, but really the 3 categories in defense are rushing, passing, and points allowed. I suppose you could say there are 4 categories when you include total yards but that's really just a combo or 2 of the other 3 categories. If we are saying there are 4 categories then Seattle and Denver each have two. Either way they are both very good defenses. The overall difference in total yards allowed is only something like 8 yards and the overall difference in points allowed is probably only about 1 point. Either one of these two teams should be hard to move the ball against or score against.
well thats how the nfl views it and lets face facts all 32 teams is the nfl's product and thats how they are judging this

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm struggling with the idea that the Vikes have an advantage due to the cold weather.

It's been a balmy winter, they haven't had a chance to practice in cold weather. It's currently in the 30's....even if they practiced in the middle of the night it's still upper teens.....and there's a big difference between that and zero or colder..

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well thats how the nfl views it and lets face facts all 32 teams is the nfl's product and thats how they are judging this

No doubt. And by that metric Denver is the #1 defense. I've never said otherwise.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle defense isn't that good, last time they played the Vikes, the Vikes got close to field goal range twice.

So chew on that bitches.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle defense isn't that good, last time they played the Vikes, the Vikes got close to field goal range twice.

So chew on that bitches.

That's funny.

I think the big difference in Seattle's team this year compared to the past 3 years is the offense. The Hawks have been very good (#1) in Defense the past 3 years but the Offense was never ranked very high. This year they have the #2 Defense and the #4 Offense. This Hawk's team is looking far more balanced than any of the previous years teams.