• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

0 degrees in Minnesota on Sunday

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well its true #2 isnt as good as #1 thats the truth just like in a beauty pageant 1st runner up didnt get the crown but they are #1 amount the losers so there is that

What did Denver win for having the No. 1 defense?

FTR, I think Denver had the best defense this year. I'm cool with No. 2.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny.

I think the big difference in Seattle's team this year compared to the past 3 years is the offense. The Hawks have been very good (#1) in Defense the past 3 years but the Offense was never ranked very high. This year they have the #2 Defense and the #4 Offense. This Hawk's team is looking far more balanced than any of the previous years teams.

Right now I think Seattle looks like they could roll through the NFC. Everyone will be studying film from the Rams victory but it doesn't mean the teams can duplicate that game plan and it's not like Seattle isn't doing the same thing.

What I like about this coming game is it that it should be won in the trenches, fuck finesse, beat down the guy in front of you.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I saw on chart on Twitter that shows that the biggest factor that the cold has is turnovers.

Average number of turnovers when the temperature is over 50 degrees is 3.2. When the temp is below 20 the average is 5.1.

Granted I would caution that these numbers could have a high degree of variance, particularly the cold weather number.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I saw on chart on Twitter that shows that the biggest factor that the cold has is turnovers.

Average number of turnovers when the temperature is over 50 degrees is 3.2. When the temp is below 20 the average is 5.1.

Granted I would caution that these numbers could have a high degree of variance, particularly the cold weather number.

Hard to hold on to the ball once the fingers go numb...and their fingers will go numb.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta feeling there will be a lot of non-calls by the refs, they'll want to keep that clock moving.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta feeling there will be a lot of non-calls by the refs, they'll want to keep that clock moving.

Yup. Cold out there for them too. Probably worse since they don't get subbed out like the players do and the refs are out for the whole game, not just offense or defense.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the weather won't be a factor...Hawks roll

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of odd and false assumptions being made up here, or at least potentially false.

I've said this all week. The temperature will have an impact on the game and will for both teams. It isn't possible to know which gets the worst of it until after the game is played. It can't be known up front.

The cold favors Bridgewater over Wilson -
False - Teddy has a hand span of 9.25 inches which is fairly small for his size. Wilson's is 10.25 which is freakish larger for his size. Since the grip is going to be impacted that clearly favors Wilson. Factor in that Teddy is also from Florida and doesn't appear to have a lot of cold game experience and Wilson does, and that further bodes better for Wilson.

Vikings are more used to the cold -
False - Neither team has played much in the cold in general, but neither has been in anything close to this temperature at all.

Vikings are getting to practice in it -
False - It's in the 30's today and hasn't been down into the single digits this week. It won't dip below the 30's until Saturday and teams don't practice the day before a game. So neither team has had any practice time at this exact temperature. At all.

Cold will impact the passing game the most which favors the Vikings -
Yet to be determined - Both teams are going to look to be riding the backs of their stud RB's, but if the running game isn't working solidly both are going to need to generate something through the air to at least spread the defense out. As we already stated above on paper that should impact Teddy more than Wilson given their hand sizes.

The balls are going to be harder and probably slicker. It depends more on the snow fall and wind than the cold, but weather will likely cause turnovers and more busted plays. I did hear one national pundit say he thought the weather favored Seattle because he believes those things are harder for the weaker team. Stronger teams adapt better and it was his opinion that the Seahawks are way ahead of the Viks in that aspect. Just more opinions.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By now you know the narrative. Cold ONLY affects Seattle's players. Mini's are all related to polar bears and such.

Agreed Whiz...hey, you want a avi bet w/ me on this one? Remember, I have yet to win an avi play EVER on the tHoop. Bout time you stuck your big toe in the water. Why not an NFL ballgame? No points, SUP and for 1 week as usual sir. Team avis are at stack.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed Whiz...hey, you want a avi bet w/ me on this one? Remember, I have yet to win an avi play EVER on the tHoop. Bout time you stuck your big toe in the water. Why not an NFL ballgame? No points, SUP and for 1 week as usual sir. Team avis are at stack.
:lol: you and I have had avi bets before. Hell, i've lost my share as well. Wore duck avi's last year if you recall. I never turn down one week avi bets. It's those crazy ones people try like 6 months or something I laugh at.

You are on my friend.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loser should have to sport a Brown's logo.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was visiting the NFL home page and they had an article about some of the coldest games in NFL history and had a few pictures. I noticed this one from the ice bowl looking at Bart Starrs cleats not sinking at all down into the ground. That had to be fun ice skating around on that field.

dec-31-1967-lambeau-field_pg_600.jpg

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did Denver win for having the No. 1 defense?

FTR, I think Denver had the best defense this year. I'm cool with No. 2.
It doesnt seam like your ok with #2 .. denver won a first week bye cause their defense was the #1 D .. you dont think that their D had anything to do with their wins ?.. kudos to them

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was visiting the NFL home page and they had an article about some of the coldest games in NFL history and had a few pictures. I noticed this one from the ice bowl looking at Bart Starrs cleats not sinking at all down into the ground. That had to be fun ice skating around on that field.

View attachment 74486

Lolz at the air in between Starr's cleats...which begs the question:

Is U of Minny's field heated OR can we expect the same frozen tundra as Starr played on in the 60's?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is U of Minny's field heated OR can we expect the same frozen tundra as Starr played on in the 60's?

They had to install some kind of fancy heating system under the turf to comply with NFL rules apparently. So in theory the field itself should be un-thawed. The players, coaches and fans....................not so much. Silver lining: No mosquitoes.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its heated vikes had to put in the field heating system as part of the deal so they could play there