• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

0 degrees in Minnesota on Sunday

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Lots of odd and false assumptions being made up here, or at least potentially false.

I've said this all week. The temperature will have an impact on the game and will for both teams. It isn't possible to know which gets the worst of it until after the game is played. It can't be known up front.

The cold favors Bridgewater over Wilson -
False - Teddy has a hand span of 9.25 inches which is fairly small for his size. Wilson's is 10.25 which is freakish larger for his size. Since the grip is going to be impacted that clearly favors Wilson. Factor in that Teddy is also from Florida and doesn't appear to have a lot of cold game experience and Wilson does, and that further bodes better for Wilson.

Vikings are more used to the cold -
False - Neither team has played much in the cold in general, but neither has been in anything close to this temperature at all.

Vikings are getting to practice in it -
False - It's in the 30's today and hasn't been down into the single digits this week. It won't dip below the 30's until Saturday and teams don't practice the day before a game. So neither team has had any practice time at this exact temperature. At all.

Cold will impact the passing game the most which favors the Vikings -
Yet to be determined - Both teams are going to look to be riding the backs of their stud RB's, but if the running game isn't working solidly both are going to need to generate something through the air to at least spread the defense out. As we already stated above on paper that should impact Teddy more than Wilson given their hand sizes.

The balls are going to be harder and probably slicker. It depends more on the snow fall and wind than the cold, but weather will likely cause turnovers and more busted plays. I did hear one national pundit say he thought the weather favored Seattle because he believes those things are harder for the weaker team. Stronger teams adapt better and it was his opinion that the Seahawks are way ahead of the Viks in that aspect. Just more opinions.

I can't remember the wind chill temps, but 2 weeks ago the temp was 12 degrees against the Giants and last season against the Panthers it was about 15 degrees. That's pretty close to 0 degrees. I'm not saying Vikes will win, but Teddy has played in cold games where he has done pretty good.
It should be a good game. It will help the Vikes to get their starters back on defense, they'll need them all.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never said your d was shit .. i was quoting a post that said it was the best .. and the statas prove otherwise .. denver has 2 out of 3 categories .. so your number 2 behind denver .. no shame in that in the everybody gets a trophy era right .. i was just merely showing with stats that denver has the best defense that is all .. you guy's are quite touchy about stuff like this .. if I didnt know better i would say that there is a bit of an inferiority complex going on here

You were quoting a post replying to one calling the Seattle defense "suspect." Please try to remember the actual point of an argument rather than grasping at minor details. Point is the Seattle defense is great, not "suspect."

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were quoting a post replying to one calling the Seattle defense "suspect." Please try to remember the actual point of an argument rather than grasping at minor details. Point is the Seattle defense is great, not "suspect."
too many rules about this kind of shit ..I aint changing

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only stat that matters is score in any game. Seattle's D allowed less points than every other team for the 4th straight year. Other D's might be better at run stopping or better at some other phase, but none held the opponents to as low of a score as Seattle's did.

Seems rather cut and dry to me. :noidea:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like AP is going to own this game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Certainly possible. Seattle hasn't given up a 100 yard rusher all season so I would say that the odds are not great for that.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only stat that matters is score in any game. Seattle's D allowed less points than every other team for the 4th straight year. Other D's might be better at run stopping or better at some other phase, but none held the opponents to as low of a score as Seattle's did.

Seems rather cut and dry to me. :noidea:
but we were only talking about this year wiz ..geee

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't go on previous results from previous head to head matchups

just ask the Packers

Podunk is just crabby because I called his bandwagon riding ass out on the hypocrisy of the Seahawks, their HC, their city, himself and all Seattle fans like him. As if predicting a big game from one if the leagues greatest RBs of all time in a 0 degree playoff game where tackling him will be like tackling a tractor is so far fetched.

Carroll Correct in Saying Replacement Refs Must Go

Pete Carroll: ‘Perfect play’ by Seahawks’ Kam Chancellor, K.J. Wright vs. Lions overshadowed by officials’ mistake

:susp:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting in the stands at 0 is not a fun day ether, brandy or everclear?
Stay home and watch it on a big screen television.

Reactions: BUD

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0 degrees in January is normal for MN residents. I know.. These are 2 tough outdoor playing teams, they can handle it. Low scoring game most likely

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but we were only talking about this year wiz ..geee
I just wanted to jump in. Looked like everyone else was having fun bickering about stupid shit and I felt left out. :pout:

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like AP will puss out and go down early in the game and not return...then Minnesota players can go flog his nutsack with an icy switch at halftime!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like AP will puss out and go down early in the game and not return...then Minnesota players can go flog his nutsack with an icy switch at halftime!

0-38