• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

0 degrees in Minnesota on Sunday

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be said about extreme heat and humidity. Players cramping and needing IVs. As heat cramps, heat stroke start to take effect players lose their effectiveness.
Exactly.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. I want to see the best athletes in the world on a fast track. Screw the elements. Lets make it about the game and not the weather.

If I want to watch athletes on a fast track, I tune into the Olympics. When I watch football I want to see football players playing the game as it was intended...outside in the fall and winter.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I want to watch athletes on a fast track, I tune into the Olympics. When I watch football I want to see football players playing the game as it was intended...outside in the fall and winter.
Then you shouldn't be a Viking fan.

So let's have things other than the players on the field decide the game. Oh yea. And be miserable at the same time.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So let's have things other than the players on the field decide the game. Oh yea. And be miserable at the same time.

It's all part of the game.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 'it' factor.

Can't tell you what that is exactly, but I know it when I see it.

See: Art and ****.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can type out FUCK

but not P*O*R*N?

heh.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and why shouldn't I be a Viking fan? I was a fan when they entered the league, they went to 4 SB's playing outside and none since they became a dome team.. Can you blame me for wanting the Vikes to have that home field advantage like the Pack has at Lambeau?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all part of the game.
The game is 11 on 11. i don't mind the elements, but I prefer indoors. Hell, the game is for the fans and if I am going to pay, I prefer to watch the game in comfort.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is 11 on 11. i don't mind the elements, but I prefer indoors. Hell, the game is for the fans and if I am going to pay, I prefer to watch the game in comfort.

Then sit in your fucking living room.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and why shouldn't I be a Viking fan? I was a fan when they entered the league, they went to 4 SB's playing outside and none since they became a dome team.. Can you blame me for wanting the Vikes to have that home field advantage like the Pack has at Lambeau?
No. I can't blame you.

But if you need an advantage other than skill to win....

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I can't blame you.

But if you need an advantage other than skill to win....

You build your team around your playing conditions.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldnt they get proper air pressure if they filled the balls with air outside in the cold? It cant be as difficult as they are saying/

Click link for full article

How low will game balls' psi drop in frigid Seahawks-Vikes game?

This could deliver the mother of all psi level drops.

The NFL requires balls to be inflated between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch. The NFL's own internal investigation said footballs on the day of the AFC championship game in Foxborough, with temperatures in the low 50s, could naturally reach 11.32 psi. The lowest-recorded Pats football was either 10.5 or 10.9 depending on the measuring gauge used.

So how low should the air pressure go Sunday in the brutal chill of Minneapolis?

Try about 9.0 psi. Maybe even into the 8s.

Prior to last January, the NFL never paid too much attention to psi levels. Refs would set the balls and forget about it. Teams and players, however, often paid attention. In December 2014, a little more than a month before seflategate, Minnesota hosted Carolina in 13-degree temperatures. Television cameras caught sideline attendants using heaters to warm up the balls. The NFL warned both teams of the rule violation.

"You can't do anything with the footballs in terms of anything artificial, whether you're heating them up, whether it's a regular game ball or kicking ball," NFL vice president of officiating Dean Blandino told the NFL Network.

"So that was noticed during the game," Blandino continued. "Both teams were made aware of it during the game and we will certainly remind the clubs as we get into more cold weather games that you can't do anything with the football in terms of heating them up with those sideline heaters."

So Sunday it'll have to be natural, and that means softer than the guidelines would prefer. Naughton wrote the psi levels wouldn't get above 10 unless the temperature climbs above 15.

"The pressure will, unambiguously, drop several psi," Naughton wrote. "The game will be played with these 'illegal' balls."

Is there anyway to inflate the balls so much pregame that they can withstand the bitter cold and get to the NFL's preferred 12.5-13.5 psi?

"The only way to assure a game under such conditions is pressurize them to between 16.7 and 17.8 psig pregame," Naughton wrote.

Or in the parlance of Jim McNally … "a [expletive] balloon."

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You build your team around your playing conditions.
That's a bunch of BS. Give me one player worth a shit that you would have passed on because of playing conditions. Let the fans n the stadium detriment the hfa nor the "potential bad weather".