• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WrestleMania 33 thread

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with you all. That was one of the worst booked Mania's I can ever remember watching. There were a lot of good matches, but the booking was absolutely horrid.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with you all. That was one of the worst booked Mania's I can ever remember watching. There were a lot of good matches, but the booking was absolutely horrid.
How was it horrid? Every match had a clean in the center of the ring finish. You may not agree with who went over in each match but the booking was far from horrid. A little predictable excepting the Hardy's showing up maybe but horrid, not IMO.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was it horrid? Every match had a clean in the center of the ring finish. You may not agree with who went over in each match but the booking was far from horrid. A little predictable excepting the Hardy's showing up maybe but horrid, not IMO.
Booking includes who went over. Also every match shouldn't be clean. Heels should use heel measures. This was a boring, bland, bad booking. Corbin losing, Wyatt losing, Sasha not turning heel, Naomi winning, Joe not showing up to help HHH which goes against the entire storyline, Mojo winning, 4 spear and a jackhammer not keeping brock down when it's already been proven 1 or 2 can. It was poor booking and storytelling.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just some random thoughts on the show...

-Bell to bell the cruiserweight title match was my favorite match of the night. Not sure if this is in consideration but on their next draft I think Neville should get picked to Raw or SD (with a high pick) and be treated like an upper midcard talent. I don't care if it hurts the perception of 205 live. He should be having PPV feuds with Rollins, AJ, Balor, Owens etc.
- Ambrose has arguably been booked as the #2 fulltime Babyface after Reigns. Reigns has back to back show ending wins vs HHH and UT. Ambrose got squashed by Lesnar and was on the preshow this year. You can't think Reigns selling more merch than he does means anything at this point. Ambrose is organically over, a workhorse in the ring, and Great on promos. This isn't a conspiracy theory. They place a glass ceiling on guys like him.
-AJs the best in ring performer in the history of the company. I can't imagine anyone else in WWE/F history getting a match like that out of Shane without a no DQ stipulation.
- The Hardy's moment was amazing and well deserved.
- Lesnar/Goldberg was the best 5 mins of the show. Lesnar is a force of nature when he's motivated.
- HHH/Rollins was a good match, but I was fatigued on standard matches at that point. They needed something great there.
-Loved the storytelling in UT/Reigns. Loved the return of JR. UT got the sendoff he deserved.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booking includes who went over. Also every match shouldn't be clean. Heels should use heel measures. This was a boring, bland, bad booking. Corbin losing, Wyatt losing, Sasha not turning heel, Naomi winning, Joe not showing up to help HHH which goes against the entire storyline, Mojo winning, 4 spear and a jackhammer not keeping brock down when it's already been proven 1 or 2 can. It was poor booking and storytelling.
Disagree. Just cause they won clean in the ring doesn't mean heels didn't cheat. Steph interfered in HHH's match and then got what was coming to her when she was put/knocked thru a table. How would Joe have interfered without everyone seeing him from a mile away when he ran down that 85 yard ramp??? Mojo won with the help of Gronk which I loved. Brock obviously took roids for WM so he could withstand Goldberg's onslaught, I kid, I kid!!!

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Just cause they won clean in the ring doesn't mean heels didn't cheat. Steph interfered in HHH's match and then got what was coming to her when she was put/knocked thru a table. How would Joe have interfered without everyone seeing him from a mile away when he ran down that 85 yard ramp??? Mojo won with the help of Gronk which I loved. Brock obviously took roids for WM so he could withstand Goldberg's onslaught, I kid, I kid!!!
Joe could have came out of the crowd, out from under the ring, any number of things. You can't have Joe beat Rollins essentially every show for HHH and then just leave him out of a no DQ match. It makes 0 sense. Wyatt losing made no sense. Corbin losing made no sense. To many things made no sense.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe could have came out of the crowd, out from under the ring, any number of things. You can't have Joe beat Rollins essentially every show for HHH and then just leave him out of a no DQ match. It makes 0 sense. Wyatt losing made no sense. Corbin losing made no sense. To many things made no sense.
It makes sense if you watched Raw and heard HHH say the creator was turning into the destroyer. HHH didn't believe he needed Joe to beat a wounded Rollins.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Tubbs1518 . Can anything they do please you?

This was one of the best Wrestlemaina's in years. YEARS; but you are here bitching and moaning. You are like every IWC. Nothing can please you.

Imo 9/10 PPV

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Tubbs1518 . Can anything they do please you?

This was one of the best Wrestlemaina's in years. YEARS; but you are here bitching and moaning. You are like every IWC. Nothing can please you.

Imo 9/10 PPV

It was certainly better than the previous few years. I thought it was great up until the cringe forced gimmick match between Cena/Miz and their broads. It got a bit stale from there, there were still some good spots though. I'd say a 7.5/10. Wasnt the greatest ever, but enjoyable and had it's moments.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was certainly better than the previous few years. I thought it was great up until the cringe forced gimmick match between Cena/Miz and their broads. It got a bit stale from there, there were still some good spots though. I'd say a 7.5/10. Wasnt the greatest ever, but enjoyable and had it's moments.

I kinda over estimated. 8/10. Im not a huge special effects in wrestling match guy. So most of the orton/ wyatt match took away from a 9

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda over estimated. 8/10. Im not a huge special effects in wrestling match guy. So most of the orton/ wyatt match took away from a 9
I give it a 8/10 too. If Bray's special effects had actually cost Orton the match then I'd think about raising it to a 9 but how silly would that make Orton look???!!!

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd give it a 7 out of 10. Excluding the preshow the matches were mostly good but nothing approached greatness. Using the Meltzer scale there were a bunch of 3.5 star type matches but nothing over 4 ( my opinion don't know his).

The Wyatt maggot thing seemed weird to me but the crowd popped for it. Was probably a cool visual at the show. I love the RKO as an old school protected finisher but as the ending to that match felt so anti-climatic after watching people kick out of crazy shit all show.

Match quality was only OK but there were enough "moments" to make it a good show overall.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly with me, this was one of the worst wrestlemanias of all time.

Honestly i just dont understand what WWE is thinking putting Reigns against Taker in his final match. And they gave no foresight that it would be takers last. Dont they think they would have sold more PPVs? Also, Reigns isnt a heel nor a babyface with this outcome. Cause i thought all WWE wanted was Reigns to be babyface and they wont do it like this. Less he comes out tomorrow trashing Taker and starts some shit with , what would have made more sense, Bray. Orton? Dafuq is going on?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently during and after the taker "funeral" the WM stage caught fire

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Honestly with me, this was one of the worst wrestlemanias of all time.

Honestly i just dont understand what WWE is thinking putting Reigns against Taker in his final match. And they gave no foresight that it would be takers last. Dont they think they would have sold more PPVs? Also, Reigns isnt a heel nor a babyface with this outcome. Cause i thought all WWE wanted was Reigns to be babyface and they wont do it like this. Less he comes out tomorrow trashing Taker and starts some shit with , what would have made more sense, Bray. Orton? Dafuq is going on?
Outside of the face/heel stuff I thought it was a straightforward passing of the torch. Taker is the old guard and Reigns is the guy they envision in major matches at WM for at least 10 years. He's who they see as a star worthy of that moment.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just didn't enjoy it. To many little things and poor decisions about who won added up. It may not be the worst of all time, but it is one of the worst I can remember watching.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed it a lot, but I enjoy almost every PPV card, because I have friends over, drink a shit ton of beer, and grill up rib eyes, and I don't take a show that is geared towards pre teens and children, seriously, lmfao.

Popped hard for the Hardy's and Y2J's old school entrance.

The Cena/Nikki thing was really cool, and Taker retiring was sad as fuck, glad he put Roman over on his way out though.

Should be a Brock vs Roman feud coming up, and hopefully with no 3rd man added to any of their matches.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed it a lot, but I enjoy almost every PPV card, because I have friends over, drink a shit ton of beer, and grill up rib eyes, and I don't take a show that is geared towards pre teens and children, seriously, lmfao.

Popped hard for the Hardy's and Y2J's old school entrance.

The Cena/Nikki thing was really cool, and Taker retiring was sad as fuck, glad he put Roman over on his way out though.

Should be a Brock vs Roman feud coming up, and hopefully with no 3rd man added to any of their matches.
Brock/Reigns feud won't start for a while since it's headlining Mania next year. We are about to get Reigns/Strowman I'd imagine.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock/Reigns feud won't start for a while since it's headlining Mania next year. We are about to get Reigns/Strowman I'd imagine.

I was pretty upset that Strowman had no part of last night, probably the only thing that kind of irked me.

He should have at least done some damage in the Andre Battle Royal.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty upset that Strowman had no part of last night, probably the only thing that kind of irked me.

He should have at least done some damage in the Andre Battle Royal.
He had no part and Joe wasn't even on the entire show. They did a lot wrong last night that people will overlook because of a few really good moments.