• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WrestleMania 33 thread

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday, April 2
7 pm EST, WWE Network

Host - New Day

Raw Matchups

• Universal Championship
    • Goldberg (c) vs Brock Lesnar
    • single's match
  • United States Champion
    • Chris Jericho (c) vs Kevin Owens
    • single's match
  • Tag Team Champion
    • Gallows & Anderson vs Enzo & Cass vs Cesaro & Sheamus
    • Triple Threat Tag Team Ladder Match
  • Women's Championship
    • Bayley (c) vs Charlotte vs Nia Jax vs Sasha Banks
    • Fatal 4-Way Elimination Match
  • Cruiserweight Championship
    • Neville (c) vs Austin Aries
    • single's match
  • Other Matchups
    • Undertaker vs Roman Reigns
    • Triple H vs Seth Rollins - non sanctioned, no hold's barred match
Smackdown Matchups

• World Heavyweight Championship
    • Bray Wyatt (c) vs Randy Orton
    • single's match
  • Intercontinental Championship
    • Dean Ambrose (c) vs Baron Corbin
    • single's match
  • Women's Championship
    • Alexa Bliss (c) vs Becky Lynch vs Natalya vs Carmella vs Mickie James vs Naomi
    • 6-pack Challenge
  • Other Matchups
    • Shane McMahon vs AJ Styles - single's match
    • John Cena & Nikki Bella vs Miz & Maryse - mixed tag team match

Andre The Giant Battle Royal

Raw - Big Show, Braun Strowman, Goldust, R-Truth, Primo, Epico, Curtis Axel, Bo Dallas, Jinder Mahal, Sami Zayn, Mark Henry, Sin Cara, Titus O'Neil
Smackdown - Mojo Rawley, Apollo Crews, Curt Hawkins, Fandango, Tyler Breeze, Dolph Ziggler, Rhino, Heath Slater, Jason Jordan, Chad Gable, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Konnor, Viktor, Kalisto, Aiden English, Simon Gotch
NXT - Tian Bing

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I can't wait for the HOF tomorrow night.
This class is pure nostalgia for me. Rick Rude and the RNR Express were huge when I first got into wrestling. Angle might be my alltime favorite. DDP brings me right back to flipping between Raw and Nitro every Monday night in 97/98 (my favorite moment in Pop Culture)
And to top it all off Jim Cornette with a live mic.
It's going to be outstanding.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As with every year people are down on the show but it will be good at the end of the day. Now not everything will be good but at the end of show I think most people will be happy with how it ends up(assuming they don't let their personal feelings cloud their judgement(i.e if Reigns beats Taker people will call it the worst show ever right away.))

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As with every year people are down on the show but it will be good at the end of the day. Now not everything will be good but at the end of show I think most people will be happy with how it ends up(assuming they don't let their personal feelings cloud their judgement(i.e if Reigns beats Taker people will call it the worst show ever right away.))
Exactly. Love him or hate him, Reigns is the future of the WWE. There is absolutely no reason UT should be going over the future stars.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one like the card a lot, and think the build up for most of the matches has been good. The only match I didn't give a sh## about turned out to have the best build up (mixed tag match) and now I'm on board with that match as well.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of disappointed with how the did the women's division, especially SmackDown. Too many involved.

I hope the Cena/Bella v Miz/Maryse is used to give Miz a huge push. Him and Styles are the on fire right now and Cena is good to give a push. Cena is good as a babyface now since Miz is amazing as a heel. I hope that match is built on giving Miz a push.

Rollins vs HHH is built up good. HHH has easier role as the bully. Rollins will have to sell his injury since everyone knows he is healthy again. I think that will be big.

Braun Strowman is one I am loving. He needs to be a Paul Heyman guy. I don't care who wins the battle royal, I want Strowman to look dominant.

Mew Day will be great at hosting.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one like the card a lot, and think the build up for most of the matches has been good. The only match I didn't give a sh## about turned out to have the best build up (mixed tag match) and now I'm on board with that match as well.

To me, that will determine what happens. I don't want it to be based on Total Bellas or John Cena. I want them to allow Miz to shine.

Orton and Wyatt is the one I am disappointed in. Orton has been nothing since the fire. Orton is a big let down. Bray has been good though.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not always. People were down on it going in last year and that show stunk

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jim Ross will be calling one match at WM.
There's speculation it might be Reigns/UT if it's UT last match. Another possibility is Goldberg/Lesnar. Haven't heard any other matches singled out as guesses.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Ross' wife just died two days after her accident. I think it was the 23rd. Kind of think he might get back to work now but this is kind of quick.

I cannot believe they will choose Reigns to be Takers last match. That guy has enough against him, I sure hope he does not beat him to retirement, but how can WWE continue to pay taker his 860K a year for one match and a few appearances?

the other that might retire is Nikki Bella, with the rumors being that Cena will propose after they beat Miz and Maryse. I read it was a 75 page contract she had to sign when she moved into his house, I wonder what their marriage contract will be like.

Lesnar went down to a light spear from Goldberg on Raw, should guarantee him the win tonight with last guy to dive on tv wins the match.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall of fame was very good last night.

Need to use that bloodhound line from Theodore Long's line next time someone gets pulled over with me

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jim Ross' wife just died two days after her accident. I think it was the 23rd. Kind of think he might get back to work now but this is kind of quick.

I cannot believe they will choose Reigns to be Takers last match. That guy has enough against him, I sure hope he does not beat him to retirement, but how can WWE continue to pay taker his 860K a year for one match and a few appearances?

the other that might retire is Nikki Bella, with the rumors being that Cena will propose after they beat Miz and Maryse. I read it was a 75 page contract she had to sign when she moved into his house, I wonder what their marriage contract will be like.

Lesnar went down to a light spear from Goldberg on Raw, should guarantee him the win tonight with last guy to dive on tv wins the match.

For the Jim Ross thing, some people handle grief differently than others. Calling a WM match and getting completely immersed in his work might be good for him right now. I'm not a mental health expert- just providing a different perspective on it.

Reigns has looked like a star and an equal standing in the ring with Taker. I think that Reigns star power is a bigger deal to the WWE than the reaction he gets from smark crowds. Personally I think they should have turned him heel years ago. If they don't do it now it's not going to happen.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Jim Ross thing, some people handle grief differently than others. Calling a WM match and getting completely immersed in his work might be good for him right now. I'm not a mental health expert- just providing a different perspective on it.

Reigns has looked like a star and an equal standing in the ring with Taker. I think that Reigns star power is a bigger deal to the WWE than the reaction he gets from smark crowds. Personally I think they should have turned him heel years ago. If they don't do it now it's not going to happen.
Why would they turn him heel? They have absolutely 0 reason too.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why would they turn him heel? They have absolutely 0 reason too.

It might be an antiquated idea but the way wrestling used to work is that you generally went with the vocal crowd reaction and booked from there. If people chanted "Die Rocky Die" at a performer you turned him heel and went from there.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be an antiquated idea but the way wrestling used to work is that you generally went with the vocal crowd reaction and booked from there. If people chanted "Die Rocky Die" at a performer you turned him heel and went from there.
Except Reigns is their top full time merch seller. That spot is normally reserved for the top face. Him selling the most Merch shows that even tho he get's booed, the majority of fans clearly don't agree.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Except Reigns is their top full time merch seller. That spot is normally reserved for the top face. Him selling the most Merch shows that even tho he get's booed, the majority of fans clearly don't agree.
He's been booked above the rest of the full time roster for 3 years. He's going to sell more merch than Kevin Owens who got turned into a chicken shit heel champ and Rollins who had the most bizarre "face turn" I've seen. It's a self fulfilling prophesy that he sells the most merch.
House show attendance is at it's lowest levels in a decade and Raw 2 weeks ago (main evented by Roman Reigns) had the lowest rating is 20 years.

This isn't the Cena "polarizing" effect where he really was a mega draw and merch seller who had to stay face value despite boos.

Reigns should have turned a couple years ago and the fans would probably be ready to accept him as babyface champ. It's just VKMs stubbornness that stops it from happening.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been booked above the rest of the full time roster for 3 years. He's going to sell more merch than Kevin Owens who got turned into a chicken shit heel champ and Rollins who had the most bizarre "face turn" I've seen. It's a self fulfilling prophesy that he sells the most merch.
House show attendance is at it's lowest levels in a decade and Raw 2 weeks ago (main evented by Roman Reigns) had the lowest rating is 20 years.

This isn't the Cena "polarizing" effect where he really was a mega draw and merch seller who had to stay face value despite boos.

Reigns should have turned a couple years ago and the fans would probably be ready to accept him as babyface champ. It's just VKMs stubbornness that stops it from happening.
It's not ever going to happen. He has no reason to. As long as he is the top Merch seller, they have no reason to turn him.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reigns is only getting booed because the "smarks" think they're being cool and hip. Whose to say that if they do turn him heel those same fans wont start cheering him because they're trying to be different. The hate for Reigns is nothing like the hate for Cena was because people were generally tired of Cena on top all the time so they booed him, with Reigns they just boo because they're hipsters who think they're cool.

And the people who try and justify it try and act like it's because he's always shoved down our throats when in fact he has been out of the title picture for 6+ months and isn't really pushed as an unbeatable monster when both Strowman and Taker have gotten the better of him several times within the past 3 months.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's not ever going to happen. He has no reason to. As long as he is the top Merch seller, they have no reason to turn him.
Again, he's been booked as the lead Babyface for 3 years. He almost has to sell more merch than anyone else.
I'm not anti-Roman. His match quality has been topnotch and his look gives him a ton of crossover appeal. I legitimately think a heel turn would help him more than anyone else.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, he's been booked as the lead Babyface for 3 years. He almost has to sell more merch than anyone else.
I'm not anti-Roman. His match quality has been topnotch and his look gives him a ton of crossover appeal. I legitimately think a heel turn would help him more than anyone else.
And it might help with the boos, but that's not the point. To WWE, why would they mess with their top merch guy? They have no reason to since he is already selling the way he is.