• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hell In The Cell Week

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are these 7 legit contenders on the SD side? Only ones I see right now are Bobby Roode and KO. Orton or Rusev maybe. Maybe when Luke Harper comes back, throw him in there. But that's really about it. The issue with AJ is he's US champion and IF Corbin beats him for the title, that takes them both out of the WWE title picture. Depending on how this feud with Shane-O-Mac plays out, KO might be a front runner but it only makes sense of Nakamura is champ which then, if you have Nakamura win, Mahal needs to get his rematch at some point. If Ziggler ends up beating Roode, that kinda derails anything title related for Roode. If Orton beats Rusev, there goes Rusev out of the picture. If Rusev beats Orton, there goes Orton out of the picture. If Nakamura wins, he's got Mahal then either Rusev, KO or Ziggler. Ziggler vs. Nakamura might actually be a decent match with Ziggler's gimmick right now about hating fancy entrances and stuff like that. If Mahal wins, all you have is Randy Orton and Bobby Roode. And we've already seen Randy Orton vs. Jinder Mahal too many times. Unless they try...and this might be epic and maybe the best idea.

WWE Champion Shinsuke Nakamura vs. US Champion AJ Styles at Survivor Series. Might be the best plan but in that plan, we have to deal with Nakamura vs. Mahal at least one more time in between HITC and SS.

The 7 i listed

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 7 i listed

Here are the legit contenders I see in both scenarios:

If Nakamura wins the title, we have to sit through another Mahal/Nakamura match and then you have either AJ (long shot), KO, Ziggler, Orton or Rusev. Rusev, KO and Ziggler being contenders all depends on if they win at HITC.

If Mahal wins the title you have AJ (long shot again) or Bobby Roode. Roode's contention is dependent on whether he wins at HITC or not.

AJ can be a contender either way because if he beats Corbin, he might want to pull a Seth Rollins and hold the US and WWE titles at the same time. Unfortunately, Ziggler, Rusev, KO and Roode are all dependent on winning at Hell In The Cell. So that already eliminated Ziggler or Roode. It also doesn't make much sense to have a matchup like Mahal and KO or Mahal and Ziggler or Mahal and Rusev. It also doesn't make sense to have Mahal vs. Orton for the 4th time. So the legit contenders for Mahal, if he wins, would be Roode and AJ Styles. For Nakamura, there's more flexibility. The contenders could be Orton, Rusev, Ziggler, KO and AJ, dependent on outcomes at HITC. So I think there are only 4 legit contenders when we come out of HITC. I'd like to see AJ vs. Nakamura or Ziggler vs. Nakamura. My opinion still stands that Nakamura is NOT ready for a WWE title run. Maybe we have Nakamura and AJ for the US title instead. I think that's a good compromise.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard right now in the SD division.

We are sick of Orton regins.
Mahal is not cutting it.
Nuk is there but no one refuses to see it
Ditto for AJ and Ziggler
Corbin is his own worst enemy
Tye ( who i think is so over right now) is almost there.

There are the legit contenders for the title

Raw has 15-20

Sd has 7

There is something wrong with that picture

Obviously you mean Nak, but what do you mean "no one refuses to see it"?

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the legit contenders I see in both scenarios:

If Nakamura wins the title, we have to sit through another Mahal/Nakamura match and then you have either AJ (long shot), KO, Ziggler, Orton or Rusev. Rusev, KO and Ziggler being contenders all depends on if they win at HITC.

If Mahal wins the title you have AJ (long shot again) or Bobby Roode. Roode's contention is dependent on whether he wins at HITC or not.

AJ can be a contender either way because if he beats Corbin, he might want to pull a Seth Rollins and hold the US and WWE titles at the same time. Unfortunately, Ziggler, Rusev, KO and Roode are all dependent on winning at Hell In The Cell. So that already eliminated Ziggler or Roode. It also doesn't make much sense to have a matchup like Mahal and KO or Mahal and Ziggler or Mahal and Rusev. It also doesn't make sense to have Mahal vs. Orton for the 4th time. So the legit contenders for Mahal, if he wins, would be Roode and AJ Styles. For Nakamura, there's more flexibility. The contenders could be Orton, Rusev, Ziggler, KO and AJ, dependent on outcomes at HITC. So I think there are only 4 legit contenders when we come out of HITC. I'd like to see AJ vs. Nakamura or Ziggler vs. Nakamura. My opinion still stands that Nakamura is NOT ready for a WWE title run. Maybe we have Nakamura and AJ for the US title instead. I think that's a good compromise.

You say that like it's Nakamura's fault the matches vs. Mahal are/will be terrible.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that like it's Nakamura's fault the matches vs. Mahal are/will be terrible.

I'm not saying it's Nakamura's fault at all. However, if he's as good as people make him out to be, he should be able to carry the match along the way to be good. Granted, you can only carry a match so far with Mahal. Also, with that said, it's WWE's fault for giving us this watered down version of him.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nakamura has a reputation since Japan for conserving his health and only going all out on rare occasions. He's definitley one of the most skilled wrestlers on the roster along with AJ and they'd probably have an alltime great WM match if they gave them a half an hour to steal the show.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made bets on the Betting Exchange for HITC PPV. All of the matches end at the start of the PPV.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made bets on the Betting Exchange for HITC PPV. All of the matches end at the start of the PPV.

I changed the WWE Championship match and Owens-McMahon match to expire at 8:30.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Tag team tittle match..............

7297712b0970ebd0412486f167aed184.jpg

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That jail thing in the corner is awesome. It is very original and works well vs the Usos instead of Usos doing it to New Day.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE either messed up having the PPV open with this match or this PPV is going to be awesome. I like HITC matches and this is one of the better ones I have seen.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet those guys are happy they got a day off.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY SAMI WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They had been hinting at a Sami heel turn but I still wasn't expecting it. This should be huge for his career.
The Uso/New Day match was great. AJ/Corbin/Tye was great. Shane/KO was the biggest HIAC spectacle since the Mick Foley fall.

Best WWE PPV in awhile.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a really fun show minus the WWE title match where they managed to keep the Jinder thing going and utterly ruin any and all momentum Nakamura had since his NXT call up

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That was a really fun show minus the WWE title match where they managed to keep the Jinder thing going and utterly ruin any and all momentum Nakamura had since his NXT call up
I think Nakamura's fine.
He's getting the most consistent baby face reactions on either roster. He has clean wins vs Orton and Cena. I see it as more of a general wrestling trope of having the baby face get screwed over for months before finally winning the title.
Unless the Jinder title reign is making them money internationally this was a bad idea. They could have given this same title reign to Rusev or Sami Zayn and turned them into a star. It's ruined the identity and momentum of the show. The WWE championship feels like a mid card title. To me it's too late to take the title off Jinder. Anyone other than AJ will just feel like a lame duck champion heading into the Rumble/Mania season. AJ should win it at the rumble.