• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hell In The Cell Week

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nakamura's fine.
He's getting the most consistent baby face reactions on either roster. He has clean wins vs Orton and Cena. I see it as more of a general wrestling trope of having the baby face get screwed over for months before finally winning the title.
Unless the Jinder title reign is making them money internationally this was a bad idea. They could have given this same title reign to Rusev or Sami Zayn and turned them into a star. It's ruined the identity and momentum of the show. The WWE championship feels like a mid card title. To me it's too late to take the title off Jinder. Anyone other than AJ will just feel like a lame duck champion heading into the Rumble/Mania season. AJ should win it at the rumble.

You misspelled "get buried at the Rumble". Because that's what anyone going against Jobber Mahal is going to get...buried. Even AJ Styles.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here lies the dream WrestleMania match between AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura! Buried under the tens and tens of dollars from the Muh India tour!! Soon to be buried next to this dream WM match and Nakamura's WWE career? Bobby Roode and AJ Styles.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was anyone shocked Shane went off the top of the cage again? I think that was the only spot that was scripted for the entire event.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You misspelled "get buried at the Rumble". Because that's what anyone going against Jobber Mahal is going to get...buried. Even AJ Styles.
You have to keep in mind that Corbin lost the MITB briefcase because of backstage politics. They're probably booking this on the fly. Unless there's s huge, tangible financial benefit to Mahal as champion I expect him out of the title picture by Mania season.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to keep in mind that Corbin lost the MITB briefcase because of backstage politics. They're probably booking this on the fly. Unless there's s huge, tangible financial benefit to Mahal as champion I expect him out of the title picture by Mania season.

Huge, tangible benefit you say? I'd like to introduce you to Muh Indian market/tour. He won't be out of the title picture until WrestleMania...at the earliest. That's what I call burying your stars.

Shinsuke Nakamura? Buried under the feet of Muh India tour.
AJ Styles? See Nakamura, Shinsuke.
Bobby Roode? See Nakamura, Shinsuke.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Huge, tangible benefit you say? I'd like to introduce you to Muh Indian market/tour. He won't be out of the title picture until WrestleMania...at the earliest. That's what I call burying your stars.

Shinsuke Nakamura? Buried under the feet of Muh India tour.
AJ Styles? See Nakamura, Shinsuke.
Bobby Roode? See Nakamura, Shinsuke.

To me there's a huge distinction between a burial and not getting to be champ. When was the last time Roman was Univeral champ? Probably a year and a half.
Jinder will be the Champ on the India tour in December but the RR is in January.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me there's a huge distinction between a burial and not getting to be champ. When was the last time Roman was Univeral champ? Probably a year and a half.
Jinder will be the Champ on the India tour in December but the RR is in January.

Roman Reigns has never been Universal Champ. He held the title that Jinder Mahal is currently devaluing....three times. Not to mention there's 1, possibly 2 more PPV's before Muh Indian tour. Which poor sap are they going to bury this time? Most likely AJ Styles.

The difference is Nak had zero losses and scorching hot momentum heading into SummerSlam. Not once in this "feud" did he truly get the upper hand on Mahal. Not to mention getting his legs (figuratively) cut out from under him by not even coming out to defend his honor after both racist promos by "the champ". We here in reality call that a burial. I'd say Orton was buried as well, but he's on the backside of his career and is essentially bulletproof.

This juiced-up racist jobber isn't even over in the one market he was given the title to exploit. Nobody in India likes him...at all. The title needed to come off of him yesterday. Not tomorrow, not Survivor Series....yesterday.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following was not written by me but I stand by them. No one can defend Jinder Mahal as champion anymore...no one.

1. Nakamura was white-hot when he first debuted on SmackDown. But WWE Creative has squandered that potential, and for what? To preserve a paper champion, who is clearly out of his depth (the entire match was a sloppy mess, from start to finish)?

It seems this angle will not end with Nakamura as champion. And thus, it should have never been booked to begin with.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Roman Reigns has never been Universal Champ. He held the title that Jinder Mahal is currently devaluing....three times. Not to mention there's 1, possibly 2 more PPV's before Muh Indian tour. Which poor sap are they going to bury this time? Most likely AJ Styles.

The difference is Nak had zero losses and scorching hot momentum heading into SummerSlam. Not once in this "feud" did he truly get the upper hand on Mahal. Not to mention getting his legs (figuratively) cut out from under him by not even coming out to defend his honor after both racist promos by "the champ". We here in reality call that a burial. I'd say Orton was buried as well, but he's on the backside of his career and is essentially bulletproof.

This juiced-up racist jobber isn't even over in the one market he was given the title to exploit. Nobody in India likes him...at all. The title needed to come off of him yesterday. Not tomorrow, not Survivor Series....yesterday.

Good catch on the world/universal title distinction. My point that the person the entire company is being built around hasn't held the title in forever still stands.
Nakamura's absolutely being protected in these losses. He had Mahal pinned with his finishing move at HITC but the ref was outside with the Singhs. The other losses all involved outside interference.
A wrestler needs to go on a journey to the title if you want them the title win to be important. If Nakamura or Bobby Roode can't absorb a loss they're not worth building around anyway.

I thought Jinders push was bad idea from the beginning but at this point he's just a placeholder.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called it! The next sacrifice at the alter of Muh India tour is rumoured to be...<drumroll>...AJ Styles. Farewell WM 34 dream match, so close yet so far away!