• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Kaepernick Ever Be as Disciplined as Wilson?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is true that Bowman called him out on it, but I think that enough has been written about how seriously Kaepernick approaches the game, his preparation, and his devotion to the team, that it is not a big deal. His team knows he's committed to the 49ers, if it was another qb, there might be more questions.

No big deal because he's started half a year and shown so much loyalty to the team that he is above reproach? Name one other "franchise" QB in the NFL that pulled a similar stunt.

Now, I don't think this calls into question his loyalty, just his judgement. One laps of judgement does not make a habit, but even the Hawks fans would have stopped bringing it up if the 9ers fans weren't always on here to take offense to it.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No big deal because he's started half a year and shown so much loyalty to the team that he is above reproach? Name one other "franchise" QB in the NFL that pulled a similar stunt.

Now, I don't think this calls into question his loyalty, just his judgement. One laps of judgement does not make a habit, but even the Hawks fans would have stopped bringing it up if the 9ers fans weren't always on here to take offense to it.

I don't particularly care in some respects, do I wish he had done it? No, but it was the Dolphins, not the Seahawks.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't particularly care in some respects, do I wish he had done it? No, but it was the Dolphins, not the Seahawks.
*Sends Kaep a pair of Seahawks underwear to wait for hilarity to ensue :hope:

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or that he lead his team to a superbowl. Glad you think a hat is what makes you a leader. High standards you have.

Trent Dilfer led his team to the superbowl and won, but it doesn't mean he was great, or a leader. I don't think a hat makes you a leader, but the choice to wear a hat from another NFL team shows poor decision making and the second tweet saying he didn't care what anyone thought about what he was wearing reinforced his poor decision making skills.

You should really learn more about other players before you start comparing them.

49ers' Kaepernick is an uplifting presence - 49ers - The Sacramento Bee

Kaepernick shuns spotlight to start offseason work | ProFootballTalk

Kaepernick prepares just as hard as Wilson.

Both articles refer to Kaep working out, which may physically prepare him, but how does working out prepare him for reading defense and knowing the playbook? RW shows up early to spend extra time studying film and his playbook as well as working out.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Dilfer led his team to the superbowl and won, but it doesn't mean he was great, or a leader. I don't think a hat makes you a leader, but the choice to wear a hat from another NFL team shows poor decision making and the second tweet saying he didn't care what anyone thought about what he was wearing reinforced his poor decision making skills.

Both articles refer to Kaep working out, which may physically prepare him, but how does working out prepare him for reading defense and knowing the playbook? RW shows up early to spend extra time studying film and his playbook as well as working out.

c'mon man, your making this out to big way too over blown. His reading defense and knowing the playbook are not in question over a hat. The hat comes down to three things.

1. New pressure/media attention that he never experienced as a backup, (mainly because no one cares until there needed or starter is playing like crap)

2. Hes a young man, He feels likes hes on top of the world and if this is the biggest mistake he makes as a 20-30 year old than my hat's off to him.

3. He felt like he was being attack and as a young man wanted to fight back. As he gets older he will learn and I'm sure he's not going to do this again. None of this has anything to do with a playbook or reading defense's it just means he doesn't have the off field presence of Wilson. Something he can learn form and grow as he gets older.

[YOUTUBE]ChpAt6H-BNs[/YOUTUBE]

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, Jim Trotter came out and watched camp and had these thoughts after talking to some of the players, it seems like Kaepernick is good in that area as well -- which is no surprise since he was recruited by Ivy League schools out of high school and had a very high wonderlic score.

Jim Trotter ‏@SI_JimTrotter 39m
one way to measure colin kaepernick's growth is by how he's now offering input on the design of plays instead of just running what's called.

Jim Trotter ‏@SI_JimTrotter 38m
says kyle williams of kaepernick: "His attention to detail now is crazy. ... (cont) "

Jim Trotter ‏@SI_JimTrotter 36m
more williams: "(the coaches) respect his input so much because they know he’s put in the work, so they're like, 'yeah, let’s do it.' "

Jim Trotter ‏@SI_JimTrotter 33m
kyle: "(Kaep's) input is almost rt up there w/ the coaches b/c of how much respect & credibility he's earned b/c of how hard he's worked."

Also in this article there's a quote from the center Jonathan Goodwin, who said that Kaep audibled 40% of the time in the playoff game against Atlanta and had them in the right call just about every time.

Kaepernick validates Harbaugh's risk with trip to Super Bowl - NFL - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy

Bottom line--- Kaepernick is just fine in that regard as well.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you niner fans feel the need to validate kaep on the Seahawk forum?
Over and over, I've said in many posts that kaep is a fine young QB, but whenever us Seahawk fans try to say something positive about RW in OUR forum, niner fans feel the need to say, well kaep is still better.
So, Seahawks reclaim the NFC West this year. Go Hawks.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you niner fans feel the need to validate kaep on the Seahawk forum?
Over and over, I've said in many posts that kaep is a fine young QB, but whenever us Seahawk fans try to say something positive about RW in OUR forum, niner fans feel the need to say, well kaep is still better.
So, Seahawks reclaim the NFC West this year. Go Hawks.

I agree that there are many people who do exactly what you've said, I've never been one of those people. I don't jump in when people are just praising RW at all for his work ethic, or film study, etc., but most times that's not the entire conversation -- - often Seahawk fans say RW is great in the film room, or something similar, then make some crack that his work ethic or film study is much better than Kaepernick's. And that's when I do come on to correct those misperceptions. I would think that as fans you would want to be as well informed as possible about other teams and players, particularly in your own division. And please note, the title of this thread, on a Seahawk board, is "Will Kaepernick ever be as disciplined as Wilson?", so it's not like we're jumping into some topic that has nothing to do with Kaepernick.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that there are many people who do exactly what you've said, I've never been one of those people...

Never been one of those people??? This is the start to at least the third time in this thread alone that you have defended Kaep on the Seahawks board.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been one of those people??? This is the start to at least the third time in this thread alone that you have defended Kaep on the Seahawks board.

Yes, after people were saying he didn't prepare as hard as Wilson on a thread that is entitled "Will Kaepernick Ever be as Disciplined as Wilson?". It's not like I'm jumping on the "Wilson is fabulous" thread that makes no mention of Kaepernick at all. If you're going to make statements about kaep's work ethic, expect to be called out if you're wrong. Unless you like the type of message board that is just an echo chamber where you can all repeat your misperceptions of other teams or other players.

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, after people were saying he didn't prepare as hard as Wilson on a thread that is entitled "Will Kaepernick Ever be as Disciplined as Wilson?". It's not like I'm jumping on the "Wilson is fabulous" thread that makes no mention of Kaepernick at all. If you're going to make statements about kaep's work ethic, expect to be called out if you're wrong. Unless you like the type of message board that is just an echo chamber where you can all repeat your misperceptions of other teams or other players.

Yeah just say some thing negative about Kaep and yossarian comes a running to defend his guy.:lol:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry dude, you guys can go back to your echo chamber, keep telling yourselves he doesn't work hard or isn't smart.

I agree.

He proved he was super smart when he posted this in response to Niners fans objecting to him wearing a Miami hat:

dolphins-hat-5.jpg

This the hat y'all mad at? I'm goin wear what I want regardless of what you think, all you need to worry about is the fact that I grind for my teammates and the 49ers! I plan on doin this until they won't let me in the building! #ridiculous #y'allmustbebored

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry dude, you guys can go back to your echo chamber, keep telling yourselves he doesn't work hard or isn't smart.

Make no difference to me if you want to defend Kaep on the Seahawk board. I just have noticed what a fanboy of his you are.

I'm kind of bored with the subject for now. Its all be hashed and rehashed. Now once the season starts we'll have something fresh on the matter.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

" you guys can go back to your echo chamber,"

Kinda of sounds like Breaker99 aka Super, claiming this board is run with a heavy hand. You always seemed to admire that troll. Of course it's total troll BullShit. We have got no problem with talking with 49ers fans or them disagreeing with us. We'll argue all night long with you.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" you guys can go back to your echo chamber,"

Kinda of sounds like Breaker99 aka Super, claiming this board is run with a heavy hand. You always seemed to admire that troll. Of course it's total troll BullShit. We have got no problem with talking with 49ers fans or them disagreeing with us. We'll argue all night long with you.

I don't admire trolls, look, you either want a debate or not. If you don't then that's fine, if you do, then don't attack me when I put up cites to rebut the opinions of some posters that Kaepernick doesn't work hard, can't read defenses etc.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah just say some thing negative about Kaep and yossarian comes a running to defend his guy.:lol:

Yoss tries to say he isn't sensitive or defensive about his boys. :laugh3:
He's part of the suhsbuttbuddy and dre21 love triangle.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Yo, answer these questions. I'll even answer them first, giving you a chance to respond.

1. Is it opinion or fact the Kaep is a 'better athlete' than Wilson?
2. Is it opinion or fact the Wilson 'prepares better for his next opponent' than Kaep?
3. Is it opinion or fact that Wilson is shorter than Kaep?
4. Is it opinion or fact the one of these two works harder in 'physical training' than the other.
5. Is it opinion or fact that Wilson 'reads defenses' better than Kaep?
6. Is it opinion or fact that one of these two is the better QB right now?
7. Is it opinion or fact that one of these two will clearly be determined better than the other once both of their careers are over?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't admire trolls, look, you either want a debate or not. If you don't then that's fine, if you do, then don't attack me when I put up cites to rebut the opinions of some posters that Kaepernick doesn't work hard, can't read defenses etc.

This thread has 77 posts, 78 with this one. Don't imply we want a closed garden here. Do that and I will call you out. I've never attacked you for defending Kaep...only for making snide remarks about this board and the Seahawks fans on it.