• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Kaepernick Ever Be as Disciplined as Wilson?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chill your temper princess

I've never seen someone whine so much about trash talking. This is football. If you're not thick skinned enough to watch a sport where grown men trash talk each other maybe you need to find a different sport to follow

Trash taking is fine with me, as long as you're outperforming your opponent. To trash talk just as a tool to get in someone's head is toolish.

Lets be honest here, if Sherman were a 49er you'd hate him, so stop being so melodramatic, ma'am.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trash taking is fine with me, as long as you're outperforming your opponent. To trash talk just as a tool to get in someone's head is toolish.

Lets be honest here, if Sherman were a 49er you'd hate him, so stop being so melodramatic, ma'am.

Lol so what you want is pg trash talking...

Have you ever watched Reggie Miller, Gary Payton, Warren Sapp, Cris Carter play the game? That was their whole point of trash talking...to get in the other person's head

Like I said...if that's the kind of trash talking you can't stand...then you are watching the wrong sport.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Skip but that was the one time I agreed with him. Sherman tries to talk himself into being the best when I don't think he is. I still have Cromartie ahead of him.

Shit talking is ok with me when it's a rival and you shut someone down and they are worthy of it. If you shit talk everyone then it's just annoying. Stfu and play the game. Do your job and let that do the talking.

Let's be honest.... He talks shit to certain people, not everyone. It just get blown out of proportion like anything else, and people who dont watch him every week fail to realize that first he's a great player and teammate, then a great trash talker.

It's too bad that his talk overshadows his play, but it's only really bad for the ignorant, the knowledgable know what's up. What would we think of 23 year old Lawrence Taylor, Deacon Jones or even Deion Sanders with a twitter account...... You think we would like to nitpick everything they say or every mistake they made on the field? If he wasn't on your team fuck yeah you would.

Instead of just focusing on one or two "negative" things out of the millions of comments that someone makes, just enjoy the game because you might miss a good football player.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol so what you want is pg trash talking...

Have you ever watched Reggie Miller, Gary Payton, Warren Sapp, Cris Carter play the game? That was their whole point of trash talking...to get in the other person's head

Like I said...if that's the kind of trash talking you can't stand...then you are watching the wrong sport.

You're not understanding me. I prefer that a player show his greatness on the field and not resort to sophomoric trash talking. If he does it without running his mouth, just to irritate someone, then it comes across as being based off talent and not psyche.

He's a talented player and I won't deny that. I'd just prefer that he let his play shut receivers up, instead of using mind games to try and get the opponent out of their game.

If I see a player use mind games, Deion could talk trash all day and I loved it. The reason being, he was the best to ever play corner as far as cover corners are concerned.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is. He is a very good player but he acts as if he's Deion Sanders and he's not close to that.

LOL, I love how time romanticizes things. After Sanders second year did you consider him a great player? I bet he did.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I love how time romanticizes things. After Sanders second year did you consider him a great player? I bet he did.

I consider him the best ever. I'm sure he does as well.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that is Roddy White should've shut him up but instead he kept flapping his gums. I don't care if he shut him down all game long, if you get beat them own it and close your trap.

Your "Stanford grad" in communications needs to learn how to shut his fucking mouth.

I suggest you do the same.

One play and people act like White owned him all day. Watch the game, not the drama.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider him the best ever. I'm sure he does as well.

sp_1411_clip02.jpg

You missed the point.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One play and people act like White owned him all day. Watch the game, not the drama.

If you read my posts you'd see that I said Sherman basically owned him all game. He made one mistake and paid for it.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sp_1411_clip02.jpg

You missed the point.

I didn't miss the point. I don't consider Sherman great at this point. He has potential but longevity matters.

Oh and lets not completely gloss over his overturned suspension because of technicality. We see how Braun was an honest individual.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Sherman was dirty for something major like roids, his test results were taken before the season weren't they? And you'd have to be stupid to think he was taking anything after that so whatever he was really doing was long gone from his system by the time the season was underway. People forget how long it takes for these things to be made public and to be wrapped up and act like he was on it all the way up to where it came out.

Sherman is a great corner right now and it's silly to me to discuss who is the best in the league. He does what he is paid to do and does it well. That's what matters.

You want to be a hater? Go right ahead.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Sherman was dirty for something major like roids, his test results were taken before the season weren't they? And you'd have to be stupid to think he was taking anything after that so whatever he was really doing was long gone from his system by the time the season was underway. People forget how long it takes for these things to be made public and to be wrapped up and act like he was on it all the way up to where it came out.

Sherman is a great corner right now and it's silly to me to discuss who is the best in the league. He does what he is paid to do and does it well. That's what matters.

You want to be a hater? Go right ahead.

Do you expect anything else? It should be a compliment that I hate the Seahawks and their fans. It means you're relevant and are something to hate.

I respect the Hags but I certainly don't like one damn player on that team.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't miss the point. I don't consider Sherman great at this point. He has potential but longevity matters.

Oh and lets not completely gloss over his overturned suspension because of technicality. We see how Braun was an honest individual.

Of course longevity matters. But do you think that Sanders didn't think he was a great player until after his HOF career was in place? Why do we need to wait a certain amount of time to say that someone is a great player? It's not the same as saying that he's had a great career. I realized that Patrick Willis was a great LB his rookie year, I didn't need a bunch of hindsight to make such an obvious call. He's working on a great career, but he's always been a great player.

And yes, since Braun and Sherman have one thing in common, they must be exactly the same in every way and their careers will go the same route. Keep your fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course longevity matters. But do you think that Sanders didn't think he was a great player until after his HOF career was in place? Why do we need to wait a certain amount of time to say that someone is a great player? It's not the same as saying that he's had a great career. I realized that Patrick Willis was a great LB his rookie year, I didn't need a bunch of hindsight to make such an obvious call.

And yes, since Braun and Sherman have one thing in common, they must be exactly the same in every way and their careers will go the same route. Keep your fingers crossed.

You're taking things out of context. I didn't say that. It was an analogy, not a reference to known quantities.

I give Sherman his do, I just don't like trash talk on every play...or almost every play.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders was over-rated in the fact that he was a truely great cover corner but a complete pussy who couldn't or wouldn't tackle anyone.

He was one of the all time best at doing what CBs are supposed to do: cover. But he was horrible at the other aspects of the game. Give me Rod Woodson, Darrel Green, Mel Blount, or Dick Lane over Sanders.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders was over-rated in the fact that he was a truely great cover corner but a complete pussy who couldn't or wouldn't tackle anyone.

He was one of the all time best at doing what CBs are supposed to do: cover. But he was horrible at the other aspects of the game. Give me Rod Woodson, Darrel Green, Mel Blount, or Dick Lane over Sanders.

That's why I said best cover corner.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that he is not top 20 all time in interceptions or passes defensed.

And don't try to use the "they never threw to his side of the field" crap either. You could try to use that debateable arguement that for maybe a couple of years of his career but not for more than that.

The fact is that Deion was a great CB. One of the all-time greatest. But certainly not THE all-time greatest. Maybe top-5, but certainly no higher than that.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that he is not top 20 all time in interceptions or passes defensed.

And don't try to use the "they never threw to his side of the field" crap either. You could try to use that debateable arguement that for maybe a couple of years of his career but not for more than that.

The fact is that Deion was a great CB. One of the all-time greatest. But certainly not THE all-time greatest. Maybe top-5, but certainly no higher than that.

Niners fans had the pleasure of seeing Deion up close in his prime in a Niners jersey and to call "they never threw to his side of the field" crap is frankly ignorant because it is absolutely TRUE! He truly shut down an entire side of the field with the passing game. Eric Davis got a ton better because he got thrown at A LOT! Also, as bad as Deion was at tackling, he was the best ever once he did catch the INT. He was a pick-6 threat every time you decided to throw his way.

You may not agree with the "Greatest CB Ever" title, but you cannot dispute how dominant he truly was. He was the best cover corner I have ever seen, and it isn't even close. Maybe you feel differently but ultimately I don't feel you can dispute that QBs avoided throwing in his direction if they could.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may not agree with the "Greatest CB Ever" title, but you cannot dispute how dominant he truly was.

Obviously you are more of a fan of Deion because he played on a SB winning team in SF in 1994 and therefore are biased. But part of the reason he was so popular was because he was outspoken and certainly like to talk.

Sherman talked last year to gain name recognition and it worked. He has been much quieter to start this season off and I expect it to stay that way.

Just for comparision purposes, lets compare some stats (even though the NFL didn't keep many stats for CBs when Deion played).

Deion Sanders
1989: 5 INTs
1990: 3 INTs and 2 TD

Richard Sherman
2011: 4 INTs
2012: 8 INTs and 1 TD

Fairly equal, so when Sherman is in his prime, we'll see how they match up then. Also, for a 5th round pick to even be mentioned in the same sentence as a first round pick and hall of famer is pretty damn good.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only ones who compared him to Deion were Seahawks fans.