• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Kaepernick Ever Be as Disciplined as Wilson?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was the first year I watched the NFL in a long time, and really looking forward to this season.

I'm betting that if Kaepernick gets a little more disciplined,he might be as good as Wilson on the field this season. It would be something to see!

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was the first year I watched the NFL in a long time, and really looking forward to this season.

I'm betting that if Kaepernick gets a little more disciplined,he might be as good as Wilson on the field this season. It would be something to see!

I prefer Kaep the player over Wilson but I like Wilson's approach to the game and the fact that he is articulate when speaking. All in all, I think they will both be good players for a long time.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Kaepernicks personality, but there is no denying he had a great break out season, even if it was just a partial season.

Not sure exactly what you mean about discipline as it can describe several aspects of a player, but Roethlisberger would be an example of a not that disciplined QB who has a ring and there are others out there. There have been many hard working QB's who either never won a SB or didn't win nearly as many as their reputation should have lead you to believe was possible. Manning should have won more than one given his work ethic and how long did it take Elway to finally get one?

Both of these QB's have very strong teams around them and have shown the skills in their first seasons to run their offense effectively. Each has strengths over the other and both have very different personalities. Only time will tell which will have the better career.

I wouldn't expect to see Kaepernick change much over the course of his career in the ways I believe you are suggesting. Cutler hasn't changed much, big ben has mellowed a bit, but was also his rebel self. This guy is who he is and has done pretty well for himself doing things his way. Changing it could take that edge away just like expecting Sherman to shit his trap and stop being so publicly cocky could take his edge away too.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Kaepernicks personality, but there is no denying he had a great break out season, even if it was just a partial season.

Not sure exactly what you mean about discipline as it can describe several aspects of a player, but Roethlisberger would be an example of a not that disciplined QB who has a ring and there are others out there. There have been many hard working QB's who either never won a SB or didn't win nearly as many as their reputation should have lead you to believe was possible. Manning should have won more than one given his work ethic and how long did it take Elway to finally get one?

Both of these QB's have very strong teams around them and have shown the skills in their first seasons to run their offense effectively. Each has strengths over the other and both have very different personalities. Only time will tell which will have the better career.

I wouldn't expect to see Kaepernick change much over the course of his career in the ways I believe you are suggesting. Cutler hasn't changed much, big ben has mellowed a bit, but was also his rebel self. This guy is who he is and has done pretty well for himself doing things his way. Changing it could take that edge away just like expecting Sherman to shit his trap and stop being so publicly cocky could take his edge away too.

I wish Sherman would stfu. He's a talented player but maybe you're right, his brazen cockiness gives him the edge that makes him as good as he is.

Still, I fucking hate the guy.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Sherman would stfu. He's a talented player but maybe you're right, his brazen cockiness gives him the edge that makes him as good as he is.

Still, I fucking hate the guy.

I can't wait for the day he becomes DeAngelo Hall. Eventually your talent erodes and all you are left with is burn marks from where you were torched by opposing WR. Great player, would respect him so much more if he shut his pie hole. I don't mind occasional trash talk, but he is non-stop with it and that just irritates.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for the day he becomes DeAngelo Hall. Eventually your talent erodes and all you are left with is burn marks from where you were torched by opposing WR. Great player, would respect him so much more if he shut his pie hole. I don't mind occasional trash talk, but he is non-stop with it and that just irritates.

Exactly. He's going to piss off the wrong guy and get his ass kicked. I can't wait to see it happen.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hall was never as good as Sherman is now. He always thought he was though.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall was never as good as Sherman is now. He always thought he was though.

Sherman isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is. He is a very good player but he acts as if he's Deion Sanders and he's not close to that.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Sherman talking shit. And calling out skip bayless was awesome.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Sherman talking shit. And calling out skip bayless was awesome.

I hate Skip but that was the one time I agreed with him. Sherman tries to talk himself into being the best when I don't think he is. I still have Cromartie ahead of him.

Shit talking is ok with me when it's a rival and you shut someone down and they are worthy of it. If you shit talk everyone then it's just annoying. Stfu and play the game. Do your job and let that do the talking.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the essence of a player's personality will ever change. They may mature and learn to tone it down, but their true nature will always remain with them no matter how long they've been in the league.

Kaep will always be more physically gifted than Russell is. He's faster, taller, and has a stronger rifle arm (although Russell's rifle arm is not to be messed with either).

Russell in my opinion will always be the better leader. He's a true student of the game. He will always work harder to constantly improve himself.

Both will be incredible players for years to come...but me personally I've always been a fan of the humble hard worker over the talented flashy player.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not as good as he thinks he is. But skip didn't really back anything up and I think Sherman calling him on it was fun to watch. I don't remember if skip said anything personal to talk about how he was better at life than him, but he does do things that would justify it fairly often, so I think he had something coming.

I do remember skip saying he didn't know who he was. You're trying to pass yourself as a sports analyst and you don't know who an up-and-coming corner is? That was probably worth calling him out alone.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the essence of a player's personality will ever change. They may mature and learn to tone it down, but their true nature will always remain with them no matter how long they've been in the league.

Kaep will always be more physically gifted than Russell is. He's faster, taller, and has a stronger rifle arm (although Russell's rifle arm is not to be messed with either).

Russell in my opinion will always be the better leader. He's a true student of the game. He will always work harder to constantly improve himself.

Both will be incredible players for years to come...but me personally I've always been a fan of the humble hard worker over the talented flashy player.

You do know that kaep is still the hardest worker on the team right? That he is always the first player out at camp, and he was last year even before he was starting.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not as good as he thinks he is. But skip didn't really back anything up and I think Sherman calling him on it was fun to watch. I don't remember if skip said anything personal to talk about how he was better at life than him, but he does do things that would justify it fairly often, so I think he had something coming.

I do remember skip saying he didn't know who he was. You're trying to pass yourself as a sports analyst and you don't know who an up-and-coming corner is? That was probably worth calling him out alone.

Dude, Skip is a troll and paid to be such. If he and Screamin A, agreed on everything that show wouldn't get ratings. I can't stand either one of them.

They must be doing their jobs well.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Skip but that was the one time I agreed with him. Sherman tries to talk himself into being the best when I don't think he is. I still have Cromartie ahead of him.

Shit talking is ok with me when it's a rival and you shut someone down and they are worthy of it. If you shit talk everyone then it's just annoying. Stfu and play the game. Do your job and let that do the talking.

Guys like Cris Carter, Gary Payton, etc trash talked their opponents any play they could. Didn't matter who you were...if you were an all star...all pro...or a bench player.

That's the point of trash talking...it's to annoy the opposing team...and the opposing fan base

You remember when people used to be annoyed by the Miami Hurricanes always dancing and flaunting after they scored a td...this is what they had to say about it "if you want us to stop dancing...then keep us out of the end zone"

Well...same with Sherman...if you want to shut him up...let us see Boldin beat him on a go route...and you can silence him for a play or two...otherwise maybe you need to stfu

Go hawks

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit. But if he's going to say that to me, I'm thinking about calling him out.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman may be a blow hard, but he does it back up on the field and his teammates all support him both on and off the field which says a lot. Off the field he is a community leader involved in all sorts of charitable endeavors and if you never saw his SB coverage you are missing his sense of humor as well.

Why does any of that matter? Unlike T.O. or some of the other asshats who talk more than they should, Sherman doesn't even take himself seriously. Does it make it worse that its for show and not really who he is? Well, that's up to each of you to decide for yourself.

For those who haven't seen it, here is his Bleacher Report interviews from the SB
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi_ly7HTSzk]NFL STAR RICHARD SHERMAN 'PUNKS' FANS ON BOURBON STREET - YouTube[/ame]

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys like Cris Carter, Gary Payton, etc trash talked their opponents any play they could. Didn't matter who you were...if you were an all star...all pro...or a bench player.

That's the point of trash talking...it's to annoy the opposing team...and the opposing fan base

You remember when people used to be annoyed by the Miami Hurricanes always dancing and flaunting after they scored a td...this is what they had to say about it "if you want us to stop dancing...then keep us out of the end zone"

Well...same with Sherman...if you want to shut him up...let us see Boldin beat him on a go route...and you can silence him for a play or two...otherwise maybe you need to stfu

Go hawks

The problem with that is Roddy White should've shut him up but instead he kept flapping his gums. I don't care if he shut him down all game long, if you get beat them own it and close your trap.

Your "Stanford grad" in communications needs to learn how to shut his fucking mouth.

I suggest you do the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that is Roddy White should've shut him up but instead he kept flapping his gums. I don't care if he shut him down all game long, if you get beat them own it and close your trap.

Your "Stanford grad" in communications needs to learn how to shut his fucking mouth.

I suggest you do the same.

Chill your temper princess

I've never seen someone whine so much about trash talking. This is football. If you're not thick skinned enough to watch a sport where grown men trash talk each other maybe you need to find a different sport to follow