• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Dak Throw His Last Pick For Dallas in 2024?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what other team would be desperate enough to trade for him?

I don't know what team would trade for him right now, as most teams have settled their QB position or are drafting one, but if Dak has another solid season next year, I could see him having some decent trade value. Maybe even as high as a 2nd round pick (although I think that would be a stretch).

The problem with Dak and a trade will be determining what he will take in a contract extension. I think Russell Wilson's situation may make people a little more gun shy of dishing out multiple draft picks and signing a large contract for a guy in his 30's in the NFL.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what team would trade for him right now, as most teams have settled their QB position or are drafting one, but if Dak has another solid season next year, I could see him having some decent trade value. Maybe even as high as a 2nd round pick (although I think that would be a stretch).

The problem with Dak and a trade will be determining what he will take in a contract extension. I think Russell Wilson's situation may make people a little more gun shy of dishing out multiple draft picks and signing a large contract for a guy in his 30's in the NFL.
I bet 2024 is his last year in Dallas anyway.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet 2024 is his last year in Dallas anyway.

Yeah, I think the approach Dallas is taking right now is telling Dak, "It's SB or we're moving on from you".

Jerry can surprise you though. I thought when they kept franchise tagging him that they were just setting up the table to get someone else, and then Jerry signs him to a massive extension. So maybe Jerry is just doing that again in hopes he can motivate Dak to prove himself even more. :noidea:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are delusional if you believe Dak wont get paid.

He is gonna get paid. Whether by the Cowboys or someone else is the only real question.
I personally believe the Cowboys pay him.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jerry's strategy has been to drag out Dak's contracts as a means to keep him motivated, well, I am not sure about that strategy.

Dak's played well overall, but it has cost Dallas dearly to wait until the last minute to sign him instead of locking him up sooner.

I think Dak may be the next Kirk Cousins, stringing out his original team before becoming a free agent and cashing in with another.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is gonna get paid. Whether by the Cowboys or someone else is the only real question.
I’m leaning more towards a Cousins/Vikings type situation with Dak. I think someone will definitely pay him, but it just doesn't make sense for Dallas to break the bank on him. He needs a lot of help for Dallas to be successful and paying him top dollar just chews up too much of the salary cap to build that team around him in my opinion.

Being the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys is amazing, and I think Dak would be wise to give them a home town discount at this point in his career. Pull a Tom Brady, and see if Jerry can't move the chess pieces around with the extra money to create a team that can make a legit SB run.

If Dak insists on a big payday, I could see him leaving/being traded to another team and getting it like Cousins just got it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. Did anyone say Dak won't get paid?