• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Kaepernick Ever Be as Disciplined as Wilson?

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you want a comparison between Kaep and RWilson, you have to look
no further than N.Y.

Kaep is like ARod and RWilson is like Derek Jeter.

Kaep wants the spotlight with his naked magazine shots, prancing the beach with a Fish hat and his shorts falling off like a 15 yo from the hood and sun glasses indoors at the ESPY's. :wtf2:

RWilson exudes class like a Jeter. Wants the low profile and is a perfect face to our franchise. Kaep
may grow up but at this time... not. It doesn't take anything away from Kaep's skill as a QB and I had
him rated high in the 2011 draft. He's still young and what would you expect from a kid thrust into the
spotlight? That's what most would expect.

Fortunately, RWilson isn't like that and when he hoists the Lombardi, RWilson will be the same guy...

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread has 77 posts, 78 with this one. Don't imply we want a closed garden here. Do that and I will call you out. I've never attacked you for defending Kaep...only for making snide remarks about this board and the Seahawks fans on it.

I only say it's a closed garden when I get slammed for contradicting some perceptions of Kaepernick. And I don't make snide remarks about the board or fans, only those people who make uninformed comments or don't seem to like it when it's pointed out that they are uninformed. And you Ospreys -- way to go with more of the gay jokes! Well done.

As for the opinion v. fact --- I'll bite, I think all those questions are debatable about the category, but usually even opinions are based on facts. So if you say that RW > Kaep in some category, usually there are facts you use to back it up. Like "I think Wilson is better" because "he works harder than Kaepernick". The "better" section might be an opinion but it's supposedly backed up by a factual claim. It's not "Wilson is better because I'm a Seahawks fan and I support my guy no matter what." You want to say Wilson is better, fine, you want to say Wilson will be judged a better qb at the end of their respective careers, fine, but saying that he's better because he works harder is just wrong.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Opinion

Hey Yo, answer these questions. I'll even answer them first, giving you a chance to respond.

1. Is it opinion or fact the Kaep is a 'better athlete' than Wilson?
2. Is it opinion or fact the Wilson 'prepares better for his next opponent' than Kaep?
3. Is it opinion or fact that Wilson is shorter than Kaep?
4. Is it opinion or fact the one of these two works harder in 'physical training' than the other.
5. Is it opinion or fact that Wilson 'reads defenses' better than Kaep?
6. Is it opinion or fact that one of these two is the better QB right now?
7. Is it opinion or fact that one of these two will clearly be determined better than the other once both of their careers are over?

1. Opinion, in my opinion, Kaep is probably considered the 'better athlete' due to size, body type, slight speed edge, and overall arm strength. Accuracy, is that an athletic ability? That said, IMO, RW is more accurate and has better touch. Joe Montana less of an athlete than Michael Vick. Tim Duncan less of an athlete than Shawn Kemp. I'd take Montana and Duncan over Vick and Kemp any day.

2. Opinion, IMO, Wilson is probably more prepared, does more preparation, for the next opponent. Wilson studies film, prints out reports for his offensive players of the next opponent. Not that others don't, it has just been mentioned that RW is in the football mindset 'most' of the time.

3. Fact, moving on.

4. Opinion, because of Kaeps physical stature, it may appear that one, kaep, works harder training, than the other, Wilson. Opinion.

5. Opinion, but it is pretty clear how much Wilson prepares and studies, and also helps his teammates prepare, opinion, but I think this is clear. Some want to mention that Wilson started 16 games and kaep only started 8. Or, Wilson was a rookie will little training camp practice time and kaep has been in the league two years. Opinion on what is more important or less important.

6. Opinion. We know what each supporter will say, move on, Opinion.

7. Opinion. Again, we really have no idea.

Bottom line, I am extremely happy that the Seahawks have Russell Wilson.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Opinion, in my opinion, Kaep is probably considered the 'better athlete' due to size, body type, slight speed edge, and overall arm strength. Accuracy, is that an athletic ability? That said, IMO, RW is more accurate and has better touch. Joe Montana less of an athlete than Michael Vick. Tim Duncan less of an athlete than Shawn Kemp. I'd take Montana and Duncan over Vick and Kemp any day.

2. Opinion, IMO, Wilson is probably more prepared, does more preparation, for the next opponent. Wilson studies film, prints out reports for his offensive players of the next opponent. Not that others don't, it has just been mentioned that RW is in the football mindset 'most' of the time.

3. Fact, moving on.

4. Opinion, because of Kaeps physical stature, it may appear that one, kaep, works harder training, than the other, Wilson. Opinion.

5. Opinion, but it is pretty clear how much Wilson prepares and studies, and also helps his teammates prepare, opinion, but I think this is clear. Some want to mention that Wilson started 16 games and kaep only started 8. Or, Wilson was a rookie will little training camp practice time and kaep has been in the league two years. Opinion on what is more important or less important.

6. Opinion. We know what each supporter will say, move on, Opinion.

7. Opinion. Again, we really have no idea.

Bottom line, I am extremely happy that the Seahawks have Russell Wilson.

And you should be, there's no doubt that Wilson is extremely prepared, extremely hard working, dedicated, and a great leader. He's accurate, nimble, and very smart. I would be happy if the 49ers had Wilson too. I just think when people are implying that Kaepernick doesn't work as hard as Wilson, isn't as smart, doesn't read defenses as well is just false. Saying Wilson is really good in those areas doesn't require saying that Kaepernick is not.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo.....I bet you listen to Seattle Sports Radio, and just cringe. Softy probably pisses you off so bad.
You mention that saying Wilson is better than kaep is just 'false'. Why does it have to be false.
Isn't is possible that RW is more prepared?

You just can't seem to say that RW might actually be better than kaep in some areas.
Yes, you did mention that RW is extremely......this and that, which was nice, but can't RW actually be better than kaep in something? THAT is what bothers me.
I'm not saying kaep can't read a defense, IMO RW does it better.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only say it's a closed garden when I get slammed for contradicting some perceptions of Kaepernick. And I don't make snide remarks about the board or fans, only those people who make uninformed comments or don't seem to like it when it's pointed out that they are uninformed. And you Ospreys -- way to go with more of the gay jokes! Well done.

As for the opinion v. fact --- I'll bite, I think all those questions are debatable about the category, but usually even opinions are based on facts. So if you say that RW > Kaep in some category, usually there are facts you use to back it up. Like "I think Wilson is better" because "he works harder than Kaepernick". The "better" section might be an opinion but it's supposedly backed up by a factual claim. It's not "Wilson is better because I'm a Seahawks fan and I support my guy no matter what." You want to say Wilson is better, fine, you want to say Wilson will be judged a better qb at the end of their respective careers, fine, but saying that he's better because he works harder is just wrong.

You say that it's a closed garden because your getting slammed for defending Kaep?

Time for you to put on your big boy pants and realize this is what happens when you post on your rival board defending your guy or your team. If it's stings, well best not to post in the first place, stay on the 49er board where your views will draw cheers rather then jeers.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that it's a closed garden because your getting slammed for defending Kaep?

Time for you to put on your big boy pants and realize this is what happens when you post on your rival board defending your guy or your team. If it's stings, well best not to post in the first place, stay on the 49er board where your views will draw cheers rather then jeers.

I don't mind having arguments at all, but getting slammed not on the facts, but just because I'm defending him is very amusing.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo.....I bet you listen to Seattle Sports Radio, and just cringe. Softy probably pisses you off so bad.
You mention that saying Wilson is better than kaep is just 'false'. Why does it have to be false.
Isn't is possible that RW is more prepared?

You just can't seem to say that RW might actually be better than kaep in some areas.
Yes, you did mention that RW is extremely......this and that, which was nice, but can't RW actually be better than kaep in something? THAT is what bothers me.
I'm not saying kaep can't read a defense, IMO RW does it better.

Oh, man Softy is hilarious, but the thing about Softy is that he admits that he is a fan and a lot of his opinions are based on emotion, he's upfront about that. I never said that it's just false that Wilson is better, I personally think it's too early to tell either way. i do think it's false that he's more prepared, because most of the time the people saying that aren't aware about how hard Kaep works. And I do think that Wilson is more accurate than Kaepernick and has a better touch on his throws, and I also think that Wilson gets less flustered sometimes. I think those things CAN change, not that they will, but I do say there's some areas that he is better.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind having arguments at all, but getting slammed not on the facts, but just because I'm defending him is very amusing.

Mmmm you didn't sound amused earlier, in fact it sounded like you were whining. As for facts, show me where you ever posted facts, rather then IMO (other then 49er team success).

I'm sure you'll have no problem doing that!:lol:

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm you didn't sound amused earlier, in fact it sounded like you were whining. As for facts, show me where you ever posted facts, rather then IMO (other then 49er team success).

I'm sure you'll have no problem doing that!:lol:

No, I just pointed out that I was getting attacked, as for facts, usually I go back and post links where there are stories about Kaepernick's work ethic, when he comes into work, quotes from his teammates about his involvement in the game plan this year, or the center's comments that he audibled 40% of the time against Atlanta in the playoffs and was in the right call just about every time. I'm not going to repost every link I've done.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, I'm moving on.
See ya in the next thread.
Go Hawks

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's asking for trouble to talk about another team's players like we know them as well as we know our own players. You can't get upset at Niner fans for trying to defend Kaepernick when we all know we'd try to defend Wilson in the same situation. Why don't we stick to talking about our own players for a while, because it seems like any time we talk about another team's player, it turns into a flame war.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyhoo, apart from the distaste by Niners fans about this question, I am genuinely interested in seeing what happens this year.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wonder if Kaepernick would live up to his hype if he were more disciplined like Wilson.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we down on RW? I think NOT. Are 9er fans questioning DunceKaep? They were a week ago, now, they are back on the HURRAY wagon. Go figure. Kaep is not great, exposed by D-Cord.

Bring it whiners. You are on our forum. Yo?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after watching kaep the rest of the season, i think he will probably equal or surpass wilson in the long run. it just takes some guys longer to mature between the ears.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i cant agree with you cezero, kraperdick is a one read and run QB with very little actual QB skills. once his OL starts to deteriorate and he cant run anymore the guy is gonna be a second rate starter.

Wilson is a real QB, given the OL and the WRs that kraperdick has and he would be looking at winning his second SB two weeks from now.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, he sucks. He's got a football IQ of like 20 and he's not going to be able to overcome it.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3