• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which QB will make a vast improvement

Which QB will make a vast improvement.

• Total voters

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I ripped this topic off the 49er board ( apologizes to Toby Tyler) but I like the topic and figured they won't mind.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson and Locker. I know they look like total homer picks and maybe they are, but I think the titans are going to run some read option looks and will adjust the offense to better suit their players and Wilson will have more pieces and a full year under the system.
Kaepernick could make some steps, but the bar was too high for him as it was and being the SB returning team will leave huge marks on his head.
RGIII is damaged goods and plays on the worst field in the pros to run on. Not a good combination.
Cutler? I don't see it.
I was never impressed with Newton to begin with.
Must of the rest don't have the pieces around them to make big strides.

I still believe the biggest gains are from year 1 to year 2 given that they have a full off season and should more or less be up to the speed of the pro game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Wilson will look like a total homer pick, but with a full camp as starter, being able to work with his receivers ( last year most of the starting receivers miss preseason or big part of it) and then you add new weapons (Harvin) and hopefully with better health of the OL= big strides.

Now Kaep supporters can make some of the same arguments minus the added weapons.

I could see Bradford having a good year, his team has gotten better, Better OL and better weapons.

I could see Locker making strides, but I think the argument for Wilson trumps all!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow they let you vote twice?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I like about this poll, you can look and see who voted for who.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow they let you vote twice?

Yeah, you can check as many boxes as you like before you hit submit. Didn't think it was cheating as the question seemed to ask for any who would take a substantial step forward and both of them seemed like viable choices to me.

It pays to try to check more than one box in life before you commit to anything. :-P

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, I wise man!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey for you that vote, submit a reason for your vote. Makes for a more interesting poll.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a 49er fan has voted (Jayviabay) he should of given us his thoughts of why Kaep?

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep will be the most improved.

With an offseason of working with the young wide outs, who now look to fight for the starting job, will pay dividends. Boldin is an added weapon who can help the young receivers progress. If the rookie TE lives up to the hype, then you have to add him to the weapons list as well. I think we will see Kaeps awareness dramatically improve along with his decision making.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep will be the most improved.

With an offseason of working with the young wide outs, who now look to fight for the starting job, will pay dividends. Boldin is an added weapon who can help the young receivers progress. If the rookie TE lives up to the hype, then you have to add him to the weapons list as well. I think we will see Kaeps awareness dramatically improve along with his decision making.

I've seen several SF fans suggest Kaepernick has more potential upside this year than Wilson, but I have yet to hear a good reason for it. They simply say we will see how well Wilson does when defenses prepare for him which of course also goes for Kaepernick as well.

My take on Wilson > Kaep is Wilson's stats include the first half of the season where he wasn't allowed to play full open throttle so his overall stats have room to improve even if he stays exactly who he was over the second half. Kaep was allowed to take full control from his first snap. Both have a good offense around them and both have options besides the passing game to balance them.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen several SF fans suggest Kaepernick has more potential upside this year than Wilson, but I have yet to hear a good reason for it. They simply say we will see how well Wilson does when defenses prepare for him which of course also goes for Kaepernick as well.

My take on Wilson > Kaep is Wilson's stats include the first half of the season where he wasn't allowed to play full open throttle so his overall stats have room to improve even if he stays exactly who he was over the second half. Kaep was allowed to take full control from his first snap. Both have a good offense around them and both have options besides the passing game to balance them.

I dont by the whole, "wait until defenses prepare for them" crap. With kaep and wilson, you just have to stay on your toes and dont try to gamble on assumption.

Kaep didnt start week 1 and the whole team had to make adjustments on the fly. The Oline was use to the tendencies of Smith, along with the WRs. The offense was game planned around the strengths of Smith which tells us that Kaep was limited during his first snaps.
Wilson has already displayed the ability to throw the "right" type of pass. Last year kaep seemed to throw nothing but bullets with no adjustments on passes that needed a little touch. If Kaep corrects this wrinkle, it could be the deal breaker

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But jayviabay you don't account for the lost of your #1 wide receiver. Surely you don't think the young guys will come close to making up for losing Kaep favorite receiver do you?

Wilson on the other hand has lose none of his receivers (oops they did lose a back up Tight end but so did the 49ers) and the Seahawks added Percy Harvin.

Come on now take off those rose tinted glass and admit it ....Wilson should make bigger gains this up coming season!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I know you'll say Boldin = Crabtree but do you believe it? Just who is going to be the "other" WR, Jenkins?

Wilson in a landslide.

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson, by a nose or two,
Both of these boys did so damn well to begin with, how could they improve remarkably to begin with?

Harvin & Lynch et al. Or Crabtreeless SF O... No brainer.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for Ryan Tannehill. He played pretty well last season and I'd expect a lot of growth in year 2. I have to ask why Cutler's old ass is in the discussion though. He's peaked!! He's due for a mid life crisis.

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
josh freeman.....book it

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with Wilson on this one (and yes I voted before realizing I could have had more than one vote) and it really doesn't have much to do with added weapons or anything like that. This kid has a drive to succeed that is just flat out amazing, and his work ethic may be the best I have ever seen. He's calm under pressure and doesn't make many mistakes. The only issue I see with whether he make huge strides this season is that he played at such a high level last season.