• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's your mindset with a top of the heap team?

What do you do with a top team?

• Don't mess with what's not broken.

• Keep making moves before the rest of the league catches up!

Results are only viewable after voting.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm asking because my teams in both of my leagues are in 1st place and are #1 & #3 in points scored and I find myself scouring the WW looking to see who I should pick up but then I also wonder if messing with my roster at this point is actual a recipe for potencial disaster.
Keep in mind that the vast majority of teams I've won championships with over the years have almost never been Powerhouse teams but rather mid to slightly upper tier teams that hung around and went into the playoffs as anything but #1 seeds. I think only once in over 20 years did I win a championship as a #1 seed so I'm half expecting things to turn sour if I don't make moves. I also don't have a bunch of players on either team that seem worthy of being dropped and I know I will need at least a couple in each to be able to make moves when I need to for byes. What's your approach to a situation like mine?

Zep

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm asking because my teams in both of my leagues are in 1st place and are #1 & #3 in points scored and I find myself scouring the WW looking to see who I should pick up but then I also wonder if messing with my roster at this point is actual a recipe for potencial disaster.
Keep in mind that the vast majority of teams I've won championships with over the years have almost never been Powerhouse teams but rather mid to slightly upper tier teams that hung around and went into the playoffs as anything but #1 seeds. I think only once in over 20 years did I win a championship as a #1 seed so I'm half expecting things to turn sour if I don't make moves. I also don't have a bunch of players on either team that seem worthy of being dropped and I know I will need at least a couple in each to be able to make moves when I need to for byes. What's your approach to a situation like mine?

Zep
the real question is what is the playoff setup... is there 6 teams where two get byes... or is it 4 teams?? or even 8 teams

its really a different answer... the more teams make the playoffs the more I would be playing for the playoffs- maybe make trades for players that have good matchups... the less teams that make the playoffs, the more I would be playing for Now...

with that said, no matter what the playoffs setup is, I would be making every move I can to make my team better... this is when having your star players backups become even more important...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not making major moves*, but I'm looking for minor tweaks like scouting the wire each week to see if there's potential break out players (mostly to keep competition from getting them). Also looking ahead to playoff match ups to see if there's any potential bad match ups I might have to contend with (for example, maybe one of my starting RB has to face some good run defenses so I might need other options).

*I put an asterisk here because I'm not actively looking to make moves but if you've got a loaded teams of starters and bench depth, it might worth exploring moving some depth to bolster a weaker position. It's pretty rare for a team to be stacked at every position. You might have really good RBs and WRs, but your TE is a little suspect for example. Is it possible to move a little depth for a more consistent TE? Stuff like that. But like I said, I don't have the must do it mindset. It's just something to be open minded about

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m always looking to upgrade someone.

And it usually backfires at some point.

Hard to sit on what you got though, as very few keep consistency for 17 weeks.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real dilemma for me is I have so much depth I am sitting very good players on the bench (ex: I have Hock and Laporta) and it's hard to choose who to start (not a bad thing).

Is a 2 for 1 deal the best move going forward? Injuries happen to every team, depth is key and their is little to none on the WW

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after starting off quite well
the real question is what is the playoff setup... is there 6 teams where two get byes... or is it 4 teams?? or even 8 teams

its really a different answer... the more teams make the playoffs the more I would be playing for the playoffs- maybe make trades for players that have good matchups... the less teams that make the playoffs, the more I would be playing for Now...

with that said, no matter what the playoffs setup is, I would be making every move I can to make my team better... this is when having your star players backups become even more important...
Since I posted this, one of my teams has gone on a losing streak so this thread only really pertains to my $ league where I'm still in 1st place with a 6-1 record, 2 games up on the 4 teams tied for 2nd place at 4-3. That league is a 10 team league, 6 teams make the playoffs. Prior to last weeks games I put Tank Dell on IR, dropped Kenneth Gainwell, and picked up Justice Hill, Gus Edwards, and the Browns D and started all 3. Needless to say the Edwards & the Browns D turned out to be great pickups!

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put an asterisk here because I'm not actively looking to make moves but if you've got a loaded teams of starters and bench depth, it might worth exploring moving some depth to bolster a weaker position. It's pretty rare for a team to be stacked at every position. You might have really good RBs and WRs, but your TE is a little suspect for example. Is it possible to move a little depth for a more consistent TE? Stuff like that. But like I said, I don't have the must do it mindset. It's just something to be open minded about
This is my $ league team. I'm stacked at QB with my first 2 draft picks being Mahomes & Josh Allen in a 2QB league and went zero RB after that until RD7 where Miles Sanders was my first RB so I'm stacked at WR too. I did this because this is a PPR league where we have 3 starting WR spots and 3 flex spots so I can start up to 6 WRs so I so choose to do so. With my pickup of the Browns D added to the Eagles D I'm stacked there too. That leaves RB as my weak spot with TE the same though to a lesser extent with Njoku & Logan Thomas. I think i'm ok streaming the 2 of them for now. Back to my RBs which consist of Brian Robinson Jr, Tyjae Spears, Zach Charbonnet, and the recent WW pickups of Roschon Johnson, Gus Edwards, and Justice Hill. At a minimum I want to have 2 RBs I can plug into the 2 RB spots as every week starters. Maybe I already have that now with my recent pickups but I'm not yet convinced of that. I've been looking at trade possibilities to strengthen my RB position and though I havn't found much I'd want to pull the trigger on I do have one I'm considering.

Give: Josh Allen, Jaylen Waddle, and Tank Dell
Get: Kirk Cousins and Christian McCaffrey.

Thoughts?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never stop looking for ways to improve. ... there's always something that's better than the weakest link - even if it's not long-term.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real dilemma for me is I have so much depth I am sitting very good players on the bench (ex: I have Hock and Laporta) and it's hard to choose who to start (not a bad thing).

Is a 2 for 1 deal the best move going forward? Injuries happen to every team, depth is key and their is little to none on the WW
With LaPorta's Bye coming up in 2 weeks I certainly wouldn't want to trade Hock unless you've got decent streming options.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 2 decesions i need to make soon as I have to move Miles Sanders & Tank Dell off of my IR which means I have to drop t
2 players. One is easy, Zach Charbonnet, but the other isnt. I believe it needs to be one of my 2 TEs or Ds. I think most of you would say it should be an easy choice to drop a D over a position player but I've got 2 of the top Ds so dropping one would be a tough choice. I'm looking to see what the other teams in this league have bad Ds and offer one of my Ds and a WR to see if I could get a good RB out of it.It I also also have DeAndre Hopkins on our WW staring at me.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 2 decesions i need to make soon as I have to move Miles Sanders & Tank Dell off of my IR which means I have to drop t
2 players. One is easy, Zach Charbonnet, but the other isnt. I believe it needs to be one of my 2 TEs or Ds. I think most of you would say it should be an easy choice to drop a D over a position player but I've got 2 of the top Ds so dropping one would be a tough choice. I'm looking to see what the other teams in this league have bad Ds and offer one of my Ds and a WR to see if I could get a good RB out of it.It I also also have DeAndre Hopkins on our WW staring at me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231025_144407_Fantasy.jpg
    Screenshot_20231025_144407_Fantasy.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20231025_144349_Fantasy.jpg
    Screenshot_20231025_144349_Fantasy.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 3

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other teams only D is the Raiders which is not much of a D and he has good RB depth and is a bit light on WR. I could offer something like the Eagles D and Tyler Lockett for Deandre Swift. Maybe Eagles D and Waddle for Swift though I'd rather give up Lockett as I'd prefer to keep a part of the Dolphins O over a part of the Seachickens O.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other teams only D is the Raiders which is not much of a D and he has good RB depth and is a bit light on WR. I could offer something like the Eagles D and Tyler Lockett for Deandre Swift. Maybe Eagles D and Waddle for Swift though I'd rather give up Lockett as I'd prefer to keep a part of the Dolphins O over a part of the Seachickens O.
Yeah instead of dropping a D I would try to package it in a deal. That is your best bet

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With LaPorta's Bye coming up in 2 weeks I certainly wouldn't want to trade Hock unless you've got decent streming options.
I ended up doing a 2 for 1 deal like I mentioned before but I kept my TE's (Hock and Laporta). I traded Mostert and Thielen for Kupp. Being a keeper league Kupp gives another keeper option and his ceiling and consistency should help my team stay at the top of the league.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my $ league team. I'm stacked at QB with my first 2 draft picks being Mahomes & Josh Allen in a 2QB league and went zero RB after that until RD7 where Miles Sanders was my first RB so I'm stacked at WR too. I did this because this is a PPR league where we have 3 starting WR spots and 3 flex spots so I can start up to 6 WRs so I so choose to do so. With my pickup of the Browns D added to the Eagles D I'm stacked there too. That leaves RB as my weak spot with TE the same though to a lesser extent with Njoku & Logan Thomas. I think i'm ok streaming the 2 of them for now. Back to my RBs which consist of Brian Robinson Jr, Tyjae Spears, Zach Charbonnet, and the recent WW pickups of Roschon Johnson, Gus Edwards, and Justice Hill. At a minimum I want to have 2 RBs I can plug into the 2 RB spots as every week starters. Maybe I already have that now with my recent pickups but I'm not yet convinced of that. I've been looking at trade possibilities to strengthen my RB position and though I havn't found much I'd want to pull the trigger on I do have one I'm considering.

Give: Josh Allen, Jaylen Waddle, and Tank Dell
Get: Kirk Cousins and Christian McCaffrey.

Thoughts?

Go for it. It'll probably be declined but worth taking a shot on.