• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which QB will make a vast improvement

Which QB will make a vast improvement.

• Total voters

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a single Luck vote?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprisingly the only person who voted for Andrew Luck.

Here is what I thought as going through the list:

Russell Wilson: I couldn't vote for Wilson because I felt like he had already been playing at a very high level. I can't realistically see that he has much room to improve.

Colin Kaepernick: Basically the same goes for him as does Russell Wilson. You could make the case that he has room to "improve" due to the fact that he didn't start an entire season though.

RG3: I actually think with his knee problem he could regress. Right after his injury I heard that he likely will never be as fast as he was prior to the injury again. I'm not sure of the accuracy of that claim but the injury is something that causes me to shy away from him.

Jake Locker: My fellow UW fans will hate me for saying this but I've always thought Jake Locker was a future bust. I honestly felt that he did not have the accuracy to be a pick in the first three rounds and I was adamant about that on the CBS boards and I don't see that there has been anything that indicates that Locker deserves to be an NFL starter. I honestly felt like the only reasons he was drafted in the first round was because of his size, arm strength, and the hope that they can cure his horrible accuracy.

Ryan Tannehill: The Dolphins have made a lot of improvements and Tannehill was a guy I considered. I considered Tannehill mostly because I felt that of the realistic selections he had the most room to improve. I was not a huge fan of his coming out of the draft but he has shown a lot of promise and I feel I was wrong about him.

Cam Newton: I didn't give it much consideration but there is a strong possibility here also. I felt like Newton was really overlooked this year with the Panthers poor performance and the emergence of so many other talented young quarterbacks.

Andrew Luck: I picked Andrew Luck because out of all the guys listed he may have the most pure potential throwing the football. He's no RG3 or Russell Wilson on the ground but the guy has a Peyton Manning/Tom Brady type arm/accuracy. I felt he had room to improve because despite his nearly 4,400 yards passing he only had a 54% completion percentage, 18 interceptions and a QB rating of 76.5. I think out of the bunch listed Luck has the most potential and still has room to improve.

Andy Dalton: The ginger is already playing at a high level and I don't see any indication that he's going to improve further.

Sam Bradford: Lots of talent here. Potential sleeper. Now that he's got some weapons he may finally be able to put his talent to use.

Jay Cutler: I can't imagine he's going to see some huge jump in production

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprisingly the only person who voted for Andrew Luck.

Here is what I thought as going through the list:

Russell Wilson: I couldn't vote for Wilson because I felt like he had already been playing at a very high level. I can't realistically see that he has much room to improve.

Colin Kaepernick: Basically the same goes for him as does Russell Wilson. You could make the case that he has room to "improve" due to the fact that he didn't start an entire season though.

RG3: I actually think with his knee problem he could regress. Right after his injury I heard that he likely will never be as fast as he was prior to the injury again. I'm not sure of the accuracy of that claim but the injury is something that causes me to shy away from him.

Jake Locker: My fellow UW fans will hate me for saying this but I've always thought Jake Locker was a future bust. I honestly felt that he did not have the accuracy to be a pick in the first three rounds and I was adamant about that on the CBS boards and I don't see that there has been anything that indicates that Locker deserves to be an NFL starter. I honestly felt like the only reasons he was drafted in the first round was because of his size, arm strength, and the hope that they can cure his horrible accuracy.

Ryan Tannehill: The Dolphins have made a lot of improvements and Tannehill was a guy I considered. I considered Tannehill mostly because I felt that of the realistic selections he had the most room to improve. I was not a huge fan of his coming out of the draft but he has shown a lot of promise and I feel I was wrong about him.

Cam Newton: I didn't give it much consideration but there is a strong possibility here also. I felt like Newton was really overlooked this year with the Panthers poor performance and the emergence of so many other talented young quarterbacks.

Andrew Luck: I picked Andrew Luck because out of all the guys listed he may have the most pure potential throwing the football. He's no RG3 or Russell Wilson on the ground but the guy has a Peyton Manning/Tom Brady type arm/accuracy. I felt he had room to improve because despite his nearly 4,400 yards passing he only had a 54% completion percentage, 18 interceptions and a QB rating of 76.5. I think out of the bunch listed Luck has the most potential and still has room to improve.

Andy Dalton: The ginger is already playing at a high level and I don't see any indication that he's going to improve further.

Sam Bradford: Lots of talent here. Potential sleeper. Now that he's got some weapons he may finally be able to put his talent to use.

Jay Cutler: I can't imagine he's going to see some huge jump in production

Well I 'd agree that it's surprising that your the only one to vote for Luck, I also think you like being the lone wolf.

Your comment about Wilson playing at a high level. That disregards the first half of the season where he was wearing chains. A full season of Wilson unleashed should provide some upgrade in stats. Then there is the fact that he's got more weapons this year. Do you account for that?

Do you account for the fact that he'll get a full camp as the undisputed starter? Or that this year with any luck he'll be able to work with the starting WRs? Last year they were all hurt in preseason.

I could go on but I don't think I need to.

Bradford may be the one that makes that leap...but I'll stick with Wilson!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I 'd agree that it's surprising that your the only one to vote for Luck, I also think you like being the lone wolf.

Your comment about Wilson playing at a high level. That disregards the first half of the season where he was wearing chains. A full season of Wilson unleashed should provide some upgrade in stats. Then there is the fact that he's got more weapons this year. Do you account for that?

Do you account for the fact that he'll get a full camp as the undisputed starter? Or that this year with any luck he'll be able to work with the starting WRs? Last year they were all hurt in preseason.

I could go on but I don't think I need to.

Bradford may be the one that makes that leap...but I'll stick with Wilson!

You make a good case. But I was mostly taking into account the second half of the season to begin with. I sort of disregarded his earlier mishaps in the first quarter or so of the season and evaluated him as the QB he was in the final 3/4 of the season.

I mostly disregarded those games earlier on because I was evaluating him as the QB he was during the later half of the season because that is the QB I expect to see this upcoming season, not the QB I saw earlier on.

And you can say he was "unleashed" starting in the Detriot game and throughout the rest of the season. He played at an astoundingly high level after that, one that I would be impressed to see him duplicate, let alone improve upon.

I think that the Russell Wilson we saw from week 6 on is likely the Wilson we will see this upcoming year.

Statistically overall he will likely see a significant boost, but overall I don't expect to see an extremely changed player. You can make the case that from week 8 to the final playoff game against the Falcons, Wilson was one of the top QBs in the NFL. And the way he was throwing the ball I just don't see much more room for improvement with how well he was playing.

Percy Harvin will add a nice boost to his stats, but in terms of "performance" and how well Wilson played as an individual I can't see a huge improvement from him. There is not much he can change in his game. Reflecting on his performance in 2012 I just can't see that there was much for him to change.

As far as injuries go I really don't recall Sidney Rice or Golden Tate being injured much during the preseason. According to NFL.com Golden Tate was active for all four preseason games and Sidney Rice was active for the final two. So Wilson did get time with his receivers last year.

Maybe I just have a higher overall view of how Wilson performed last year than you do. I mean (IMO) Wilson played at a 9/10 level after week 6. He made all the throws and did his job nearly perfectly last year. With an upgrade at WR (Harvin) Wilson's job gets easier and he will have a guy that can do something for him, but I just don't see what Wilson can improve upon.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think you like being the lone wolf.

I actually didn't see the results or read the thread before I voted. I just sort of eliminated the guys who were already doing everything right and tried to select a guy who actually has something he can change/improve upon.

If it's any consolation prize I think that among the QBs listed Russell Wilson had the best season and will have the best season next year as well.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, i wanted to vote for Mark Sanchez. Oh well!