• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What free agents will LA even get in 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea...they will not come out of the east next year and they have no salary cap to get new players.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What free agent in 2014 would want to join a rebuilding project like the LA Lakers?

LA will always have that prestige...but what's prestige if there isn't any talent on the team. ESPN would love a 2014 story with free agents lining up for Kobe's last hoorah at a title...but who would want to go to an LA team with an aging Kobe at the very end of his career?

Bron, Wade, and Bosh aren't going anywhere. Paul George is going to be a restricted free agent, but he seems like the type of player that will sign an extension. Melo...maybe but isn't his heart with New York?
Melo isn't a FA until the summer of 2015.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo isn't leaving NYC unless he's forced to. Melo will not be a free agent.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct, Kold. I didn't think had an ETO after this season. Although he would be turning down 23+mil for that season, if he chose to do so.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea...they will not come out of the east next year and they have no salary cap to get new players.

Saying the heat will not get out of the east is stupid. In 3 years together only 1 team been able to beat them 4 of 7 and if LBJ played the way he should've played no team would've beat them 4 of 7 yet.

The Heat will be fine. They will bring bird back and if he goes elsewhere, they would probably use that money to sign a real C such as Oden or Dalembert and they will make some minor FA moves in August or early september.

The heat only issue right now is they need a center.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could choose to be a 2014 FA as he has an eto for the year of 2014.

He's going to opt out. Every player opt out unless you're a shitty player.

When is Tyson Chandler up JD?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way are you a Heat fan...No true Heat fan gives up on the team before they even play a game. You make me sick.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I am not giving up, I am being realistic.

I am not a homer and not going to say how great my team is if I do not think they are.

Indy is getting better and we barely made it last year. Wade isn't getting any younger and neither are our role players and as you stated we have a glaring hole at center.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I am not giving up, I am being realistic.

I am not a homer and not going to say how great my team is if I do not think they are.

Indy is getting better and we barely made it last year. Wade isn't getting any younger and neither are our role players and as you stated we have a glaring hole at center.

Being realistic how?

The hole at C will be adjusted. Unless you want big name/top free agents, you don't make your moves until August or Maybe September.

Considering how much better the east have gotten, last yr was honestly Indy and NYK best shot to make the finals. Chicago & Brooklyn are now ahead of both in the pecking order

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to opt out. Every player opt out unless you're a shitty player.

When is Tyson Chandler up JD?
He becomes a UFA in the summer of 2015. He has no opt out clause.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo's wife had a big say about wanting to go back to NY when they were in Denver. She's originally from Brooklyn.

That may be enough for him to re-sign with the Knicks if they make a future extension offer.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being realistic how?

The hole at C will be adjusted. Unless you want big name/top free agents, you don't make your moves until August or Maybe September.

Considering how much better the east have gotten, last yr was honestly Indy and NYK best shot to make the finals. Chicago & Brooklyn are now ahead of both in the pecking order

The rest of our team is still very old and it showed last year.

Indy is still ahead of both of those other teams and I was hoping and begging we would play NYK rather than Indy last year.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Indy is still ahead of both of those other teams and I was hoping and begging we would play NYK rather than Indy last year.

Alot of your posts scream bandwagon. If Lebron leaves I can almost guarantee that you'll go and hop over to the team that he plays for. If he does leave as well as Bosh then I'll still be a Heat fan. Even if we only make it to the playoffs as a 7-8 seed.

Our role players are old, but that's always been the case with this big 3 structure. This was the exact opposite of what was going on with Boston. Their core consisted of old players in KG, Ray, and Pierce. Our big 3 core is still in their prime (Wade is still playing at a high level, but will likely get Tim Duncan treatment from this point forward). Alot of these salaries come off the books after next season.

If the Heat wins again, then I can almost bet on Lebron staying in Miami. Hell, I think he'll stay regardless since he knows alot players want to have the chance to play with him and also a city like Miami. The franchise has already proven that it will put the necessary components in place for a chance to compete.

But we'll see.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Bulls with Rose are the best team in the east outside of Miami....HANDS DOWN

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Bulls with Rose are the best team in the east outside of Miami....HANDS DOWN

True but it is all about match-ups. The Pacers are a tougher challenge for the Heat than the Bulls. This is not true for every other top contender in the East. The Bulls are a much tougher match up for the Knicks and Nets than are the Pacers. Seeding will be important for the 2014 playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but it is all about match-ups. The Pacers are a tougher challenge for the Heat than the Bulls. This is not true for every other top contender in the East. The Bulls are a much tougher match up for the Knicks and Nets than are the Pacers. Seeding will be important for the 2014 playoffs.

The Bulls are basically a better version of the pacers and unlike the Pacers they actually have a superstar

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Bulls are basically a better version of the pacers and unlike the Pacers they actually have a superstar

I am not sure. West>Boozer. Hibbert>Noah from a Heat perspective due to match ups when they are on the offensive end. Rose is clearly better than the Pacers budding superstar, but in the crunch I think the Heat can stop Rose and they don't have a consistent scoring option. I just know we beat Chicago 4-1 when they were loaded with great bench play and healthy and were 4-2 and 4-3 versus Pacers. We shall see.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah is better than Hibbert. Hibbert was terrible in the regular season. Noah was by far the better player and Boozer=West basically at least on offense

Status
Not open for further replies.