• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What free agents will LA even get in 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montsho, there was nothing altruistic above LBJ's move. No one told him to attend any TV show that left his fan base waiting till the last minute. You may be afraid of what he will do next, but rest assured, its in him to surprise everyone. Live by the sword, die by it. Its what he is, and thats the best player, seeking fame and fortune. Somebody is lining up to make him a deal he wont refuse, especially if its strokes his ego. I hate the Lakers, but I respect that most likely, they have already started building a proposition that he may not be able to refuse............................hollywood

You are kidding right? What makes you think it was not altruistic? For that matter how do you even know? If someone came to you and said we will donate 1 million dollars to the charity of your choice if you keep your decision quiet and broadcast it on our network, what would you say? If you are an altruistic person it sounds all good. Even if the thought occurred to him that fans would be upset what is more important? Lets see some butt hurt fans who need to get a life or some kids whos lives will be positively impacted because of that money?

I am not afraid of what Lebron will do next because I have more important stuff to deal with in my life. He may prove me wrong and go play for the Lakers with Kobe. However I highly doubt it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...what...how are the Heat in "rebuilding mode" in 2014!?

How are the Lakers a more attractive place to go when THEY are the team that is in complete rebuilding mode...we're not talking Cleveland to LA here...where the market difference is a wide margin...we're talking Miami to LA...while I do agree that LA is the more prestigious franchise...what does LA have to offer outside of their prestige that year that would persuade lebron to leave a franchise that he has won multiple championships with?

There are no free agents of the caliber of Wade and Bosh available in 2013 that LA could lure to come join forces with Lebron to form a formidable team that would be attractive enough for Lebron to leave.

Too many posters are living in fantasy land thinking a player coming off multiple championships would leave a franchise that still has their all stars, has a history of winning and a history of drawing in free agents

I don't know about a complete re-build, but D-Wade is getting older and we are seeing less of him at his best and Bosh was exposed in the ECF and finals. Their bench made them one of the oldest (if not THE oldest) teams in league. So, yes. Miami COULD be looking at having to re-make the roster after next season.

As for what the Lakers have to offer, besides the obvious of being the more prestigious franchise was pointed out in my previous post.

As for players coming off of multiple championships leaving? It has happened before. Bottom line is that all of the Heat's big 3 will be free agents next season. The Lakers have a much longer history of winning and drawing in free agents than the Heat!! Lebron has left a team before, so thinking he won't do it again, is the actual fantasy!!

I have said before that I think Lebron will retire with the Heat, but I am not going to simply dismiss the possibility of him leaving like Heat fans are doing!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are kidding right? What makes you think it was not altruistic? For that matter how do you even know? If someone came to you and said we will donate 1 million dollars to the charity of your choice if you keep your decision quiet and broadcast it on our network, what would you say? If you are an altruistic person it sounds all good. Even if the thought occurred to him that fans would be upset what is more important? Lets see some butt hurt fans who need to get a life or some kids whos lives will be positively impacted because of that money?

I am not afraid of what Lebron will do next because I have more important stuff to deal with in my life. He may prove me wrong and go play for the Lakers with Kobe. However I highly doubt it.

A more altruistic option would be to just donate the million himself rather than have some ridiculous t.v. show that blew up in his face and let someone else make the donation for him!!

The whole thing was poorly planned and not well thought out, imo. The worst part (and where I do feel for Lebron a bit) was that as soon as the backlash started, ESPN pretty well left Lebron high and dry to deal with it by himself!!

Last edited by a moderator:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A more altruistic option would be to just donate the million himself rather than have some ridiculous t.v. show that blew up in his face and let someone else make the donation for him!!

The whole thing was poorly planned and not well thought out, imo. The worst part (and where I do feel for Lebron a bit) was that as soon as the backlash started, ESPN pretty well left Lebron high and dry to deal with it by himself!!
I agree but the main thing about my point was that ESPN came to him and was going to donate the proceeds in his name all over what he chose to do with his career. Lebron does so much for his community and other communities that is not even well publicized. Calling him narcissistic is beyond stretching it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but the main thing about my point was that ESPN came to him and was going to donate the proceeds in his name all over what he chose to do with his career. Lebron does so much for his community and other communities that is not even well publicized. Calling him narcissistic is beyond stretching it.

Yeah, as distasteful as I found "The Decision", to put it ALL on Lebron really isn't fair!! He was presented with an opportunity to do a good thing for a charity and I can't really blame him for that!!

I've said all along that Lebron needs better advisors!! Someone should have been able to look at that and say: "Wait a minute!! How is this going to be received?" Then, it seemed like everytime he opened his mouth for the rest of that season and beyond, he just threw more fuel on the fire!!

What happened to Lebron is why Kobe has always been nototiously "standoffish" with the media!!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as distasteful as I found "The Decision", to put it ALL on Lebron really isn't fair!! He was presented with an opportunity to do a good thing for a charity and I can't really blame him for that!!

I've said all along that Lebron needs better advisors!! Someone should have been able to look at that and say: "Wait a minute!! How is this going to be received?" Then, it seemed like everytime he opened his mouth for the rest of that season and beyond, he just threw more fuel on the fire!!

What happened to Lebron is why Kobe has always been nototiously "standoffish" with the media!!
I thought it was way too much of a spectacle until I found out the story behind it. I never thought people would be that hurt and angry over it but could understand why it might rub some people the wrong way. I never understood why Lebron continued to get backlash for it. I may be mistaken but wasn't it announced at the beginning of the show that it was for charity? If I were Kobe I would never talk to the media. Even if he has good intentions the media spins it until he comes off like an a-hole.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is much more profitable to have hated players than loved. It also seems easier.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was way too much of a spectacle until I found out the story behind it. I never thought people would be that hurt and angry over it but could understand why it might rub some people the wrong way. I never understood why Lebron continued to get backlash for it. I may be mistaken but wasn't it announced at the beginning of the show that it was for charity? If I were Kobe I would never talk to the media. Even if he has good intentions the media spins it until he comes off like an a-hole.

I think you're right and they did announce at the beginning that it was for charity!! The problem, as I saw it, was that was about all that was ever said. The kids were stuck off to the side, barely in the picture!! They were basically reduced to "spectators" waiting on Lebron's decision. Basically, once the announcement was made that it was for charity, it became all about Lebron!!

Personally, I think it would have come off better if there was more about the charity, Lebron's involvement and then it culminated with Lebron's decision!!

As for the backlash!! It kept going because Lebron kept opening his mouth!! Every time that it seemed that it was finally going to die down, he would do or say something to stir it back up again!! In that regard, he kind of became his own worst enemy!!

Imo, he should have handled it the same way that Kobe handled the r*pe allegation. He had his press conference with his wife in attendance, said his piece and then never spoke of it again!! The result was that it went away a lot quicker than one would expect given the seriousness of the allegation!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly see the Lakers getting Melo though, if you want to talk about a hopeless situation it's the Knicks. But then again, you have Melo vs. D'Antoni part deux. I also think Kevin Love is a realistic option as well for the Lakers as I'm sure he'll eventually bitch and moan his way out of Minnesota at one point. Seems to be the ongoing trend nowadays. But who the F knows what will happen? We still haven't even started training camp yet or wrapped up free agency.

Why in the hell would the Lakers organization want another ballhog who has never won a championship and never will?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: if it makes you feel better I see Jim Buss having an "accident" forcing Jeanie to take over the franchise at some point.

Actually, there is apparently a stipulation that Jeannie can, in fact, take over if Short Buss isn't doing a good job!! It seems that even though the Lakers were set up with Short Buss running the basketball side and Jeannie the business side, Jeannie is actually the one in charge of the franchise as a whole which makes her his boss!!

With the moves that have been made and are rumored to be in the works, some are thinking that this may have already happened!! They are saying that moves made and the ones being looked at have the feel of Jeannie, Phil and Mitch because Short Buss isn't smart enough to come up with them!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got news for you knuckleheads - Jim Buss has been running things for the last five or more years now anyway - Dr Jerry Buss may have stepped in and handled some business once in awhile in between his bimbos hanging onto him, but he has not made major decisions in years. That should be obvious to everyone by now

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, there is apparently a stipulation that Jeannie can, in fact, take over if Short Buss isn't doing a good job!! It seems that even though the Lakers were set up with Short Buss running the basketball side and Jeannie the business side, Jeannie is actually the one in charge of the franchise as a whole which makes her his boss!!

With the moves that have been made and are rumored to be in the works, some are thinking that this may have already happened!! They are saying that moves made and the ones being looked at have the feel of Jeannie, Phil and Mitch because Short Buss isn't smart enough to come up with them!!

It would make sense. If the basketball decisions are shit, then it doesn't matter how good you are at running a business if the product crap.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: if it makes you feel better I see Jim Buss having an "accident" forcing Jeanie to take over the franchise at some point.

I thought you knew - Jim was an accident when he was conceived by one Jerry's bimbos:laugh3:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would make sense. If the basketball decisions are shit, then it doesn't matter how good you are at running a business if the product crap.

:agree: As I said, it APPEARS that what is happening seems to have a Jeannie/Phil/Mitch feel to it, but that is mainly speculation based on Short Buss not being bright enough to come up with these himself!!

I hope that what's being said is true and that Jeannie really did tell him to go sit in the corner!!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Lakers are making some solid moves even with their hands tied. They are bringing back Jordan Farmar for a 1 year contract.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Lakers are making some solid moves even with their hands tied. They are bringing back Jordan Farmar for a 1 year contract.

I like this move, especially on a 1 year deal!! I think he'll fit better in D'Antoni's system than he did in the triangle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.