• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What free agents will LA even get in 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we'll ride the storm of this coming season and bet will be back with a contending team in '14 with or without superstars....Lakers don't stay pat for long as history has shown

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
contending is a strong word but you guys will not miss the playoffs twice in a row

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll be back, via 2014 free agency, or via 2015 free agency. As for next year, if you're not going to win a chip anyways, why not get a good pick out of the deal? Them just finding a way into the playoffs doesn't cut it for me. Either we have a chance at a chip or we don't. I say let's get a good pick with this loaded draft and let's head to 2014.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are pretty good points, I hope he does not have loyalty to Miami, I just want him to realize his own legacy should come first.

Of all of them, I bet Wade will understand the most if he leaves but I kind of think he stays.

Would love to see him go to GS? They have the Big, they have the spacing...perfect fit. Cleveland I do not believe will keep enough talent to entice him, plus gilbert still lives there.

Lakers could build a sick team with him but Kobe will have to be out.

You think Kobe wants to play with LBJ?

Brooklyn could be a dark horse here, he loves NY and the Knicks have Melo. But more importantly the Nets will have some freedom in salary cap too.

I think he would!! Just like Lebron, Kobe isn't stupid and Lebron on the team with the cap space for additional parts, means the Lakers become contenders right away!!

Plus, Lebron loves to pass and Kobe loves to shoot!!

Sounds like a match made in basketball heaven to me!!:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll be back, via 2014 free agency, or via 2015 free agency. As for next year, if you're not going to win a chip anyways, why not get a good pick out of the deal? Them just finding a way into the playoffs doesn't cut it for me. Either we have a chance at a chip or we don't. I say let's get a good pick with this loaded draft and let's head to 2014.

As much as I hate to say it (he's my favorite current Laker), I think Pau is about to be shopped hard!!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would!! Just like Lebron, Kobe isn't stupid and Lebron on the team with the cap space for additional parts, means the Lakers become contenders right away!!

Plus, Lebron loves to pass and Kobe loves to shoot!!

Sounds like a match made in basketball heaven to me!!:lol:

Kobe isn't stupid but I do believe he is too arrogant to hand over the reigns.

Also LBJ likes the ball to come back every now and then.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kobe isn't stupid but I do believe he is too arrogant to hand over the reigns.

Also LBJ likes the ball to come back every now and then.

:lol: I disagree. I think when he was talking to Dwight about "learning to win championships" it was exactly about handing the reigns over to Dwight!!

Part of the fallout between Shaq and Kobe was that, when it was time for Shaq to start handing the reigns over to Kobe, he didn't want to. It's possible that Kobe wanted to do for Dwight, what Shaq refused to do for him!!

Think about it, if Kobe is THAT arrogant, what would be better than Dwight winning a couple more championships and saying "I taught him how to do that"!! Or being able to say the he showed Lebron how to handle the "bright spotlight in L.A."!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if he does get shipped outta L.A. watch these sycophants come to HIS aid like they did Dwight's...

Yeah and after most of them have been saying for 2 years that the Lakers should just amnesty him!!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: I disagree. I think when he was talking to Dwight about "learning to win championships" it was exactly about handing the reigns over to Dwight!!

Wishful thinking

Part of the fallout between Shaq and Kobe was that, when it was time for Shaq to start handing the reigns over to Kobe, he didn't want to. It's possible that Kobe wanted to do for Dwight, what Shaq refused to do for him!!

Yea, that wasn't in the wiki page...and Shaq was still prime. The Lakers had a better W/L record when Kobe was off the court.

Think about it, if Kobe is THAT arrogant, what would be better than Dwight winning a couple more championships and saying "I taught him how to do that"!! Or being able to say the he showed Lebron how to handle the "bright spotlight in L.A."!!

LOL yes those other 2 would be a joke even to Kobe compared to being THE guy winning another Rang

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade and Bosh are not going anywhere.

But Lebron is out the door in 2014.
It would be silly for him to stay.
I agree with your premise that he might not go to the Lakers, but he is not going to stay with the HEAT.

The simple math of birth certificates and salary cap hell makes it extraordinarily unlikely.
Forget about Allen, Birdman, Haslem, Battier, and Miller all being 34 or older.
That is only half the problem.

Wade is 32 years old and looks done.
He has a gigantic player option for 20+ million in 2014 for two more years.
No other team is going to give a then 33 year old Wade 40+ million.
Unless Wade loses his mind, he will exercise that option tying up the cap until 2017.

Bosh is 29 and a decent 2nd tier star. But, he also has two years at 20 million player option in 2014. Once again, there is no team that would pay Bosh 20 million today......yet alone with him one year older. Bosh will exercise his option faster than Wade will.

So(unless Hell freezes over), Bosh and Wade will eat up the entire salary cap until 2017 by themselves.

LeBron is the only one of the 3 who can decline his option and still make 20 million elsewhere.

Lebron is not a stupid guy.
Nor does he have any loyalty to Miami to play through bad seasons of rebuilding.

Birth Certificates are undefeated.

But, it still doesn't mean Lebron goes to the Lakers. It just means he likely leaves Miami.

Lebron has no loyalty to Miami...but like you said Lebron is not a stupid guy. He's old school and he cares about his legacy and how every move he makes in his career affects it.

Bron got enough scrutiny already for leaving Cleveland to "chase" a title and he's finally eradicated that image...he is not about to once again hop to another team to once again "chase" another title

I highly doubt Lebron would want to tarnish his image once more.

Yes Wade is on the decline...but speculation of his demise are quite overblown by the media. It's unlikely we will see Flash on a consistent basis anymore but Wade is still and can still be a very effective player.

Bosh as you mentioned is still only 29. He's an all star who has shown that he's capable of scoring 20+ pts. He's just taken a back seat to Bron and Wade. If Wade's touches go down as he gets older...Bosh will only assume that role and take on the scoring.

Bron is still in the absolute prime of his career.

You mention Miller, Ray, Battier etc but those guys are role players and shooters who can be replaced through free agency.

If Bron stays in Miami, they are far from a rebuilding team. Bron will still be in his prime, Bosh will still be in his prime, Wade will be an effective 6th man/solid starter, add some shooters and Miami is still a title contender. They won't be favorites like they have been these past few years but what other team with what other nucleus would offer something that much better that would persuade Lebron to once again tarnish his image?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how I see it

The move from Cleveland to Miami was worth it because the potential in Miami to play with Wade and Bosh far exceeded anything Cleveland could ever ever come to offer Lebron.

So while many people criticized Lebron for it...as a move for his career it made total sense

In 2014...Lebron leaving makes less sense. He has an established legacy now in Miami with 2 rings and possibly 3. Say what you want about Wade and Bosh in 2014 but Bosh will still be very good and Wade is far from being done he'll still be good. Miami has become an attractive place for free agents to come to...players have taken pay cuts to play with Lebron. So is it that much of a stretch to think that they will reload with some shooters once Battier, Ray and Miller are done in Miami?

I just don't see any team or scenario in 2014 that would offer Lebron the same potential that he saw the year he left Cleveland. These two situations are completely different. Cleveland was a team that had no history of winning, no history of attracting free agents, and no all star on the roster.

Miami even with an aging Wade still offers an all star in Bosh, a good player in Wade, a history of winning, and a history of drawing free agents.

If Lebron is smart, he stays in Miami

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when people look back nobody will hate on LBJ for leaving a team for a better situation (especially black hole of incompetence cleveland). Only morons who do not understand basketball give a shit now.

LBJ better know this.

Also, winning in a new situation will be better for his legacy. MJ never won with out Pippen. If LBJ leaves and wins one we will never say that about LBJ and Wade/Bosh.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL put me on record right now.....Lebron will NEVER be a Laker. In fact, if you even suggest he will, I will clown you nonstop - the very idea is so preposterously funny.

And I doubt they shop Pau......WHO is going to take his contract, even with it expiring? That's been the problem......you may find some crap team like the Bobcats or somebody that will take it, and give you pretty much nothing in return. Pau Gasol right now is a hard sell if you want anything of consequence back.

Lakers just need to take their lumps this year, and plan out how they're going to approach the next offseason. Make the RIGHT moves, and the RIGHT signings. After all, they're still LA.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron will go where he can win more rings and build his legacy. Wade is getting old. Heck the Heat are now the old team in the East.

LBJ had no loyalty to his hometown, he certainly wont have it for Miami.

This guys has bigger dreams IMO. He needs to build it next in a major sports oriented city. LA, New York

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron will go where he can win more rings and build his legacy. Wade is getting old. Heck the Heat are now the old team in the East.

LBJ had no loyalty to his hometown, he certainly wont have it for Miami.

This guys has bigger dreams IMO. He needs to build it next in a major sports oriented city. LA, New York

S&T to OKC for Westbrook next offseason.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lebron cares about his legacy he will stay in Miami. Bosh probably won't be back if he opt out. But you know how bad it will look for LBJ if he leaves Miami after either winning 3 straight titles or winning 2 of the last 3 titles? The only place he can leave Miami for without getting criticized is back to Cleveland.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys are so silly, the only thing people care about is winning titles when they look back. He leaves and every one will love him as soon as he wins the next title.

I will cry if he goes back to cleveland because they will never win a title with or without LBJ.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are playing this out like its nba 2k myplayer...this is the real world...Lebron is not going to hop to yet another team to chase a title when his current team is already a championship caliber who has a history of winning and a history of drawing free agents

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lebron cares about his legacy he will stay in Miami. Bosh probably won't be back if he opt out. But you know how bad it will look for LBJ if he leaves Miami after either winning 3 straight titles or winning 2 of the last 3 titles? The only place he can leave Miami for without getting criticized is back to Cleveland.

I agree about Cleveland...I can possibly see a scenario where it would make a little bit of sense to return to the city that he started with and team up with the young nucleus of Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters and Anthony Bennett.

But even then I still think his overall image and the legacy he will be remembered for will be tarnished if he hops to another team just like that.

I think it sucks cause a lot of it will depend on what happens this year. If they win a third title...there's no question they will stay. And these guys have made sacrifices before...I can see a scenario where they all choose to opt out but do it so all 3 can resign and resign at a lower price tag to continue to win titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.