• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What about Josh Allen?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait so dismiss a bunch of stuff
And it looks better?

Most teams don't play well in back to back road games. Mayfield himself laid an egg in Houston after torching Cincinnati. He cost me the playoffs. How often do backups play when thrust into a starting job the first game? They usually do well in their first or second start. Example: Jeff Garcia in 2006 (now I know he's started before with other teams). But look at the fine print here? How did Darnold play in NE compared to Allen? Allen was better. Darnold could only muster a FG. Also even without taking out his games, his QBR improved when he came back from injury.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Bills are 6 and 0 right now if you don't count the losses.:dhd:

And i know its confusing but QBR and QB rating are different stats that are calculated differently(Well QBR isn't really calculated its just some random ESPNs employees opinion.)

Actually Allen is 5-5 as a starter. Let that sink in. What do you expect in a division with New England? I was counting games that are impossible to overcome. Green Bay was 1-1-1 and needed to win against Buffalo, and you're just not going to play at a high level in back to back road games, especially as a rookie. Having your first start against a 12-4 team also does not help much.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Rosen is clearly the worst)

rrr.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Allen is 5-5 as a starter. Let that sink in. What do you expect in a division with New England? I was counting games that are impossible to overcome. Green Bay was 1-1-1 and needed to win against Buffalo, and you're just not going to play at a high level in back to back road games, especially as a rookie. Having your first start against a 12-4 team also does not help much.

According to pro-football-reference.com Allen was 5-6 in his 11 starts & appeared in 12 games total.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo he's looked better athletically than Mayfield. Mayfield sadly has the name image that stands out where as Allen doesn't, but Allen has been just as hot.
Allen wont be in the league in 4 years. Mayfield is a future HOF and could even surpass Brees as the best short QB. Sorry buddy

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God a couple more reasonable people entered the conversation. I was getting tired of arguing with these rubes about how Baker Mayfield's 13 starts don't make him a perennial Hall of Famer.
Right, the guy that pumped up Allen's QB rating by just eliminating all of his bad starts was really reasonable

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Colts fan so I have no dog in this fight, but if this Carson bitch is so sure about his idiotic claim, how about you put your money where your mouth is. I'm not talking about this fake money on this site either, cold hard cash. Your guy will be out of the league in 4 years. Baker will win the division next year. Josh Allen is Tim Tebow all over again and we have already seen this movie. You don't wanna look at stats but stats is how you measure success in a sport. I understand the jocks probably stuffed you in lockers back in high school so you didn't taught how to properly evaluate athletes but that is no excuse for retardation.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Josh Allen's overall QB rating is 52.3. However, take out the Packers game where his QBR was 5.4. His QBR moves up to 56.6. Take out him being thrust in the Baltimore game, and his QBR is 58.83.

Now when was his first big game? Oh that's right, MINNESOTA so now take out LAC week 2 which was his first start and a QBR of 16.1. His QBR is now 63.6 from week 3 on excluding Green Bay which was on a back to back road end after a good game. One other game we can exclude is Tennessee, who actually had a good defense this year. His QBR is now 66.3.

So his worst games were all before his injury.......GB, LAC, Baltimore, Tennessee, and Houston. The latter game he got hurt in and only had 17 attempts.

Now, let's look at Allen's QBR BEFORE he got hurt....36.3

After he came back from injury....61.7

Take away the road game at NE and his QBR post-injury is 71.4

One other game in this stretch he had a poor QBR was against Detroit, but Detroit's defense has been Jekyl and Hyde.

The takeaway from this is he not only has no elite receivers, he has no elite RB. McCoy is no longer the right fit for this team, and has had reduced carries this season. But a QBR that went from 36.3 to 61.7 can't be argued against.

Yep lets take out games then compare and lets just dismiss everything...lets also put an elite lineman on his team. While we are at it lets just look at post injuries stats and lets gvd him an elite WR too..I mean lets basically not look at any of the facts. Wow :L I’m not sure I can find many posts that show you are very intelligent LOL

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Colts fan so I have no dog in this fight, but if this Carson bitch is so sure about his idiotic claim, how about you put your money where your mouth is. I'm not talking about this fake money on this site either, cold hard cash. Your guy will be out of the league in 4 years. Baker will win the division next year. Josh Allen is Tim Tebow all over again and we have already seen this movie. You don't wanna look at stats but stats is how you measure success in a sport. I understand the jocks probably stuffed you in lockers back in high school so you didn't taught how to properly evaluate athletes but that is no excuse for retardation.

Yep but you know to him the rookie year means nothing...it tells us nothing...just wait till next year we will all see how Allen will be better lolzz

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more excuses bud

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also hes 5-6

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo he's looked better athletically than Mayfield. Mayfield sadly has the name image that stands out where as Allen doesn't, but Allen has been just as hot.
I like both Allen and Mayfield....I think both are on their way to being successful top tier qb's....They're not there yet but we will probably be talking about them for years to come....With a little luck, either could make a run in the post, and who knows, maybe lift the Lombardi in victory....Hey we've seen stranger things.....2020 !!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I was wrong. 5000%.
Pop Tv Pie GIF by Big Brother After Dark
I’ve owned up to being wrong about Allen else where. Still stand by that josh Allen is a MAJOR EXCEPTION to the rule. The things in his game that he has fixed are things that most qbs do not fix at the pro level, despite what most think.

That is 100% a credit to him for working his ass off, and to that coaching staff. He’s been great.

deadly combination. Think some bills coaches may get poachedZ