• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What about Josh Allen?

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deep ball, and all balls are different. but whatever. can i ask how allen got better with every snap? he was actually slightly more accurate early

View attachment 194501

try again
Jesus Christ... just shut the fuck up. You don't like Josh Allen, I get it. If we're still putzing around here in 2 years and Allen hasn't become what I say he will, then you can let me have it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree his greatest liability is thinking he can make something of nothing. Favre like.

Patience in the pocket...not that he was afforded the chance to develop there, but look at Foster's first TD. Allen threw it 40 yards standing tall in a rugby scrum while getting hit. He passed that test, imo.

He actually babied a deep throw against the Pats two weeks ago. I don't see a decrease in accuracy on the run though, but I do see the erratic throws when he should be throwing it away. Even though they are always the result of a broken right side protection, he still needs to throw it away.

I think this kid is a worker. Highest wonderlic. He will improve. I have no doubts. Two aspects of his game are off. Quick slants and 25 yarders over the deep LB.

Not worried.

And be nice to Broncos fans. They passed on Allen, took Chubb, saving us next year's 1st as we were ready to trade up to #5.

Thank you Elway. Ironically, the guy who Allen reminds me of possibly most of all.
well put:agree:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ... just shut the fuck up. You don't like Josh Allen, I get it. If we're still putzing around here in 2 years and Allen hasn't become what I say he will, then you can let me have it.
no i provide info that is relevant, and stated by analysts, you just swear at people and spew bs. actually never said he wont be successful, or that i dont like him. Try again. Your're not doing well here

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And be nice to Broncos fans. They passed on Allen, took Chubb, saving us next year's 1st as we were ready to trade up to #5.

Thank you Elway. Ironically, the guy who Allen reminds me of possibly most of all.
I like Josh Allen to have the better career than Mayfield but lets not get carried away. The Broncos got a guy who projects to be a premier pass rusher in Chubb. And IMO, Haskins or Locke can better than Allen in the NFL.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no i provide info that is relevant, and stated by analysts, you just swear at people and spew bs. actually never said he wont be successful, or that i dont like him. Try again. Your're not doing well here
Then you're wasting your time for the sake of being argumentative. I never said Allen would be an All Pro.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deep ball, and all balls are different. but whatever. can i ask how allen got better with every snap? he was actually slightly more accurate early

View attachment 194501

try again

We had like 8 first downs in the first five games man. He got better. Pre snap, he got better. Decision making, he got better. And when we turfed Benji and Holmes, he got much better.

A Foster 50 yard TD not happening because the corner tackled him at the five before the ball got there doesn't show up in the stat book. A 3rd down escape (thanks again, Mills) resulting in a dart that hits Isaiah MacKenzie in the chest for a first down, bounces off his numbers and shows up as incomplete.

Just trust me. He progressed very well. You just know, when a QB drops back, if he knows what's going on. Watch JP Losman film for the flip side.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Josh Allen to have the better career than Mayfield but lets not get carried away. The Broncos got a guy who projects to be a premier pass rusher in Chubb. And IMO, Haskins or Locke can better than Allen in the NFL.

I'm thanking you for that assessment, not begrudging it.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clip is about a Zay Jones block. Watch RT, Jordan Mills instead. This is routine. At least once a series.

Edit: didn't work. Not on Twitter myself, it was texted to me

Damn. Disregard.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try again...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats a hell of a play. BUt one haa to question, why is your wr blocking like that consistently

Mills must be a heck of a guy. Conor McDermott (the back up) looks much better, the little he's been on the field.

I'm not exaggerating. That happens with Mills the majority of the time. Look who is first to the QB here...

Edit: didn't work again

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mills must be a heck of a guy. Conor McDermott (the back up) looks much better, the little he's been on the field.

I'm not exaggerating. That happens with Mills the majority of the time. Look who is first to the QB here...

Edit: didn't work again
lol its all good. but seriously if you have to use your wr to block like that, something is wrong

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fairly confident that within 2 seasons I'll be able to say: "I told you so".

You idiots just keep slinging the same single season stats around. Baker has had the better rookie season...which means he'll, by default, have have the better career. I'm not buying it.
Translation: I'm biased against Baker and can't back up my trash-talking with any level of evidence, so you guys are the idiots that keep bringing actual stats into a conversation about which QB is better and it's making me fussy.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rattling off all sub-60% passers based on their collegiate ratings. You can nitpick all you want, but this is the standard you chumps brought into the debate. Pretty sure Russell Wilson was a mid-50s % passer in college too.
In his final season in college, Russell Wilson completed 72.8% of his passes. His rookie year in the NFL, he completed 64.1% of his passes.

In his final season in college, Josh Allen completed 56.3% of his passes. His rookie year in the NFL, he completed 52.8% of his passes.

That was a bad comparison. Have you finally admitted you were just trolling here?

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great. Lets wait another season or two and see if this holds up. After all, a gamble on potential goes beyond a rookie's first look at the highest level. Surely you're smart enough to understand this.

Maybe not.
well surely ur smart enough to realize that profootballfocus has some pretty good metrics, and rating baker as top 10 is no fluke, just checking