• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 6 @ Chiefs

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he's signed for this season and the next two after this? I could see him maybe playing out that deal and calling it a day. I could also see him going somewhere else and talking shit on us too. :D

Ben's contract...yes, it does run thru the '19 season as the final yr. The signing bonus was $31mil over 4 yrs, so $7.75 mil for each yr...so if he left after this year, technically the Steelers could ask for $7.75 mil x 2 seasons....again, I don't think they would do that, but they could.

I think it would be contractually very difficult for Ben to leave and play somewhere else unless the Steelers agreed to it. I think he leaves the game a Steeler.

FWIW...I hope you're right, and he plays it out.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben's contract...yes, it does run thru the '19 season as the final yr. The signing bonus was $31mil over 4 yrs, so $7.75 mil for each yr...so if he left after this year, technically the Steelers could ask for $7.75 mil x 2 seasons....again, I don't think they would do that, but they could.

I think it would be contractually very difficult for Ben to leave and play somewhere else unless the Steelers agreed to it. I think he leaves the game a Steeler.

FWIW...I hope you're right, and he plays it out.
Oh yeah, I don't think he would leave for another team while under contract. I was just musing about once the contract expires. And I was being more sarcastic than anything. He's one of my all time favorite players but the dude talks too much and likes the drama.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, I don't think he would leave for another team while under contract. I was just musing about once the contract expires. And I was being more sarcastic than anything. He's one of my all time favorite players but the dude talks too much and likes the drama.

IDT Ben would play for another team. He has always been very grateful that the Steelers picked him in the draft and very pissed that his hometown Browns passed on him. Plus with 3 or 4 kids now, I don't see him wanting to extend his career after he's done with the Steelers. He has already said he's discussing retirement with his family. Since his wife is a nurse (I believe) at some point she's gonna say it's time for you to be Mr. Dad (just like Jack Lambert) and I'm gonna go back into nursing full time. Nurses can only stay away from nursing for so long. I know this from experience as my mother who is now retired was a Registered Nurse for 45 years.