• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 6 @ Chiefs

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omg they found the end zone!!!!

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hit the guy in the fucking face! Wow.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now the D went out for lunch......

:L

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear God do not not not put AB out for the insides kick.......

Fuckin a

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we actually pull this off? I know these are the games we excel in but I didn't think we had a chance in this game to be honest.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we actually pull this off? I know these are the games we excel in but I didn't think we had a chance in this game to be honest.
I have a horrible feeling we blow it, please let me be wrong.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deebo

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense wins!!!!!!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't fumble the kneel down......lol

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just let out a deep breath, great job! So now the question is why the hell was Deebo inactive the last 3 weeks? The man still has it. Great job by the D and Bell. Ben was not all that sharp, and special teams obviously sucked. Great win to knock off the undefeated Chiefs, well done boys.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent game all around. We did it. This is how this Steelers team SHOULD be playing every week!!

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was much closer than it should have been based off of the Steelers dominating most of it. But that's what they do, they torture us. HAHA! We needed this win badly! Offense still not closing but the D came to play. Mike Mitchell is still a worthless POS. And, I agree, Deebo needs to play!

Thankfully the Ratbirds lost to the Bears at home! Have to win next week to make today's win really hold up. Bell really delivered today and Ben played much better. AB was a little sloppy until that great concentration catch for the TD. Ben is now 7-0 in games vs KC that he has started AND finished. Steelers can play with any team in this league if they really want to.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching... Wow where has this team been through 5 weeks? Good job by Tomlin bringing his boys to play today. Better all around, but still lots of work to do. Not too many penalties 6 for 57yds. Offense was decent today, but still only 4/11 on 3rd downs (36%). Good balanced play calling today though & largely controlled the game by dominating the TOP. Still questioned a few calls Haley made, especially on a couple of 3rd & short situations where he had Ben taking 6-8 step drops & looking deep. They got the job done though so I can't complain too much. Hopefully they figure out a way to get their 3rd down efficiency up. Defense surprised me the most. Holding the highest scoring offense to less than 10yds in a half? That's incredible. Couple of boneheaded plays late in the game as well as Butler going to the zone. They got lucky that Smith was missing so many wide open players. B

Offense... Left a lot of points off the board today. O-line looked decent. AVill & Hubbard had some issues but overall got the job done. Ben didn't light up the stat sheets but he looked better today. Aside from a couple of errant throws he looked much more decisive & accurate. He got real lucky on that last TD. That should have been intercepted. Would still like to see him spread the ball around more. AB had a roller coaster type day. Have to give him credit for not folding from all the mishaps early on (2 turnovers were a direct result of his decisions). Good clutch receptions from S-S. Gotta love his physical style of play. Need to find more ways to get Bryant the ball. Throwing long to Bell multiple times resulted in 4th downs today. C+

Defense... Helluva effort through 3 quarters today. D-line was dominating, linebackers were smothering, and the secondary was swarming. That was a playoff caliber performance today. Tuitt, Heyward & Hargrave were collapsing pockets left & right allowing open shots on the QB. Good to see V-Will capitalize. Cannot say enough about Hilton's contributions. He is finding ways to make HUGE plays weekly. 4th quarter the defense sort of unraveled. They went into that shell zone defense & got torched. Really painful to watch. Loved seeing Deebo come through in the clutch at the end of the game though. Very reminiscent of the '16 divisional round win. Eric Fisher will once again lose some sleep on the account of the silverback gorilla. They need to unleash Harrison more. B+

ST... Boz was perfect on the day & Berry did a decent job. Coverage units were ok but lost containment on a few pivotal ST plays. B-

Overall... They desperately needed this win. To respond in such a way on the road in a brutal environment was a big statement. Helluva team effort, but like I said there's still plenty of work to do. Notable injuries were Gilbert & V-Will. Gilbert reinjured his hammy & V-Will hurt his hip. B-

Outlook... Steelers head home to play the Bengals next week. Going to be a slugfest. Cincy's defense is somewhat flying under the radar as one of the best in the league right now. They are 2nd in total yards allowed per game behind the Broncos, and 2nd in points allowed per game. Make no mistake, that defense will be out for blood this week. And their offense has been steadily getting better. Dalton is being much safer with the ball and its paying dividends. Cincy had their bye week this weekend, so they will have had 2 full weeks of prep for the Steelers. Steelers need Gilbert & Foster to get healthy fast. No time to rest the vets Tomlin. Keep the foot pressed firmly down.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC this makes the 3rd straight win over KC...incl two win s in KC.

Coming off the really poor effort in the JAX game I think it was reasonable for us to expect a good effort vs KC...top team in the AFC.

One thing I think is becoming pretty clear now is the Steelers have a slight edge in the trenches vs KC on both sides of the ball...maybe more than slight.

OFC...3 of 5...1st down and goal at the 2 and settle for 3 gets you beat on the road. This is why I'll probably never be a big Haley fan. They get 6 off a fluke play...should have been picked and AB takes it for 6...great play on his part, but lot of luck in that one...take that away and all we have is a dominating performance by the OL and Bell. I've singled him out for his bad play I need to commend Hubbard today...he played great, and Finney was solid as he normally is backing up Foster. Pleased with the outcome of course, but they should've had 24+ pts....still would like to see more diversity...JJ is not showing any targets, but I know he had 1, McDonald 2, JSS 3...that worked in this one, but still only 2 TDs, one a fluke. Like seeing Connor get a few touches...I still think they can do better there.

DEF...4 of 5...the bigs inside are simply better than their G, C, G combo. Love the scheme by Butler this week. Brought heat constantly and effectively...Hilton had another solid game, obviously VWill. Only 3 sacks registered, but probably a half dz QB hits.....****I digress here. Did anyone else feel a little sickened watching that play where Mitchell hit Alex Smith low from behind...he got flagged and I'm glad he did get caught and hopefully an envelope from NY...I'm like WTF are you doing?!!!**** I've officially had it with Mitchell.

ST...3 of 5...coverage overall wasn't bad, kicking game, but a turnover knocks that grade down.

Outlook...Good AFC win pushes them to 4-2 going home to face the Bengals. With BAL losing to CHI (also) the Steelers are back in front of the DIV...some locker room issues Tomlin has to deal with...Bryant, but he's not going anywhere. Haley needs to figure out how to get more touches to the wide cast of weapons.

Of course we know CIN and PIT are not on the friendliest of terms, and we can expect a chippy hard fought game...If the OL plays like they did in KC I like them to go to 5-2.