• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 6 @ Browns

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True on all points there Midnight...they still control their own destiny, but it's doesn't look promising...idk how much difference Shazier & Jarvis Jones would make on the DEF, but I'm looking forward to getting them back...right now they look inept. The OFC is a head shaker...the pieces are there on that side of the ball.

My guess is that losing a couple WR's hurt Big Ben's timing and he and the replacements are still trying to get it worked out. So many times balls are juuuuuust off someone's fingertips, or juuuuuust over thrown.

They have to get it worked out quickly if we want to do anything substantial this season.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that losing a couple WR's hurt Big Ben's timing and he and the replacements are still trying to get it worked out. So many times balls are juuuuuust off someone's fingertips, or juuuuuust over thrown.

They have to get it worked out quickly if we want to do anything substantial this season.

They should've had it worked out long before now. That's what the offseason and preseason are for. 6 games in they should all be on the same page. Wheaton even worked out privately with Ben in the offseason, not that it shows at all right now.

I agree they better get the bugs worked out quickly or they're headed toward another 8-8 season, maybe 9-7 tops and no playoffs for the 3rd straigh year.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another move indicative of this organizations terrible asset management, waive Wesley Johnson so Ross Ventrone can come in and play gunner on special teams, Johnson gets claimed by the Jets, and another 5th round pick wasted.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another move indicative of this organizations terrible asset management, waive Wesley Johnson so Ross Ventrone can come in and play gunner on special teams, Johnson gets claimed by the Jets, and another 5th round pick wasted.

Yep, spot on...my thoughts on Colbert and the top of the staff in the fire Tomlin thread.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really saw C. Thomas ineptness this week...allowing the OL...#77 to block him (one time warded him off with 1 arm) AND get to the 2nd level on Timmons several times...cutback lanes were there all day for their RBs. Never thought I was say we need rookies to play, but Thomas should no longer be starting, get Tuitt in there...and Spence is a situational player, not a 3 down player...hopefully Shazier is back and hell I would rather see Shamarko make the mistakes Troy has been making.

I'm glad you finally saw C. Thomas' inpeptitude! I was beginning to feel like I was the only one that hated him lol. But get ready for Tuitt-time this week! McLendon has been declared out. And Keisel is hampered by a knee sprain. Tuitt should see a large dose of action, regardless of what happens at NT. McCullers will be activated this week and probably will start. Tomlin hinted at that quite a bit in his presser. He praised his work ethic and has said he is making big strides, etc etc. Tomlin doesn't go out of his way to say all that crap about a player if they are only going to be activated to provide depth. So expect Thomas & McCullers to split reps at NT. I think Tuitt is going to hold down DE and possibly rotate with Keisel if he is good to go. Regardless of how it all shakes out, I think we are going to see a larger dose of rookies this week. Including Shazier. Could be a rough night, but like you said, I'd much rather see rookies or younger players making those mistakes and learning than to see an old vet in there blowing assignments and/or getting destroyed.

I have been hearing talks about demoting Allen. IMO that isn't a good call. I think Allen is doing a decent job with little to no safety help. If the safeties ever got their act together then I think this secondary would look entirely different. Allen & Gay are serviceable and McCain could come in and start for either one, but I doubt he would do much better at the job than those 2.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad you finally saw C. Thomas' inpeptitude! I was beginning to feel like I was the only one that hated him lol. But get ready for Tuitt-time this week! McLendon has been declared out. And Keisel is hampered by a knee sprain. Tuitt should see a large dose of action, regardless of what happens at NT. McCullers will be activated this week and probably will start. Tomlin hinted at that quite a bit in his presser. He praised his work ethic and has said he is making big strides, etc etc. Tomlin doesn't go out of his way to say all that crap about a player if they are only going to be activated to provide depth. So expect Thomas & McCullers to split reps at NT. I think Tuitt is going to hold down DE and possibly rotate with Keisel if he is good to go. Regardless of how it all shakes out, I think we are going to see a larger dose of rookies this week. Including Shazier. Could be a rough night, but like you said, I'd much rather see rookies or younger players making those mistakes and learning than to see an old vet in there blowing assignments and/or getting destroyed.

I have been hearing talks about demoting Allen. IMO that isn't a good call. I think Allen is doing a decent job with little to no safety help. If the safeties ever got their act together then I think this secondary would look entirely different. Allen & Gay are serviceable and McCain could come in and start for either one, but I doubt he would do much better at the job than those 2.

C. Thomas...I guess I hadn't really been paying attention, but you made me focus on him and I didn't like what I saw either...allowing his man to get to the 2nd level multiple times...okay you got beat, but then he was nowhere to be found in the cutback lane either!! I can see why he was dumped in SD.

Youngsters...yeah...I'm looking forward to them playing regardless of the results...not giving up on the season @ 3-3, but these vets really don't have what it takes to be a playoff team so play these young guys now. I read that Bryant is likely to dress and play Monday night also.

Allen...clearly not playing like a #1 CB...just playing too soft in coverage conceding 1st yardage nearly every play...almost as if he doesn't trust the back end help...based on that TD to Cameron I can understand why. I'm not sure if the CBs really know what Troy will do or be from play to play.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tend to agree, the saftey play, especially in coverage dept has been lacking for years. Troy just can't cover, and for whatever reason Clark and now Mitchell are incapable of covering anyone in the traditional sense, just coming up and making a big hit after a ball is completed.

Unfortunately that type of safety isn't the way the NFL works anymore. If you can't play CF, then you shouldn't on the field, especially at FS.