• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 6 @ Browns

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of us feel the Steelers should be 4-1, and probably are not feeling real great about the team overall after last week. But, 3-2 is the reality and with BAL & CIN losing last week that's right there in the mix for the DIV

There was enough good to take away from the game last week for me to feel they can go into CLE and win this game.

Whose hurting? I know Face gets the local insight on injuries...hopefully he'll get a chance to chime in as the week goes on. What I do know is Shazier is getting closer to a return, might practice today, but I had to guess...week 7 might be the week...Shamarko Thomas has a hamstring, not supposed to be severe so he might be limited in practice this week...I can see them holding him back a week.

CLE...huge comeback win for them last week...I did catch some of it...much like the 1st Steeler game..TN was handling them quite well for a half, and they let up, the Browns didn't and they were able to finish the drill this time, thanks to some pretty awful play calls by TN...Statistically...although they have only played 4 games, the Browns are basically the Steelers...in terms PA & PA.

My thoughts on this game...Steelers must do a better job vs the run in this one...CLE averaged 6 yds a pop in the 1st game and that opened up the passing game in the 2nd half. They have some good RBs in West & Tate, but they're not THAT good.

Ben I think will comeback with a much better effort this week...he typically plays well in CLE...Moore hopefully has gotten out of the doghouse...he missed the 1st game of this matchup...maybe we see a few more touches for Archer this week.

I like the Steelers to win this week...just going off an improved effort by Ben, and the DEF coming off they're best game of the year...tackle runners better this week I think they win a close game.

PIT 21, CLE 20

What say you?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on this game...Steelers must do a better job vs the run in this one...CLE averaged 6 yds a pop in the 1st game and that opened up the passing game in the 2nd half. They have some good RBs in West & Tate, but they're not THAT good.

I have huge concerns about their ability to handle the line, and the backs. They've handled CAR, TB, and JAX. Carolina's backs all got injured that night, and TB/Jax have terrible running games, and all three teams are in the bottom 10 this year.

Cleveland has the 4th best rushing offense, I'm not optimistic the Steelers can handle them.

The only saving grace is that these are still the Browns, and the Steelers still have Ben, who tortures them.

I'm gonna go Browns 27 Steelers 23, Ben drops to 18-2 against Cleveland.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have huge concerns about their ability to handle the line, and the backs. They've handled CAR, TB, and JAX. Carolina's backs all got injured that night, and TB/Jax have terrible running games, and all three teams are in the bottom 10 this year.

Cleveland has the 4th best rushing offense, I'm not optimistic the Steelers can handle them.

The only saving grace is that these are still the Browns, and the Steelers still have Ben, who tortures them.

I'm gonna go Browns 27 Steelers 23, Ben drops to 18-2 against Cleveland.

Yeah, that bothers me, I'm not confident in them shutting them down, but keeping them out of the endzone and kicking FGs I hope.

Surprisingly they're 28th & 30th vs the pass and run themselves.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns are clearly better than their record, and better than anyone thought they'd be when the season began.

On a positive note, I don't think home field is a big advantage for Cleveland against our boys. The stands are always full of Steelers fans, and it's a short trip for the team. As mentioned above, Ben plays well there.

Another positive: there was definite improvement on both sides of the ball last Sunday.

I think, if we see four full quarters of football from the boys, they'll win by 3 to 7 pts.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns are clearly better than their record, and better than anyone thought they'd be when the season began.

On a positive note, I don't think home field is a big advantage for Cleveland against our boys. The stands are always full of Steelers fans, and it's a short trip for the team. As mentioned above, Ben plays well there.

Another positive: there was definite improvement on both sides of the ball last Sunday.

I think, if we see four full quarters of football from the boys, they'll win by 3 to 7 pts.

On a national level certainly...I think within the DIV they've earned a bit more respect...much like CIN...there are a lot of high 1st round talent on that squad. Hoyer is not well known outside of the DIV, but is a good player...I thought 6-10 to 8-8 at the outset when Josh Gordon was deemed out for the yr...they're about where I thought they would be thru 4.

Now that Gordon is due back sometime this season...they could surprise a lot of people.

Agree on the outcome...close, with PIT coming out on top if they sustain a high effort for 60 mins...I just think PIT is a notch above CLE on OFC

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OFF… Browns are starting to play better up front on defense, but good news for PIT is that injuries are surfacing on their D. Haden is probable to play with a hip issue, but could limit him. Winn & Kruger have missed practice this week as well. So they are a tad banged up, but all still likely to play. Regardless, if Ben plays like he did in week 1 for all 4 quarters then this should be an easy win. I don't CLE has the firepower to keep up, but PIT has the aptitude to make mistakes at inopportune moments which is all CLE would need to win this. PIT needs to improve in the RZ this week, so lets hope they can finish the drives they start.

DEF… Overall better play by the team was spearheaded by better play in the secondary. The D-line is still riding the roller coaster, but I still see improvements here and there. The OLBs will need to put better pressure on Hoyer if they want to throw their OFF out of rhythm. Moats has started to lose snaps to Harrison as the silverback regains his field conditioning. Should help a lot with the run game. I'm still a little concerned with Spence as he has yet to show much consistency. If Lebeau feels the same then I would hope to see V-Will injected somehow.

Injuries… Shazier has been improving day to day. They have been working him in individual drills which isn't promising for those that want him back this week. The word on the radio is that he is not likely to play against CLE. The words "extremely doubtful" have been tossed around quite a bit. But he is most likely eyeing his return against HOU on monday night. Shamarko was held out for the 2nd straight day so expect him to be inactive as well.

As scary as this sounds, this could turn into a shootout. But more of an "AFC North Shootout" if you catch my drift… CLE will be a very hostile environment this week, and they are riding a "high" after their last win. I'm sure they are licking their chops this week in hopes for revenge. It will be a grind, but I'm thinking PIT can win this one. I'm hoping for some more mojo from the defense and overall better play by the offense, particularly in the RZ (HEEEEEEAAAATHHHHH, maybe?).

Prediction: PIT 28 - CLE 24

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RZ...Haley is missing on the playcalls basically....I'm hopeful that will be fixed this week...too much talent on OFC to be bogging down inside the 20. I'm hearing Bryant is much further along now...will be interesting to see if he's active this week instead of DHB...doubtful if Shamarko can't go because they would leave them thin on ST.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Shazier & Shamarko have been declared out this week.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt DHB is going to lose his roster spot due to his ST play. Something that I don't think Martavis is built for, but I could be wrong. I think the only way that Bryant sees the field aside from injury is if J-Brown starts to play poorly. That would push Moore back into the slot and Bryant could take J-Brown's spot. But still very unlikely.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I checked, our boys are 2-point underdogs. Strangely, I think I like that. Complacency nearly killed us in Game One.

Local papers (I live in enemy territory) are reporting that the Browns' secondary is seriously banged up. If so, Ben could have a big day...and let's hope so.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I checked, our boys are 2-point underdogs. Strangely, I think I like that. Complacency nearly killed us in Game One.

Local papers (I live in enemy territory) are reporting that the Browns' secondary is seriously banged up. If so, Ben could have a big day...and let's hope so.

Haden's hip injury must be more serious than the initial reports… If he plays I hope it really hamper him. Not that AB has ever needed him to be in order to take advantage. AB always seems to have Haden's number. But Skrine & some UDFA would be their starters if Haden is declared inactive. That would be excellent news! lol

I doubt Pettine feels confident inserting Gilbert back into the fire after he had been abused to the point of being benched. But he may not have the choice this week.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt DHB is going to lose his roster spot due to his ST play. Something that I don't think Martavis is built for, but I could be wrong. I think the only way that Bryant sees the field aside from injury is if J-Brown starts to play poorly. That would push Moore back into the slot and Bryant could take J-Brown's spot. But still very unlikely.

No...you're right...all the reports are saying Bryant is not really a ST guy and DHB is...a bit odd since V. Williams can do it...Bryant being active would likely be predicated on J. Brown sliding as you said...J. Brown really plays like a tall slot...so far not much of a RZ target. It really seems like Bryant is going to have to take that job in practice somehow because I thought J. Brown had played himself out of the 4th spot in the CAR/TB games...but...he was right back in there last week and actually played ok.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea J-Brown is looking better. Not sure that I would start him over Lance Moore in the slot, because I would rather have a more reliable player in there. His drops & fumbles have cost them dearly. The coaches must have really fallen hard for J-Brown this offseason, because it sure is showing. But I would be interested to see him in the X-WR role for a couple RZ looks. They would only benefit from it so I don't see why not. It's kind of moronic to have both x & y receivers as 5'10" or 5'11" (AB & Wheaton) in the RZ. They should switch it up when they get inside the 10-15 yard line at least. It makes me curious to think how the WR's will shake out next year. Because if Wheaton continues to excel then will they move him out of the x-role? Not likely… Which only leaves a slot position to battle for. Haley will have to be more creative in his packages to get all the talent involved. Some sort of RZ rotation, like you have talked about each offseason, will be needed.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea J-Brown is looking better. Not sure that I would start him over Lance Moore in the slot, because I would rather have a more reliable player in there. His drops & fumbles have cost them dearly. The coaches must have really fallen hard for J-Brown this offseason, because it sure is showing. But I would be interested to see him in the X-WR role for a couple RZ looks. They would only benefit from it so I don't see why not. It's kind of moronic to have both x & y receivers as 5'10" or 5'11" (AB & Wheaton) in the RZ. They should switch it up when they get inside the 10-15 yard line at least. It makes me curious to think how the WR's will shake out next year. Because if Wheaton continues to excel then will they move him out of the x-role? Not likely… Which only leaves a slot position to battle for. Haley will have to be more creative in his packages to get all the talent involved. Some sort of RZ rotation, like you have talked about each offseason, will be needed.

I really see Wheaton moving to the slot if J. Brown or Bryant can become consistent WRs...at worst he will slide inside in the RZ...they can't continue to have to sub 6' targets inside the RZ and expect to be effective...they must get more size aside from Heath.

Plus the playcalls need to improve imo.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Browns!

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10703685_10203002074516381_5523000650528048277_n.jpg

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great playcalling. :L

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unreal how much stupid stuff goes on with this team.

Timeout after the quarter break, wheaton and Ben can't execute a simple curl route on 3rd and 3, and a botched FG.