• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 6 @ Browns

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone still think tomlin is a good coach? Do we see now, how fundamentally flawed this team has become? We are garbage with poor leadership, a "leadership" that can no longer hide its true acumen.

Fire Tomlin and the rest. We need to start this team over

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude disappeared, now is back with a bad game, go figure.........troll on son!:clap:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, who let the trolls in the yard????

Yea that's right... trolls....
And if the two trolls have to ask, and I know they will, I said TROLLS!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You couldn't be more right SteelersPride...

All around awful today. Ben looked miserable out there when it counted. He was able to pad his stats late in the game, but it certainly didn't cover up an all around awful performance. Something is clearly wrong with the play calling, or Haley & Ben are completely off the same page. It made absolutely no sense to keep "establishing the run" when they were down 2-3 TDs and the defense couldn't stop a blind man if they tried. Nobody seems to have the answer, but I can only hope as a fan that they get it turned around, like every week lol. Not sure how they could after 4 straight abysmal performances. I hate to keep pointing fingers at Haley... Beating the dead horse at this point.

I'm very fatigued with this ruitine the Steelers have after losing... More Tomlin question dodging and spouting off lines like "We'll make the necessary changes" or "We didn't do our jobs today"... Or even Keisel's "We took one on the chin today"... I'll try and give a better recap after my anger has subsided...

Rough season for us, but we'll keep "taking it on the chin" as faithful fans do. I'm still a Steelers fan and always will be, but I don't want to stay around for the carnage from the knee-jerking bandwagon fans that will most likely follow this post... Good luck to yinz that fight that good fight :suds:

1st time in a long time I didn't watch the entire game, and I deleted the DVR tape last night as well.

The only bright spot imo was Bell, but he couldn't do it alone....Troy P played poorly...2 missed assignments for big plays (10+ yrs in the league...c'mon)...Idk if Allen was supposed to have Mitchell or Troy as deep help on the TD to the TE, but he clearly was playing outside leverage had none inside deep.

I really saw C. Thomas ineptness this week...allowing the OL...#77 to block him (one time warded him off with 1 arm) AND get to the 2nd level on Timmons several times...cutback lanes were there all day for their RBs. Never thought I was say we need rookies to play, but Thomas should no longer be starting, get Tuitt in there...and Spence is a situational player, not a 3 down player...hopefully Shazier is back and hell I would rather see Shamarko make the mistakes Troy has been making.

OFC...Ben played poorly...wide of the mark far too many times...definitely not in sync with Wheaton for sure...Haley...clearly had an agenda of pounding the rock, and they were fairly successful with it...but when you get in the RZ you don't have the OL to just pounded in there man...wtf!!! He continues to put himself in obvious play call situations by wasting f---ing downs! As you said...if he can't see that running is a waste of time down 3 TDs, he really doesn't deserve to be an OC on any level.

Bottom line...get ready for the ride and hang on tight...this will be an up and down team all season!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns won...HOLY CRAP!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone still think tomlin is a good coach? Do we see now, how fundamentally flawed this team has become? We are garbage with poor leadership, a "leadership" that can no longer hide its true acumen.

Fire Tomlin and the rest. We need to start this team over

We saw the game...Do you really think we give a flying f--- about Tomlin? If the only time you're going to post is after a loss trying to reiterate your agenda...save it man, seriously. We are Steeler fans, Tomlin or nor Tomlin...the results will decide Tomlin's fate, not us a freakin DB.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw the game...Do you really think we give a flying f--- about Tomlin? If the only time you're going to post is after a loss trying to reiterate your agenda...save it man, seriously. We are Steeler fans, Tomlin or nor Tomlin...the results will decide Tomlin's fate, not us a freakin DB.

Reiterate my agenda?? GodDAMN you are stupid. Wake up moron. No shit we're Steeler fans, what does that have to do with anything??? Does it not bother you that our team's leadership is ineffective???

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats enough of the personal attacks .. Ie: calling people stupid or morons .. if you cant express yourself without doing that dont express yourself at all .. or I will fix it so you dont post at all

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reiterate my agenda?? GodDAMN you are stupid. Wake up moron. No shit we're Steeler fans, what does that have to do with anything??? Does it not bother you that our team's leadership is ineffective???

Team struggling fans call for the head coach's job...that normal DB stuff.

But, the only time you have anything to post is if the team loses and you want the HC fired...serious question...what else should I call it? As far as the rest of your post...if' you're that angered by what I posted, you need a diversion.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that we lost to Cleveland - it's that we got owned by Cleveland. And let's be honest, they were close to sweeping us.

We're in trouble, guys.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st time in a long time I didn't watch the entire game, and I deleted the DVR tape last night as well.

The only bright spot imo was Bell, but he couldn't do it alone....Troy P played poorly...2 missed assignments for big plays (10+ yrs in the league...c'mon)...Idk if Allen was supposed to have Mitchell or Troy as deep help on the TD to the TE, but he clearly was playing outside leverage had none inside deep.

I really saw C. Thomas ineptness this week...allowing the OL...#77 to block him (one time warded him off with 1 arm) AND get to the 2nd level on Timmons several times...cutback lanes were there all day for their RBs. Never thought I was say we need rookies to play, but Thomas should no longer be starting, get Tuitt in there...and Spence is a situational player, not a 3 down player...hopefully Shazier is back and hell I would rather see Shamarko make the mistakes Troy has been making.

OFC...Ben played poorly...wide of the mark far too many times...definitely not in sync with Wheaton for sure...Haley...clearly had an agenda of pounding the rock, and they were fairly successful with it...but when you get in the RZ you don't have the OL to just pounded in there man...wtf!!! He continues to put himself in obvious play call situations by wasting f---ing downs! As you said...if he can't see that running is a waste of time down 3 TDs, he really doesn't deserve to be an OC on any level.

Bottom line...get ready for the ride and hang on tight...this will be an up and down team all season!

Troy was embarrassingly bad, at some point you need to take him off the field, he's a liability.

And Timmons was the only good player on defense yesterday.

Offensively, might have to accept that Heath Miller isn't the same Heath Miller, he's constantly missing blocks, and is dropping passes now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy was embarrassingly bad, at some point you need to take him off the field, he's a liability.

And Timmons was the only good player on defense yesterday.

Offensively, might have to accept that Heath Miller isn't the same Heath Miller, he's constantly missing blocks, and is dropping passes now.

He was...before the announcer even mentioned it, I could tell that was his man running wide open....you're right Heath is not the same guy, but still an effective TE...what's scary though is we're bone dry behind him.

That said...Haley is just proving to be just OKAY and an OC...Spaeth is a big TE seldom used for passing...why not slip him into a pattern in the RZ...the point here is some creativity.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was...before the announcer even mentioned it, I could tell that was his man running wide open....you're right Heath is not the same guy, but still an effective TE...what's scary though is we're bone dry behind him.

That said...Haley is just proving to be just OKAY and an OC...Spaeth is a big TE seldom used for passing...why not slip him into a pattern in the RZ...the point here is some creativity.

Yeah, he's still a good player, but not the same player. He was generally so perfect in his assignments and his pass catching that even a slight slip is noticeable.

Agreed, if they are gonna dress Spaeth, might as well use him.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time for Haley to go. And though I've had great admiration for Dick LeBeau, I'm starting to wonder if he's keeping up with changing offensive strategies, and making the most of what he has.

I'm not ready to throw Tomlin under the bus. I think he knows the game as well as anyone...but he needs to kick discipline up a notch, or we'll never get to the big dance again.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can agree with this... but its a combination of alot of things not just one

Our offense can't find the endzone and our defense can't keep anyone out of it.

The only good news is that the division is a log jam right now since everyone has 3 wins.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense can't find the endzone and our defense can't keep anyone out of it.

The only good news is that the division is a log jam right now since everyone has 3 wins.

True on all points there Midnight...they still control their own destiny, but it's doesn't look promising...idk how much difference Shazier & Jarvis Jones would make on the DEF, but I'm looking forward to getting them back...right now they look inept. The OFC is a head shaker...the pieces are there on that side of the ball.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team struggling fans call for the head coach's job...that normal DB stuff.

But, the only time you have anything to post is if the team loses and you want the HC fired...serious question...what else should I call it? As far as the rest of your post...if' you're that angered by what I posted, you need a diversion.

I apologize, that wasnt right of me, just very frustrated by this team.