• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3: Seahawks vs Titans

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh well theres always next year

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is an L. Not the end of the world.

2 rough road games early in the season is no the end of the world.
No it's really not because this Titans team is pretty good but my biggest beef is the 6 possession/6 punt at the start of the game before the offense woke up. Left the D totally exposed.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol that sums up this game perfectly.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the key. We have to adapt. Bellicheck would adapt.

Exactly, why do you think the Patriots have 5 Super Bowls. It's because Belichick isn't fucking stubborn and doesn't stick to things that aren't working.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why does the offense only "wake up" when they are down two scores? why does the first 29 minutes have to be absolute garbage?

cant leave your D on the field in 100 degree weather and expect it to hold. its just not the same D at this point, cant defend the run consistently.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's over. I'm actually encouraged with the game, despite losing. Feel the Seahawks made some progress on offense, not enough for a win but improvement. Lots of mistakes, over thrown passes, dropped passes, and way to many flags. Those things can be addressed.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im pretty sure you are, it would appear you are the one who cant let it go.
lol, you need to take a look in the mirror my friend.

:laugh:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is an L. Not the end of the world.

2 rough road games early in the season is no the end of the world.
Yep, the wheels are coming off, it was just one frustrating early season loss when they have a history of early season road losses.

They will go 1-1 over the next two and after the bye if they are reasonably healthy I'd fully expect them to turn it on and do what they do.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's over. I'm actually encouraged with the game, despite losing. Feel the Seahawks made some progress on offense, not enough for a win but improvement. Lots of mistakes, over thrown passes, dropped passes, and way to many flags. Those things can be addressed.
They struggled too much in the first half, but overall the offense made some significant strides. They aren't dialed up fully yet by any means, but they are heading in the right direction.

The heat and imballanced TOP early just took too much out of that D for them to overcome it.

It was obvious they were going to lose midway through that 3rd quarter. They had nothing in the tank.

Come home and get out of that heat and get back to .500 next week.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 we started 1-2 against shittier teams and found a way into the playoffs. Stay calm.
Oh, I have no doubt the team will be in the play-offs and even win the division and have a home game. This division is weak right now. 10-6 takes it easy, imo. But this type of play won't get us anywhere in the post season and it's frustrating as hell to watch.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I have no doubt the team will be in the play-offs and even win the division and have a home game. This division is weak right now. 10-6 takes it easy, imo. But this type of play won't get us anywhere in the post season and it's frustrating as hell to watch.

I agree. Not going to get my hopes up. But any given Sunday it somehow clicks during the right time (similar to 2015 I believe and we only lost to the Panthers because we stupidly started Lynch after the team was running fine without him).

Long season left to go. 13 more games. Next week at home though is an absolute MUST win. If we lose next week my hopes are fairly demolished for the season.

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another slow start by the Seahawks, nothing new here so I won't freak out unless Baldwin is hurt. I am sick of the stupidity of this team though when it comes to the endless penalties. I'm also sick of the political BS also, from them and Trump because they know nothing of the struggles of the common family, so please get back to your jobs and STFU with your dumbass opinions which have no more merit than mine.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense had well over 400 yards. This one isn't just on the offense people. What about the defense giving the Titans first downs by penalties to extend drives themselves. Or the Run Defense that has been non-existent the past two weeks.

The Offense played well enough to win in this one and maybe that's all they needed was to be FORCED to play catch up after being down more than 1 score. The Defensive struggles against the run this short season is bad.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense had well over 400 yards. This one isn't just on the offense people. What about the defense giving the Titans first downs by penalties to extend drives themselves. Or the Run Defense that has been non-existent the past two weeks.

The Offense played well enough to win in this one and maybe that's all they needed was to be FORCED to play catch up after being down more than 1 score. The Defensive struggles against the run this short season is bad.
Think this games is about mistakes. Penaltys, over thrown passes, dropped passes, and allowing some big strikes against the defense. The last part could just be exhaustion to some degree, still need to clean that up. I found it encouraging to see the offense move the ball in the second half. If the offense would of done better the first half, the out come may of been different. The Titans are one of the powerhouses on offense, so the D needed the offense to do there part all game long and that didn't happen. Still, saw some light at the end of the tunnel today.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one am done with M. Bennett... On and off the field... Is he really making up for the offside penalties he's had this season with his play on the field along w/ his mouth? I personally don't think so... He was absolutely owned today... I'm getting so tired of his antics... Play football and don't get your arse handed to you on the field... Avril as well... These are costly pentalties that shortens the field for our opponent or better yet, gives them a new set of downs at times... We lead the league in defensive penalties over all along w/ offside penalties... That's a lack of discipline... This game was on the defense... Gave up too many big plays and lacked a lot of discipline with how they carried themselves...

upload_2017-9-24_17-19-41.png

upload_2017-9-24_17-18-46.png

upload_2017-9-24_17-21-35.png

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think this games is about mistakes. Penaltys, over thrown passes, dropped passes, and allowing some big strikes against the defense. The last part could just be exhaustion to some degree, still need to clean that up. I found it encouraging to see the offense move the ball in the second half. If the offense would of done better the first half, the out come may of been different. The Titans are one of the powerhouses on offense, so the D needed the offense to do there part all game long and that didn't happen. Still, saw some light at the end of the tunnel today.

The Offense got the team the lead with under 2 minutes to go before half and they went into the locker room LOSING. Then the offense comes out after Half time and scores on a 5+ min Drive and the defense shits the bed allowing the Titans to score again.

Sorry but this defense has issues right now stopping the run, They were not gassed or SHOULDN'T have been. Titans had the Ball for 32 minutes out of 60. Defense committed STUPID penalties that extended drives and they ended in point's. Seattles Defense was on the field for a total of 11 minutes of the 3rd and 4th quarters to the Hawks Offenses 19.

Steve Mariucci Even blamed this one more on the Hawks defense.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Offense got the team the lead with under 2 minutes to go before half and they went into the locker room LOSING. Then the offense comes out after Half time and scores on a 5+ min Drive and the defense shits the bed allowing the Titans to score again.

Sorry but this defense has issues right now stopping the run, They were not gassed or SHOULDN'T have been. Titans had the Ball for 32 minutes out of 60. Defense committed STUPID penalties that extended drives and they ended in point's. Seattles Defense was on the field for a total of 11 minutes of the 3rd and 4th quarters to the Hawks Offenses 19.

100% agree... The defense looked old today...