• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3: Seahawks vs Titans

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about just tipping your hat to a great offense? Yes penaltys were bad. This can be cleaned up.
I'm sorry to say Seahawk fans, but the Hawks aren't that good this season. I know it's early and they can probably win the NFC West with a 9-7 record. The Hawks just don't seem to have that edge this season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, Tobin and Aboushi looked like our new starters at RG and LT. Line looked better once they got out there if you ask me. Go figure two vets look better than guys playing his first year as a RG and LT. I Thought both should have been starters after what we saw in the preseason. Tobin is not great but he doesn't get fooled to often by spins, Swims and bull rushes. Aboushi Seems much stronger at the point of attack and didn't get burned on the hard outside to inside fake like Glowinski who gets burned on that every single time.

Maybe Pocic takes the starting RT spot soon? One can hope ( Move Ifedi back to Guard.)

I think our best line would look like this.
LT.......LG.....C........RG........RT
Tobin, Ifedi, Britt, Aboushi, Pocic

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to agree with that... I'd definitely be surprised if they did that... the NFL has gotten really good...
Yes I have noticed how good the NFL seems this season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry to say Seahawk fans, but the Hawks aren't that good this season. I know it's early and they can probably win the NFC West with a 9-7 record. The Hawks just don't seem to have that edge this season.
Guess we'll see.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointed in the loss but encouraged the offense finally got moving and yes the D got smoked in the third quarter but they'll rebound. Like I said, tough loss but maybe they're starting to put things together.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to agree with that... I'd definitely be surprised if they did that... the NFL has gotten really good...

Look at our next 5 games.

Indy
@Rams
@Giants
Houston
Redskins
Cardinals

Which of these games will we be NOT favored in?

Now part of my faith is based on my belief that PC will adapt and change the offense to an up tempo that suits it better. If that doesn't happen then I don't think we are anything more than a 1 and done in the playoffs. But PC is a good coach and will adjust, IMO.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Indy
@Rams
@Giants
Houston
Redskins
Cardinals

Now part of my faith is based on my belief that PC will adapt and change the offense to an up tempo that suits it better. If that doesn't happen then I don't think we are anything more than a 1 and done in the playoffs. But PC is a good coach and will adjust, IMO.

IDK Pete repeatedly talks about establishing the run game. Unlike you I don't feel that means one and done.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Indy
@Rams
@Giants
Houston
Redskins
Cardinals

I understand that but I ask you this... look at our team... We're not balanced...

I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to any of those teams... .

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans will be in the playoffs.

That's not saying much when you look at their Division. Houston could give them problems and if Jacksonville is for real ( they have a better PPG offense and Defense than the Titans) then it will be tough for them. I still think Houston and Jacksonville are just pretenders right now though.

You should have said " In MY OPINION the Titans will make the playoffs" instead of stating it like a fact.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not saying much when you look at their Division. Houston could give them problems and if Jacksonville is for real ( they have a better PPG offense and Defense than the Titans) then it will be tough for them. I still think Houston and Jacksonville are just pretenders right now though.

You should have said " In MY OPINION the Titans will make the playoffs" instead of stating it like a fact.
OK. Your right. So IMO the Titans will make the playoffs.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Indy
@Rams
@Giants
Houston
Redskins
Cardinals

We could open a 1 or 2 pt dog @Rams.

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we go 4-0 in Pre Season and then our offense looks like traffic on I-5 most days early in the season and are 1-2 with 13 games to play. Time to Freak, Worry, I think not! The D when not exhausted shows it's 1-A or 1-B in the league and it's stars are playing up to their billings and pay grade. Of course, the mental errors have got to stop or be greatly curtailed if we want to repeat our SB success. However on offense, only Baldwin has earned his pay. RW, despite his best day this year has missed too many open receivers in the previous games and today. Graham, also had his best day of the season, even IMO the OL, but until they gel, we need to pass to set up the ground game.
I don't know, but even though we lost, I saw more today in the 2nd half to believe the Seahawks are learning and biding their time until it really counts which is the last 3rd of the season and the playoffs. The offense though has to control the ball longer or the D will be so worn out or so injured they can't play at a SB level. And no one will ever expect our O to function to that expectation.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not clear on one point: Titans got the ball back with just under two minutes. The Seahawks had called one time out that I remember. The broadcast showed 2 time outs remaining. The Titans ran once and the Seahawks called time out. The Titans ran it a second time and the broadcaster said that they called time out, and the clock kept moving. Suddenly the second time out was gone.

What did I miss here? It wasn't just me, but everyone in the room (6 people) saw the same thing. I guess that the game production staff screwed up? Or was there something else going on that I missed?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not clear on one point: Titans got the ball back with just under two minutes. The Seahawks had called one time out that I remember. The broadcast showed 2 time outs remaining. The Titans ran once and the Seahawks called time out. The Titans ran it a second time and the broadcaster said that they called time out, and the clock kept moving. Suddenly the second time out was gone.

What did I miss here? It wasn't just me, but everyone in the room (6 people) saw the same thing. I guess that the game production staff screwed up? Or was there something else going on that I missed?
They lost a time out when the lineman went down and had to come out under the 2 minute mark. I can't remember who it was , Aboushi maybe.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost a time out when the lineman went down and had to come out under the 2 minute mark. I can't remember who it was , Aboushi maybe.

That explains it. Thanks.