• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap when's the last time VT sent out 14 offers in two days, most of them out-of-staters too. Even for the kids that wont consider VT much, it'll be great to build new relationships with schools/HS coaches, which can only help in the future. I'm excited about the direction VT recruiting is going.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Jalyn Holmes' twitter, he's visiting Knoxville for the Spring Game on April 20. Also sounds like he doesn't plan to visit VT in the near future.

Don't think it had been posted yet, so thought I'd share. I'm a longtime reader, first time poster. This board is $ for good info.

This is OK. He's visited VT like 3-4 times already. I still like our chances in this one. It's still possible he'll visit again this spring (April 6th maybe?)

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds pretty bleak on jalyn holmes to be honest and has been for a while. as far as all the positive talk on him still favoring VT...i'll believe it when i see it

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW I saw Hand in person today, was wearing a BAMA jacket.

Bucky Hodges was wearing an Ohio State jacket about this time last year. Hand is VT and Michigan right now.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah .. Hand is VT and Michigan, with Bama a close 3rd, and UF and USC-e on the outside looking in.

Street appears to be UGA/FSU. It's good to know that VT is still in it. I think that some other commits on the DL could help us here. If you can't beat em, join em kinda thing.

From what I've read, a small showing at this junior day .. mainly Kelleher, Reavis, Herndon, and Armstrong (from '15) I believe.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, that's extremely disappointing... Thought we had an excellent shot to land him.

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought this was supposed to be a huge year for us for recruiting? Not to sound pessimistic, but so far we are getting beaten by UVA, and it seems like they are getting the upper hand on a lot of guys that we had high hopes for.
Obviously, this may change in the next month or so, but I just hate seeing these fucks beat us out for these recruits. And the board has been pretty quiet recently with good news.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly wouldn't go that far. Moss is a disappointment, but we knew going in that Blanding was going to UVA.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seemed like moss was a uva guy to me, not surprised.

This^^. But it is still disappointing that the top OL in VA, potentially a Top 100-150 in the country picks UVa over VT. I was hoping with the arrival of Grimes that he could at least have made a push for Moss and kept his recruitment open for a bit. Then again maybe Grimes isn't terrible impressed with Moss and didn't contact him or something? Whatever the case, not an enormous loss for VT, IF they can still score several really good OL guys....we will see how he does with the rest of class.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This^^. But it is still disappointing that the top OL in VA, potentially a Top 100-150 in the country picks UVa over VT. I was hoping with the arrival of Grimes that he could at least have made a push for Moss and kept his recruitment open for a bit. Then again maybe Grimes isn't terrible impressed with Moss and didn't contact him or something? Whatever the case, not an enormous loss for VT, IF they can still score several really good OL guys....we will see how he does with the rest of class.

Agreed. We don't need to be losing Top 100-150 OL talent from va to a team we have beat for the last decade straight. I look forward to hearing better news in the upcoming weeks..

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice recap, according to this site Noah Brown (4* ATH/RB from NJ) and Izzo who are teammates may be considered leans to VT. Not sure how accurate this is. Not holding my breathe on 2 NJ kids.

I think this has been mentioned before (maybe even by me??), but there is a glaring discrepancy between the measurables of Mike Herndon on Rivals (6'5 320 lbs) and 247 (6'3 265 lbs). Anyone know for sure? I am hoping the latter is more accurate. I think he commits soon.

Also mentioned in this article and confirmed on 247. Dallas Rivers committed to Vanderbilt.

Last edited by a moderator:

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not sure if i'd call the NJ boys VT leans (though this is Izzo's first major offer I think) .. but we DEFINITELY seem to be in the thick of it. Seems like we're taking a new interest in the Northeast and parts of Big10 country (probably smart to stay away from Ohio and Michigan and not waste much time there). We've had success in Indiana, it's not THAT far away, so why the hell not?

Herndon is closer to 305 from what i've heard, not 250

Kelleher seems to REALLY like VT and Coach Grimes likes him ... and it doesn't sound like Coach Grimes was too broken up about losing Moss .. Word is that he wasn't that crazy about several OL offers that went out before he got here .. though they would be honored if it came down to it .. and no one has made mention of which offers he wasn't crazy about.