• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season So Far-Week 2

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Season So Far-week –Week 2

1st 4: Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State

2nd 4: Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Auburn, Notre Dame

3rd 4: Stanford, Penn St, Washington, Virginia Tech

Analysis: Clemson drops to 2nd, after cutting it bit close with the Aggies. Pass defense was riddled. Ohio State continues to look impressive. Oklahoma won, but lost their best runner. Notre Dame still there despite a small letdown. Stanford could be the big darkhorse.

Playoff Teams: Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma.

Analysis: All 4 could run the table, but likely won’t. Notre Dame and Wisconsin seem to be the best bets to challenge them. Clemson needs a good comeback this weak.

Most disappointing: Texas, North Carolina, Florida State, Michigan State

Analysis: Texas and Florida State barely scrapped by inferior losses after week 1 losses. Michigan State has their 2 bad outing in a row and looks like an afterthought in the Big 10. North Carolina really looks disappointing.

Most Surprising: Boston College, Hawaii and Maryland

Analysis: None of these 3 teams should compete for a playoff spot, but Hawaii could challenge for NY Day Bowl game. Boston College could yet compete for ACC. A tough schedule leaves that in doubt. Maryland a surprise in the Big 10, but the toughest games are yet to come.

Heisman Trophy: Jonathan Taylor, Bryce Love, Will Grier, Nick Bosa

Analysis: Hard to believe a defensive player could win this, but both Ed Oliver and Nick Bosa are having great seasons. Jonathan Taylor is clear leader after Steller week running for over 200 yards. Bryce Love come back with excellent week and is still a strong contender. A trio of young QB’s could still make a splash including Tua T, Dwayne Haskins, and Kyler Murray.

Big 3 Games of the Week: Ohio State-TCU, LSU-Auburn, Alabama-Mississippi

Analysis: Big test for OSU if they want to make the playoffs. Defense for OSU should be the difference. Ohio State by 10. LSU and Auburn could be close and should determine the main challenger for Alabama. Auburn is at home and LSU QB is hurting. Auburn by 7. Alabama’s all around game should be too much for Mississippi. Mississippi is always capable of an upset but they don’t have the athletes. Alabama should pull away in the 2nd half and win by 14-17.

Big games in September and early October

Auburn-Miss State, Georgia-LSU, Arizona State-Washington, Michigan-Wisconsin, Notre Dame-Stanford, Ohio State-Penn State, Oregon-Stanford, Virginia Tech-Notre Dame

Analysis: Notre Dame-Stanford could eliminate a playoff contender. Ohio State-Penn State and Michigan-Wisconsin could determine if the Big 10 will get a playoff contender.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawaii won't challenge for a NYD bowl.

That's going to come down to USF, UCF, and Boise St. I'd
offer Cincinnati as a possibility and Toledo if they can upset Miami,F
on 9/15.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how you can put Clemson tier 1 after watching their secondary get shredded.
I'd have Oklahoma ahead of them right now, without question. Only problem - this isn't made up - there's a reason chance Clemson goes the entire regular season without facing a ranked team, so they're almost a 100% lock for the playoffs at this point. However, one dumb slip-up like they are wont to do may end up sinking them.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how you can put Clemson tier 1 after watching their secondary get shredded.

Early in the season and I'm not ready to downgrade Clemson quite yet. Most of the top teams have been playing cupcakes. AM at home can be tough and their QB had a great game.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawaii won't challenge for a NYD bowl.

That's going to come down to USF, UCF, and Boise St. I'd
offer Cincinnati as a possibility and Toledo if they can upset Miami,F
on 9/15.

Hawaii doesn't play Boise in the regular season. I can see them going 11-1. Defense is porous but the schedule is not tough.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have Oklahoma ahead of them right now, without question. Only problem - this isn't made up - there's a reason chance Clemson goes the entire regular season without facing a ranked team, so they're almost a 100% lock for the playoffs at this point. However, one dumb slip-up like they are wont to do may end up sinking them.

Virginia Tech is still there. No match with Clemson, but they do play Notre Dame. Advantage Clemson.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia Tech is still there. No match with Clemson, but they do play Notre Dame. Advantage Clemson.
VT will VT, IMO. They're good but not great. Honestly, after Clemson, I doubt there's a team in the ACC with more than 9 wins at season's end.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT will VT, IMO. They're good but not great. Honestly, after Clemson, I doubt there's a team in the ACC with more than 9 wins at season's end.

A lot of bottom feeders in the ACC. Wake, NC St, Boston College, Duke, Syracuse all undefeated along with Clemson and Va Tech. Doubt if any except Clemson would win at Texas AM. Clemson should be able to run the table unless they take someone lightly.

Undefeated regular seasons not easy to pull off.