• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are officially out of the LA mix. LA was not impressed again. What is going on over there.

Report: Aldridge wasn't 'wooed' by Lakers in second meeting - CBSSports.com

Looks like its between Spurs and winning or Suns and money with a chance of winning.

As I expected, the Lakers did little to change their status with Aldridge with just Mitch and B. Scott in the room. I stated that should have not bothered with the second meeting with Aldridge. They may have contributed to their own embarrassment again.

The Lakers need to rebuild a lot of things and they should start with this young group of talented players they already have and just let this FA period go this year. They'll be a place for the Lakers in subsequent years' FA periods but we are just not that far enough along to be perceived as a place to go. Just let it go.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Im just shocked how Lakers and Knicks are the laughing stock of the NBA. Its so weird to see players not want to go there. I remember when Monroe some what mention he was 100% going the knicks. Guess what that didn't happen. I don't players want to play with Kobe and Melo. That's the only thing I can come up with.

Knicks are being smart and not caving in to what is out there. Better for them to be patient. The Lakers with Kobe this year are just not attractive. Also, state taxes start making a really, really big deal when you are talking about $100M plus in salaries and endorsements.

Knicks have not been good since Riley left. The Lakers since Phil left......

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Gotta love the clown purguy making fun of the wade contract.

1) it is a reward to him for sacrificing for Miami his entire career.

2) it's a one year deal. Based on how he played last year it is actually well deserved on a one year deal.

3) I much rather give wade that contract than pay these ridiculous role players 16-18 million yearly. I can still count on Wade to score 20+ ppg and be very efficient

Agreed. It was the right thing to do. Lebron cost his 10 million and the Heat just made up $4 million of the difference. Wade has 3 times in his career brought a championship to the team that drafted him. Can't be said for anyone else in his draft class as of yet.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard from a reliable source that Lamarcus Aldridge met with Warriors management this morning. He is interested in coming off the bench for Draymond Green. Joe Lacob told Aldridge at the end of the meeting saying "come play for a champion"

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just heard from a reliable source that Lamarcus Aldridge met with Warriors management this morning. He is interested in coming off the bench for Draymond Green. Joe Lacob told Aldridge at the end of the meeting saying "come play for a champion"

If that was the pitch, he probably just pushed him to San Antonio unless he really, really loves California and paying state taxes. LOL!!

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that was the pitch, he probably just pushed him to San Antonio unless he really, really loves California and paying state taxes. LOL!!
Well if winning is most important and there's a chance he could join the current champs then THAT probably is his best option. If he cares more about the money & a "possibility" of winning then SA would probably be the best option.

Lets remember, SA couldn't get past the Clips with their current roster....and the Warriors are better than the Clips. But, I doubt he ends up in GS.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks are being smart and not caving in to what is out there. Better for them to be patient. The Lakers with Kobe this year are just not attractive. Also, state taxes start making a really, really big deal when you are talking about $100M plus in salaries and endorsements.

Knicks have not been good since Riley left. The Lakers since Phil left......

Phil+Knicks= Garbage.

Alot easier to win when you have Jordan, Pippen, Kobe, Shaq and others in their prime.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iman's new haircut

CI7zBvxUcAE1ilU.png

That's what's a new contract will get you.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love the clown purguy making fun of the wade contract.

1) it is a reward to him for sacrificing for Miami his entire career.

2) it's a one year deal. Based on how he played last year it is actually well deserved on a one year deal.

3) I much rather give wade that contract than pay these ridiculous role players 16-18 million yearly. I can still count on Wade to score 20+ ppg and be very efficient
This coming from a Heats fan. Im sorry he isn't worth 20 mill. He got 3 rings that is good enough. Pver paying for injured player who isn't elite anymore is crazy. I would say the same thing if Bulls offer Rose a 20 mill contract after this one runs out. Don't be a Homer BK. We all know u are a Homer but for once look at it from the other side. Im not bashing Miami. i have stated multiple times that I like miami and their roster. So make it sound like Im a hater. Facts are Facts and this 20 mill isn't not a good move.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This coming from a Heats fan. Im sorry he isn't worth 20 mill. He got 3 rings that is good enough. Pver paying for injured player who isn't elite anymore is crazy. I would say the same thing if Bulls offer Rose a 20 mill contract after this one runs out. Don't be a Homer BK. We all know u are a Homer but for once look at it from the other side. Im not bashing Miami. i have stated multiple times that I like miami and their roster. So make it sound like Im a hater. Facts are Facts and this 20 mill isn't not a good move.

Says who? If Wade were to have gone to any team, Miami wouldn't have been able to go in any other direction (maybe Ellis, but that's it). It's a one year deal, all it does is inflate the luxury tax that Arison has to sign. This doesn't handicap Miami long term like the Kobe contract did for the Lakers. I'm not sure why this concept is so hard to grasp.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL MJ as an owner to Lebron as an owner is complete opposites. Lebron is a genius at recruiting players, MJ hasnt had the experience of doing it like Lebron. Lebron would be a great GM IMO

:L You really need to just stop. Lebron has never had to recruit players to play for a team that he wasn't going to be playing on. You have no idea how he'd be recruiting them as a GM. People thought it would be easy for MJ. That players would want to play for him just because he's MJ. Hasn't quite worked out that way.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's what you're not grasping.
If we don't sign Wade, we replace him with nothing or next to nothing because we are still capped out.
It cost Arison some tax money. As a fan, who cares?

So, are our chances better to succeed with or without Wade this year?
The answer is with, so it was a no brainer.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what you're not grasping.
If we don't sign Wade, we replace him with nothing or next to nothing because we are still capped out.
It cost Arison some tax money. As a fan, who cares?

So, are our chances better to succeed with or without Wade this year?
The answer is with, so it was a no brainer.

Turnup, this boy just doesn't get it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says who? If Wade were to have gone to any team, Miami wouldn't have been able to go in any other direction (maybe Ellis, but that's it). It's a one year deal, all it does is inflate the luxury tax that Arison has to sign. This doesn't handicap Miami long term like the Kobe contract did for the Lakers. I'm not sure why this concept is so hard to grasp.
He wasn't going to leave. If u offered 16 mill again he would of stayed. He loves south beach and Miami. Only way he was leaving was if u offered under 12 mill. No team would of offered anything close to that and he knew that. Im just saying 20 mill is a lot and it some what screwed u from adding any players this year. Can miami live with this contract yes but its an unusually move from Pat. Not like him.