• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love the clown purguy making fun of the wade contract.

1) it is a reward to him for sacrificing for Miami his entire career.

2) it's a one year deal. Based on how he played last year it is actually well deserved on a one year deal.

3) I much rather give wade that contract than pay these ridiculous role players 16-18 million yearly. I can still count on Wade to score 20+ ppg and be very efficient

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt know this, but on draft night the Cavs tried to trade the Haywood contract and their 1st rounder for George Hill. Indiana declined obviously.
No one should be surprised by this. I mean Haywood and what, the 29th pick in the first round for George Hill? :pound:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iman's new haircut

CI7zBvxUcAE1ilU.png

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love the clown purguy making fun of the wade contract.

1) it is a reward to him for sacrificing for Miami his entire career.

2) it's a one year deal. Based on how he played last year it is actually well deserved on a one year deal.

3) I much rather give wade that contract than pay these ridiculous role players 16-18 million yearly. I can still count on Wade to score 20+ ppg and be very efficient
I think it was a great deal on both parts. They rewarded him for the sacrafices he made in salary the seasons they had the big 3 and also for his loyalty to the franchise when things weren't always rosey. I'm not mad at the deal at all...especially since it's only one year. I think they worked that out great.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami signed Winslow so that should end all the ridiculous speculation about him being tossed around in a potential deal for Aldridge

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a great deal on both parts. They rewarded him for the sacrafices he made in salary the seasons they had the big 3 and also for his loyalty to the franchise when things weren't always rosey. I'm not mad at the deal at all...especially since it's only one year. I think they worked that out great.

Exactly. I think comparing it to the kobe deal is ridiculous because this is a one year thing, not a multi year deal. Also it is deserved because even though Wade was the best player on Miami from 2004-2010 he was never giving a max or close to a max contract & was never the highest paid player

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I think comparing it to the kobe deal is ridiculous because this is a one year thing, not a multi year deal. Also it is deserved because even though Wade was the best player on Miami from 2004-2010 he was never giving a max or close to a max contract & was never the highest paid player
Interesting...I did not know he never had a max contract and wasn't the highest paid player on that team. Not even when he & Shaq played together?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the concept of the deal is similar to Kobe's deal. Each franchise recognized these guys ARE their franchise players and treated them as such.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting...I did not know he never had a max contract and wasn't the highest paid player on that team. Not even when he & Shaq played together?

Nope. When they traded Shaq, the following seasons the highest paid guys were Marion & Jernaine Oneal

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami signed Winslow so that should end all the ridiculous speculation about him being tossed around in a potential deal for Aldridge

It's all speculation, but the 'supposed' offer was Deng, Chalmers, McRoberts and possibly Whiteside in a sign and trade.

I'm against it if Whiteside is included, but I could see Riley doing it (assuming Portland agreed) to dump the other salaries.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This actually makes sense....

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo...

imo same concept involved...
I think it sends a message to the rest of the league as well. The guys that are business oriented will understand this franchise recognizes how valuable their players are and that they won't just toss them out with the trash when they get old. Another franchise that's been good to it's players is SA.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This actually makes sense....

They "think"?
I don't think it takes a multi hour meeting(or whatever it was) to put that thought in is head.
Are you suggesting he signs a 1 year max with Portland now?
I don't see any other team giving him that option.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it sends a message to the rest of the league as well. The guys that are business oriented will understand this franchise recognizes how valuable their players are and that they won't just toss them out with the trash when they get old. Another franchise that's been good to it's players is SA.

Agree to a point, but no way was Riley going to let his team turn into shit for multiple years to make that point.
Wade is being paid a fair wage next year. Nothing more, nothing less.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to a point, but no way was Riley going to let his team turn into shit for multiple years to make that point.
Wade is being paid a fair wage next year. Nothing more, nothing less.
Of course. A one year deal is all it took as clearly Wade was happy with it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why Wade didn't opt for a longer contract with less per year.

He's the exact type of player that should value long-term security over next season's salary, IMO. Is this just another promise from Pat Riley, "take this deal now... it will help me carry out my grand master plan... and we'll take care of you next summer" ??

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why Wade didn't opt for a longer contract with less per year.

He's the exact type of player that should value long-term security over next season's salary, IMO. Is this just another promise from Pat Riley, "take this deal now... it will help me carry out my grand master plan... and we'll take care of you next summer" ??
I would imagine because when the cap goes up so will his chances of making more money should he still be able to play. I think that's important to vets who are closer to the end of their careers.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine because when the cap goes up so will his chances of making more money should he still be able to play. I think that's important to vets who are closer to the end of their careers.

Yeah, its a gamble though, unless he has a wink-wink from the Heat (very possible).

As we've seen the last few days... free agents are taking the long term deals... valuing the security over a higher salary. And these are all-star caliber players. Unless you're in the Durant - LeBron - Davis stratosphere... there is serious risk in taking a short deal with the plan to cash out later.

Wade was close to that level of player at one time... but right now with his age and health... he's the poster child of who should be valuing long term deals.