• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not much going on this weekend, this could take awhile, maybe longer than Lebron last summer.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, its a gamble though, unless he has a wink-wink from the Heat (very possible).

As we've seen the last few days... free agents are taking the long term deals... valuing the security over a higher salary. And these are all-star caliber players. Unless you're in the Durant - LeBron - Davis stratosphere... there is serious risk in taking a short deal with the plan to cash out later.

Wade was close to that level of player at one time... but right now with his age and health... he's the poster child of who should be valuing long term deals.
I see your point, however, Riley obviously wasn't going to give him that multi-year deal that would pretty much put a choke hold on their future plans. Especially with the fact that Wade sits out every other game during the reg season. Think of if this way. What if he retires after next season due to injury? If he had a multi-year deal the team would still be on the hook to pay him.

ragman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about the signing of Matthews by Dallas.

I've heard that with the kind of injury that Matthews had, an Achilles injury, only about 40% of NBA players come back from it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why Wade didn't opt for a longer contract with less per year.

He's the exact type of player that should value long-term security over next season's salary, IMO. Is this just another promise from Pat Riley, "take this deal now... it will help me carry out my grand master plan... and we'll take care of you next summer" ??

I don't think it was an option.
Nobody was giving Wade some giant multi year contract now, and next summer he's what? 34-35?

His best shot a multi year payday will be after the cap goes up.
He's betting on himself to stay healthy this season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on seeding, and obviously health (same for every other team), but how have you improved?
Those scoring droughts KILL you. It happens almost every game.
Coaching. I think we will be a better team with a new coach. Thibs is a great coach but his time was up. He struggled in the playoffs. I think we will have better rotations, we drafted a nice player, and Rose now played a year with the knee he should be a lot better. I don't think we will have those scoring droughts with this new offense. Also wouldn't shock me if we made a decent trade with either Gibson or Noah. Im leaning towards gibson because next year Noah will be nice trade bait with an expiring contract.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about Melo, but it's not true about Kobe. Sure there are a few that are "scared" of his non-filtered approach, however, there have been stars that were willing to GO to LA to play with him. KG & CP3 are a couple. It's interesting how the league made sure that didn't happen. Kobe isn't the type and never has been the type to cut corners or join another team just at a better chance at winning.
ITs just crazy not to see players pick Lakers. Im hearing you guys are back in the mix with LA.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt know this, but on draft night the Cavs tried to trade the Haywood contract and their 1st rounder for George Hill. Indiana declined obviously.
that would of been the dumbest trade ever. Cavs would have to throw in Vaj or Moz and another 1st rd pick.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about the signing of Matthews by Dallas.

I've heard that with the kind of injury that Matthews had, an Achilles injury, only about 40% of NBA players come back from it.
It almost takes Dallas out of the LA or Jordan mix. They would have to trade someone to make it happen. I was hoping the Bulls would of made a run for Mathews.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ITs just crazy not to see players pick Lakers. Im hearing you guys are back in the mix with LA.
Yea there was a second meeting yesterday.
Honestly, when Phil was the coach I think it was easier, paired with the franchises' storied history of winning, to get guys to play there. But all it will take is a couple of winning seasons and I'm sure they will flock back.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would of been the dumbest trade ever. Cavs would have to throw in Vaj or Moz and another 1st rd pick.
What about Varejo is attractive to other teams? His on court abilities are awesome but he's not on the court enough to out weigh the fact he's often injured.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching. I think we will be a better team with a new coach. Thibs is a great coach but his time was up. He struggled in the playoffs. I think we will have better rotations, we drafted a nice player, and Rose now played a year with the knee he should be a lot better. I don't think we will have those scoring droughts with this new offense. Also wouldn't shock me if we made a decent trade with either Gibson or Noah. Im leaning towards gibson because next year Noah will be nice trade bait with an expiring contract.

I think you do need to unload Noah, because it just looks like he can't coexist with Gasol.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Varejo is attractive to other teams? His on court abilities are awesome but he's not on the court enough to out weigh the fact he's often injured.

His mustache?
upload_2015-7-3_12-52-20.jpeg

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very true. I was just thinking of something off the top of my head that at least makes better sense then that off that the cavs made. I also Heard they wanted to sign Dunleavy and he said no way. LOL

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you do need to unload Noah, because it just looks like he can't coexist with Gasol.
yes but I think next year is the year for that. We can get more in return. This year his value wouldn't be as high because he is coming off a really bad playoffs and an injury. Next year he will have a 12-13 mill dollar expiring contract. We can get something for that. He still isn't a bad player but he isn't Top 5 anymore at his position.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very true. I was just thinking of something off the top of my head that at least makes better sense then that off that the cavs made. I also Heard they wanted to sign Dunleavy and he said no way. LOL
Yea well I already knew he wasn't going there. Cleveland isn't an ideal destination for guards because Kyrie likes to shoot a lot. Then you add LBJ to the mix and there aren't many touches left.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without trying to be a homer....

But, Phoenix literally makes no sense.
They are not going to be anything more than a fringe darkhorse team at best.
At age 30, does Aldridge believe they are going to be good enough to beat GSW, OKC, LAC, and SAS??

Why would Aldridge leave the Blazers for that situation??
On Paper Portland with LA is better than Phoenix with LA.

I can see reasons for the Lakers (its the freaking lakers and he lives there fulltime)
I can see reasons for the Blazers (its the only team he knows, 50+ win squad, they can pay the most)
I can see reasons for the Spurs (Texas native, no state tax, established winner, his family lives in SA)

But, the only reason for Phoenix seems to be that maybe they can contend if everything breaks perfectly.