• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things Jim Harbaugh has done (it's amazing)

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO — they are the best of the teams in the tier below Alabama and Clemson.

Bama had played in 4 straight national championship games before this year.

Clemson has played in the national championship game in 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020.

Ohio State has played for the national championship once in 2015.

If just getting to the CFP means you are at Clemson and Bama’s level. Oklahoma would be there. They have been 4 or 5 times I think.

It isn’t meant as disrespect to OSU — It is just Bama and Clemson have been that dominate!!
Like I said, OsU is not up to their level but there isn’t some massive gap between Clemson/Bama and OSU.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, OsU is not up to their level but there isn’t some massive gap between Clemson/Bama and OSU.

OSU doesn’t have a win in the CFP since 2014-2015.

Do I think it is a massive gap? No. Do I think Bama and Clemson are on a tier of their own? Yes.

Below them are a handful of teams. The Georgia, LSU, OSU, Oklahoma, etc and I think OSU is the best of that tier right now.

I thought this year was OSU’s year with the type of players they had on defense with Young and Okudah, but it wasn’t meant to be.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just comparing them to the current top teams (Bama and Clemson). I guess we could go back 50 years, but dynasties seem to change every 5-10 years in college football. Right now, it's Bama and Clemson and no one else is really close. I was simply stating in my response that you quoted, that one close loss doesn't jump them up into the same category as Clemson and Bama. Just my opinion. Things change quickly in college football and Ohio State has the talent to jump up there.

So our win in 2014 does not count?

Sounding like Michigan man logic from you.....

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be considered on the same level as Bama and Clemson. It is about consistency. OSU won it in 2015, but missed the CFP in 2016, 2018, 2019 and in 2017 they made the CFP and lost 31-0. This year’s team was the best OSU team they’ve had, IMO, and they came up short against Clemson.

I would put OSU on the top of the 2nd tier of elite programs, but right now — Clemson and Bama are in a tier of their own.

Clemson and Bama are in the top tier because of what they’ve done over time. OSU has the NC in 2015, but zero CFP wins since and 3 years where they didn’t make it. So impossible to put them even near the level of those two teams.

Bama didn't even make it this year to the CFP but they are top tier.

More Michigan man logic....

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So our win in 2014 does not count?

Sounding like Michigan man logic from you.....

It definitely counts and is a big reason why they are the top team of the 2nd tier group.

But OSU missed the CFP 3 times and lost to Clemson the other two times they made the CFP.

Bama played in 4 straight national championship games prior to this year.

Clemson has played in 4 of the last 5 national championship games.

It will take a team going on a run like Bama and Clemson have to get up the tier they are at.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So,Ohio State has been to 3 of 6 playoffs. Bama and Clemson have been to 5. Ohio State has lost 8 games in 6 years, Alabama has lost 8, and Clemson has lost 7, but Ohio State isn’t even close to Clemson or Alabama?

Stop using logic on them.

Why we all laugh at Michigan fans.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely counts and is a big reason why they are the top team of the 2nd tier group.

But OSU missed the CFP 3 times and lost to Clemson the other two times they made the CFP.

Bama played in 4 straight national championship games prior to this year.

Clemson has played in 4 of the last 5 national championship games.

It will take a team going on a run like Bama and Clemson have to get up the tier they are at.

See above post from another poster about your 'claim' on 2nd tier group.

Time to go back to school.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama didn't even make it this year to the CFP but they are top tier.

More Michigan man logic....

Are you joking? They lost half their defense to injury, to the point they were starting 6 true freshman on defense.
Then they lost their heisman candidate QB and STILL finished the year with 11 or 12 wins?!?

Bama is the closest thing we’ve had to a dynasty in CFB in a long time and you don’t think they are in the top tier? Really?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See above post from another poster about your 'claim' on 2nd tier group.

Time to go back to school.

You do realize, OSU has no CFP wins since 2014-2015.

Since then — Clemson has 2 titles, Bama has 2 titles. Clemson will have played in 4 national championship games in the last 5 years, Alabama has played in 4 national championship games in the last 5 years.

OSU has 2 CFP wins. How many does Clemson and Alabama have? That will answer your question, why they are in the tier below them.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you joking? They lost half their defense to injury, to the point they were starting 6 true freshman on defense.
Then they lost their heisman candidate QB and STILL finished the year with 11 or 12 wins?!?

Bama is the closest thing we’ve had to a dynasty in CFB in a long time and you don’t think they are in the top tier? Really?

That is part of the game. Hate to see people get hurt though.

They are top tier but did not make it to the CFP.

Ohio State is top tier.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize, OSU has no CFP wins since 2014-2015.

Since then — Clemson has 2 titles, Bama has 2 titles. Clemson will have played in 4 national championship games in the last 5 years, Alabama has played in 4 national championship games in the last 5 years.

OSU has 2 CFP wins. How many does Clemson and Alabama have? That will answer your question, why they are in the tier below them.

You keep thinking that.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being better, and having it better are two different things. :suds:

Harbaugh has not lived up to the hype nor pay.

10-3 seems to be his threshold. Nothing wrong with that and many teams would love it but that is not what his expectations and pay is about.

Is this the standard for Michigan.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is part of the game. Hate to see people get hurt though.

They are top tier but did not make it to the CFP.

Ohio State is top tier.

When is the last time Ohio State won a CFP game?

That will answer your question why Alabama and Clemson are in the top tier on their own.

OSU is still in the elite of the elite — but they are just the top of the 2nd tier of teams.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the last time Ohio State won a CFP game?

That will answer your question why Alabama and Clemson are in the top tier on their own.

OSU is still in the elite of the elite — but they are just the top of the 2nd tier of teams.

Michigan man syndrome.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan man syndrome.

Explain to me how OSU would be on the same level as Bama and Clemson right now? I’m not disrespecting OSU — I’d think it pretty much would be common sense.

OSU hasn’t had a CFP win in 5 years. CFB has been the Alabama and Clemson show the last 5 years.

That isn’t a knock on other programs, it just a fact.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain to me how OSU would be on the same level as Bama and Clemson right now? I’m not disrespecting OSU — I’d think it pretty much would be common sense.

OSU hasn’t had a CFP win in 5 years. CFB has been the Alabama and Clemson show the last 5 years.

That isn’t a knock on other programs, it just a fact.

We already explained it to you.

The only reason you act like this is due to Michigan man syndrome.