• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The TKO Punches - RB Rankings

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following rankings are for standard scoring leagues.

1. Adrian Peterson - Pretty simple really.
2. Arian Foster - Boring, but I still think there's another dominating year in there.
3. Doug Martin - Consensus for a reason, he should continue to improve.
4. C.J. Spiller - Okay, finally a chance taken. Explosiveness is beauty. Beauty is a joy forever!
5. Ray Rice - Talk of a "reduced work load" should stray you. Flacco needs him more than ever.
6. Marshawn Lynch - Miniscule fall in production this year with Harvin in, and Wilson growing up.
7. Trent Richardson - Mini-Beast Mode? That's what I see. Injury is the only concern.
8. LeSean McCoy - Show me something, Shady? Top three talent, can Chip find it?
9. Jamaal Charles - Okay, most will be saying this is too low for JC. Maybe you're right, maybe.
10. Steven Jackson - Okay, most will be saying this is too high for S-Jax. Maybe you're right, maybe.
11. Stevan Ridley - A big reason why Brady will be alright. Underrated by most, I think will improve.
12. Darren McFadden - Okay DMC, this is the lowest I've ever ranked you. So hard to trust, but...
13. Alfred Morris - Wasn't a buyer last year, and I was wrong! Still skeptical, but Shanny knows RB's....
14. Matt Forte - I think the CFL'er will notice that with Forte's production, comes victories. Bush is still lurking the goal line, but there's room for both.
15. Frank Gore - This is probably low for Gore. I'll admit I was never a Gore guy. He'll get his, and he's a great football player, but I see more sharing going on this year.
16. Chris Johnson - This could be a bust (as in way too low). Johnson still has the wheels to bust up fantasy scoreboards, so we can't deny his past, totally right? Ah, probably won't be me drafting him.
17. Le'Veon Bell - Here we go, first rookie! Might be a "homer" pick, as I stand (sit actually) before you a Spartans fan, but I've seen enough to know he's not a one trick pony. Double digit TD can be had.
18. Maurice Jones-Drew - Hmm, what to do with MJD? He's obviously a better talent (?) than the above (insert number) players, but so many questions, he's probably not owned by me either.
19. DeMarco Murray - I've seen a little bit, but the only reason he's this high is his starter safety status. Stay on the field and prove it to me consistently and I might draft you in 2014.
20. Reggie Bush - Went to Miami with a chip on his shoulder and kind of worked out. I expect the same type production here.
21. Ahmad Bradshaw - I think this is a perfect fit for the Colts and Bradshaw. Hopefully, his foot is good to go and he'll dodge that "Ques" tag this year.
22. Darren Sproles - I think the equivalent of a 1000 yard rusher who doesn't catch balls out of the back field. I don't think I'd love it, if he was my RB2 (as he is ranked), but I wouldn't hate it either.
23. David Wilson - Probably slept with the football all off season. He's got a chance, and he should do fine, but I'm skeptical of a full season and Brown's leaching.
24. Chris Ivory - Sometimes talent trumps status. The Jets don't project to be a potent offense, but I'm sure it won't be because of what Ivory's doing ... but hasn't seen a "full season" yet.
25. Lamar Miller - I will not be "targeting" Miller for my RB2, but I would jump on him as a 3rd option... if my first two options weren't exuding confidence.
26. Montee Ball - Most have him as the first rookie RB, and most could be right. I'm sure he'll turn out fine, but I don't see him being consistent. Maybe you've heard, I think Peyton airs it out this year!
27. Ryan Mathews - Lucky he's even on here, but his status as RB1 is locked, with Brown and Woodhead lurking the passing downs, he should have his last shot to be the horse they thought he was.
28. BenJarvus Green-Ellis - Honestly, I should probably switch the Law Firm and the rookie, but having them this close means the Bengals are serious about getting the rookie the ball.
29. Giovani Bernard - Could be the back that stands out in this draft class. Lots of options on the offensive side of the ball, so this might be too high for him, but could be too low for him just as easy.
30. Rashard Mendenhall - The Cardinals O-line is just terrible. We'll see if any unknowns emerge to make it better, but this will be an aerial attack in Zona.
31. Jonathan Stewart - I was so close to just leaving him off this list entirely. Will he ever be healthy? That said, he's worth taking a chance on if you have the rest of your lineup (or most of it) secure.
32. Mikel Leshoure - Even with the acquisition of Bush, I still think there's a place for Mikel. If he was my 3rd RB, I'd be okay with it.
33. Zac Stacy - Haven't gotten to see much of this guy. Looking on paper though, I'm confident in his potential to start for the Rams, but I wouldn't be targeting him as an RB2 or anything.
34. Ronnie Hillman - I think there will be a lot more passing going in Denver this year, and Hillman will be more than a 3rd down scat back. A poor man's Sproles maybe?
35. Andre Brown - He proved he can tote the rock for stretches. He'll probably steal goal line carries, ala Michael Bush, but he's probably a better bye week replacement.
36. Mark Ingram - We keep hearing it's gonna happen, his potential is there, but I have yet to see it. I will take him as a 3rd option, but he's your #2, I think you're in trouble.
37. Pierre Thomas - If someone took Ingram right in front of me, I would just as quickly take Thomas. Some time shares are just easier to stay away from.
38. Eddie Lacy - I don't like the Packers' backfield situation. Not taking any talent away from Lacy, but I don't think I'll be drafting him to find out what production will come from it... unless he falls this late.
39. Fred Jackson - Ahh, my boy Freddie. I don't think he takes away from Spiller, but he will complement him nicely and it's not like the Bills are over loaded at WR.
40. LaMichael James - I really think the Niners like this kid's dynamics as much as I do. They'll find ways to get him the ball in space and Harbaugh isn't scared to go with the "hot guy", ask Alex!
41. Michael Bush - Usually labelled the TD leach and hated by Forte owners. Still, he's one of those handcuffs that can be a bye week fill in for any team, and very nice if injury occurs.
42. Knowshon Moreno - The highly touted rookie, the forgotten man, the backup savior, the forgotten man. I can't make anything out of it, can you? They picked Ball for a reason, but ya never know...
43. Ben Tate - Always one of the first handcuffs to be taken by anyone, not just Foster owners. He'll be looking to impress in a contract year. (I think it's his last year under contract?)
44. Bryce Brown - A must own handcuff to Shady owners, but a good buy for a 4th RB if you're looking to take the handcuff from someone else.
45. Shane Vereen - Vereen will probably be mixed in even more now, so this ranking has potential to be higher in reality.
46. Vic Ballard - The only player on the Colts that doesn't like the Bradshaw signing... seriously though, talent to get his share, but nothing special unless injury occurs.
47. Jonathan Franklin - Like I said, the Packers' ground game doesn't intrigue me, despite McCarthy's "promises". Plus, PT is wide open in this group.
48. Ryan Williams - Here's my shot in the dark, as I was really high on him last season. He'll likely need a mending Mendy, but I still think there is potential on these wheels.

I find it hard to rank much further, as I would only draft the remaining depending on my roster at the time. I think my biggest regret will be not looking at the schedules to influence me either way. I really hope I didn't forget an obvious choice.... but I'm just gonna hit submit now.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should read, "should NOT stray you" in Ray Rice's blurb...

dammit!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're smoking some strong stuff on Levon Bell ;) At best I've got him as the third rook RB, behind Ball and Lacey, but I think he'll probably be even lower...course, I also said Doug Martin was going to be a big bust last year too, so what do I know??

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're smoking some strong stuff on Levon Bell

I've so prepared myself for such a statement, as I don't expect for too many to agree with me on that one. I think I've hit the nail on the head, but you caught me nonetheless ... (cough, cough)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridley is a divisive one. I think you may be right on him though. There aren't that many playmakers on that roster. If Vereen is more involved in the passing game, maybe Ridley doesn't have to share as much in the running game?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geesh, looking through over the last three weeks, if I had an updated list, it would look like this at 18-25.

18. Bradshaw
19. Murray
20. Miller
21. Bush
22. Sproles
23. Wilson
24. Ivory
25. MJD

With Miller making a jump (didn't really take his competition into effect), and MJD falling (which really means is that I'm just not drafting him). I'm liking the Bradshaw-Colts marriage more and DeMarco will prove me wrong if he stays healthy all year, but I'll take the under @ 12 games. Finally, like I said about Harvin's case... if he misses the season, I'd flip flop Lynch and Rice.

or maybe I should have just kept this to myself and drafted accordingly?... nothing like throwing a wrench in another's draft plans! woops I hit post....