• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Browns should take Chubb and Barkley

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need an elite RB to win in the NFL. The teams that win and make it far in the playoffs are teams with great QB play or outstanding defensive play. All you need is a good running attack and you're good.

The draft is loaded with quality backs so the best move for the Browns would be to take a QB at 1 and Chubb at 4. If they are so inclined they could still grab a great RB at the top of the 2nd.

Kareem Hunt and Karmara where two of the best backs in the league last season and they were both 3rd round picks. It's more important to grab an RB that fits what you want to do on offense than grabbing the best RB in the draft.
Give the Browns Darnold, Chubb, and Michel. Let's ride.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... why not...

No... was just saying a failure in QB pick when you have two top 5 picks is not as big of a deal since you have the other pick of what "you should have done"... it acts as a security blanket...

With that said, I think they would be STUPID not to draft a QB with that first pick... and I think they should go Chubbs with the 4th pick.... Barkley doesn't make sense when you have Carlos hyde and Duke Johnson... Sure neither of them can hold Barkley's jockstrap... but that is a pretty decent tandem already... you can fill other holes...

Remember, Ground and pound does not work if you don't have a good defense!!!
Browns D is better than their numbers. Kizer put them in awful spots last year with all his turnovers . Simply adding an adequate, turnover free Taylor probably takes Cleveland from bottom 5 defense statistically to middle of the pack. Adding Chubb and Barkley would improve the D even more as you'd have better time of possession and be able to get to the QB at a high rate . People fall in love with QB and for good reason but there simply aren't that many real difference makers in the league at that position and the elite guts aren't usually top 5 picks and even the top tier guys who are top 5 picks haven't won Super Bowls other than Eli. Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Big Ben, Wilson... all mid first rounders or worse. It's just top risky imo. Cleveland has a solid playoff level QB who is 28 years old.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 100% on board and would throw a party if they actually did it.

They won't, but i would be a happy fan.
I think it's funny all the Browns fans would be ecstatic if there team did this but the negative feedback is coming from non Browns fans,lol. My team took a QB in the top 3 10 years ago and while I love Matt he hasn't won a SB and he's probably the most successful top 5 QB in the last decade

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny all the Browns fans would be ecstatic if there team did this but the negative feedback is coming from non Browns fans,lol. My team took a QB in the top 3 10 years ago and while I love Matt he hasn't won a SB and he's probably the most successful top 5 QB in the last decade
Who is the most successful RB taken in the top 5 the past decade?

Are you suggesting the Falcons should've taken Darren McFadden or Glenn Dorsey?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny all the Browns fans would be ecstatic if there team did this but the negative feedback is coming from non Browns fans,lol.
YEP....funny how that is
well....except for the gmen fan, he fears the browns will take the Penn St back and leave his team taking a QB who sits for a year or two to determine he's not all that good

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
book is out on Elliott but I'd say he's started pretty well
Zeke is great but Matt Ryan should've won a Super Bowl if the Falcons coached better or maybe a couple of plays differently.

Matt Ryan beat Gurley when the Rams arguably had a better team last year. Is that a knock on Goff?

Cam Newton was only toppled by Von Miller who ironically was drafted 1 spot after him.

Top QBs are doing well in the NFL right now.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the most successful RB taken in the top 5 the past decade?

Are you suggesting the Falcons should've taken Darren McFadden or Glenn Dorsey?
No I'm suggesting that taking a QB top 5 doesn't guarantee anything and factually speaking it's tougher to project that position than any other so when you have a decent QB you should probably just take the best available player

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold and Chubb would be a great 1st round for the Browns. Offense and Defense would be a great way to spend your 2 1st rounders.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm suggesting that taking a QB top 5 doesn't guarantee anything
It doesn't but you have a difference in value.

Here is the list of RBs from 2008:

Darren McFadden (0 Pro Bowls, 2 good seasons, 6 bad seasons, basically out of the league now)
Jonathan Stewart (1 Pro Bowl, 6 good seasons, 3 bad seasons, basically out of the league now)

I could go on but thats probably not what you're talking about. Barkley is better than those guys.

Ladanian Tomlinson (5 Pro Bowls, 1 great season, 3 good seasons and done) = 9 year prime
Marshall Faulk (7 Pro Bowls, 4 okay seasons) = 11 year prime

So Barkley at best is looking at 10 years probably.

Matt Ryan's career up to now is 10 years and he could still play 5 to 6 more years.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I find it funny that the anti get a QB people are ok with Taylor. But they are not ok with Hyde and Johnson as their RB.

I would so much rather have Hyde than Taylor.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny that the anti get a QB people are ok with Taylor. But they are not ok with Hyde and Johnson as their RB.

it's just opinions dude
most anti QB at #1 are Browns fans and their opinions are valid since it's their team while you are just worried the browns might take the guy you want. That is what's funny to me....and maybe you thinking Hyde could be the bell cow. If they want QB, one as good as any other will be there at #4

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the Browns Darnold, Chubb, and Michel. Let's ride.

I like that for the Browns. They need to take a shot at a drafting a franchise QB, Chubb could make that Dline really good and One of next tier of RBs ( Guice, Michel, Chubb) should help the ground game. Solid additions.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's just opinions dude
most anti QB at #1 are Browns fans and their opinions are valid since it's their team while you are just worried the browns might take the guy you want. That is what's funny to me....and maybe you thinking Hyde could be the bell cow. If they want QB, one as good as any other will be there at #4

ummm... this thread was created by a falcon fan, and most posts have not been from Browns fans... we are all interested in what they WILL do... so just because i want the giants to get Barkley is really irrelevant to any of my points...

and i am a Jets fan

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The difference between what Barkley should be and Hyde is FARRR greater RIGHT away than what the difference between Taylor and any of the QBS in this class will likely EVER be

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your team also choked away a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl with this top-3 pick. So I'd stop posting if I were you.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between what Barkley should be and Hyde is FARRR greater RIGHT away than what the difference between Taylor and any of the QBS in this class will likely EVER be

i would buy that if we are talking browns contending this season... but a RB has a much shorter time period in the NFL, you dont waste a RBs best years on a team that that isn't contending...

with that said, not contending is an outsiders opinion, i am sure there are some people in the inside that think they can contend

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team also choked away a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl with this top-3 pick. So I'd stop posting if I were you.
So did they win or lose?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would buy that if we are talking browns contending this season... but a RB has a much shorter time period in the NFL, you dont waste a RBs best years on a team that that isn't contending...

with that said, not contending is an outsiders opinion, i am sure there are some people in the inside that think they can contend
Contending for what? They aren't contending for a SB either way. Contending for a playoff berth is entirely plausible with their additions and the right draft

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You throw likely in there as a out, in case your wrong. Which I believe you will be, at least one franchise QB will come out of this draft. Also think the Browns can find a workhorse RB in the draft without wasting a first round pick doing it.