• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Browns should take Chubb and Barkley

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all sacks are created equally and the Browns secondary has been horrible that entire time. He definitely won't jump out with the stats so much as you do when you watch. If you want to talk stats though, there's a reason the Browns are near the best in TFL marks.

While I agree I still think adding Chubb pressures more QB hurries and would create more sacks. And in my scenario that also take Fitzpatrick. But look none of us are GMs, for all I know they could trader 1 and 4 and bring in Tebow.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree I still think adding Chubb pressures more QB hurries and would create more sacks. And in my scenario that also take Fitzpatrick. But look none of us are GMs, for all I know they could trader 1 and 4 and bring in Tebow.
Oh for sure. I am taking Chubb at 4, and that'd be the only player I'd consider at 4 versus a tradedown if I were the Browns. Never can have enough passrushers.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't mean they love any of them though. Missing on a QB in the top 5 is basically a 5 year playoff drought sentence if not longer and you've really only got a 50/50 shot of getting it right and that's if you know what you're doing when it comes to quarterbacks

except it is not when you have 2 first round(top 5 picks)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor is not good and they need to take a QB. They have their pick of the litter. the only way they should pass is if they don't think any of them are any good.

Actually this would be a good time for them to try and sneak a peak at other team's draft boards, because clearly theirs has sucked...

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think either of the 4 are going to be any good. If fact Mayfield has almost taken himself out of the group.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for sure. I am taking Chubb at 4, and that'd be the only player I'd consider at 4 versus a tradedown if I were the Browns. Never can have enough passrushers.
I would take Rosen or Mayfield at 1, trade down from 4 and then draft 2 of the top 6 DBs then take one of the top 4 RBs in rd2.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not too often a team has the opportunity to get the 2 biggest difference makers in the same draft. The Browns have a great great shot to do just that. Tyrod Taylor is at worst a bridge , at best a serviceable solid QB for the next 4-5 years. You've got just as good a shot at hitting on a QB late first or early second as you do top 10. Why risk a question mark at 1 or 4 if you don't need to?? Take Barkley 1 so the Giants don't pick him, take Chubb 4. You've got the best RB corp in football, you've got book end legit pass rushers , you've got a solid QB, you've got solid wideouts, you've got a decent OL. You're a playoff team

I'm 100% on board and would throw a party if they actually did it.

They won't, but i would be a happy fan.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor is not good and they need to take a QB. They have their pick of the litter. the only way they should pass is if they don't think any of them are any good.

Actually this would be a good time for them to try and sneak a peak at other team's draft boards, because clearly theirs has sucked...
Taylor was brought in IMO for the Browns to have the option of not having to take a QB in round one. It gives them the option to develop a QB and there is quality to be had in round two. The Browns are not trying to win it all this year this is a process for them. While taking the best QB seems prudent it has failed them to many times and I feel they are weary of that.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which rumor has it... is Josh Allen. And oooooh boy... lol.

I've heard both Allen and Darnold. Most seem to think it's Darnold.

Now, if the Giants don't take Barkley, the Brownies better take him at #4. There's a strong chance the Giants go QB or trade with someone who does.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people really need to take a closer look at Barkley his great games were against mostly sub par teams I don't think he will be the stud most seem to think he will be.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you advocating taking 2 QBs ?

LOL... why not...

No... was just saying a failure in QB pick when you have two top 5 picks is not as big of a deal since you have the other pick of what "you should have done"... it acts as a security blanket...

With that said, I think they would be STUPID not to draft a QB with that first pick... and I think they should go Chubbs with the 4th pick.... Barkley doesn't make sense when you have Carlos hyde and Duke Johnson... Sure neither of them can hold Barkley's jockstrap... but that is a pretty decent tandem already... you can fill other holes...

Remember, Ground and pound does not work if you don't have a good defense!!!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people really need to take a closer look at Barkley his great games were against mostly sub par teams I don't think he will be the stud most seem to think he will be.
His best game was against Iowa which might be why this thread exists.

I disagree with that, though. I think he is the best player in the draft.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a new General Manager is hired, there's a really, really good chance that team doesn't have a QB. In general, that's what Dorsey's role is.....to find the quarterback. Not an edge rusher, or running back....or any other position except maybe HC.

He was hired to find the QB.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spoken like a fan wanting Barkley with the gmen
Hyde is an injury waiting to happen and Johnson is a 3rd down back

sure, I do want the giants to get him... But the point still is ground and pound doesn't work unless you have a good defense... there running game with what they have is good enough to help that offense... and RBs are not the players you want to sit for a season...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a new General Manager is hired, there's a really, really good chance that team doesn't have a QB. In general, that's what Dorsey's role is.....to find the quarterback. Not an edge rusher, or running back....or any other position except maybe HC.

Well, had we known you sat in on the interview we could have ended this thread after three posts.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard both Allen and Darnold. Most seem to think it's Darnold.

Now, if the Giants don't take Barkley, the Brownies better take him at #4. There's a strong chance the Giants go QB or trade with someone who does.
As an Ohio State fan, you have to be skeptical of Darnold, right? In that bowl game against Ohio States NFL-like defense, he looked lost.
I don't think this QB class is very good.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the...What?
So they fire him when he gets a QB and find another GM whose job is to get a LT?