• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Browns should take Chubb and Barkley

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the other problem with swongobg and missing on a QB. Any other position you can cut bait early and it's not a big deal. With QBS you are 3 years committed before you can admit you're wrong. If you LOVE a guy them you take him at 1. If you aren't sure you take the sure thing.

Hard to argue a word of this but at the same time it's pretty clear that little else matters if you don't have a QB. And the Browns don't have a QB.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting an RB is like drafting a DH over a CF’er
I know this is what the so called experts have been saying the last few years. I don't think that's always true. If you are drafting top 5, you are looking for football players that immediately can play at this level. I still don't think the browns should take QB with the #1 pick.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not too often a team has the opportunity to get the 2 biggest difference makers in the same draft. The Browns have a great great shot to do just that. Tyrod Taylor is at worst a bridge , at best a serviceable solid QB for the next 4-5 years. You've got just as good a shot at hitting on a QB late first or early second as you do top 10. Why risk a question mark at 1 or 4 if you don't need to?? Take Barkley 1 so the Giants don't pick him, take Chubb 4. You've got the best RB corp in football, you've got book end legit pass rushers , you've got a solid QB, you've got solid wideouts, you've got a decent OL. You're a playoff team

Too bad you've got a head coach named Hue Jackson

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to argue a word of this but at the same time it's pretty clear that little else matters if you don't have a QB. And the Browns don't have a QB.
They have a starting QB that just went to the playoffs last year who will just have turned 29 once the year starts.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then you make the playoffs and Tyrod Taylor goes 17/37, 134 Yds, O Tds and 1 Interception
So?? I'm not saying Tyrod is going to win you a Super Bowl this year but neither are any of the rookies and Taylor is starting either way so by taking a QB you're ostensibly wasting a pick for at least 1, probably 2 years. And that's your best case scenario. Worst case is you play the rookie, go 3-13 and start all over with a new staff next year and if you go 3-13 again you've got a bust on your hands and you've got to pick a QB again. None of these guys are Luck like. They're 50/50 to even be decent NFL caliber quarterbacks. In other words they're 50/50 to be Tyrod Taylor in 3 years

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So?? I'm not saying Tyrod is going to win you a Super Bowl this year but neither are any of the rookies and Taylor is starting either way so by taking a QB you're ostensibly wasting a pick for at least 1, probably 2 years. And that's your best case scenario. Worst case is you play the rookie, go 3-13 and start all over with a new staff next year and if you go 3-13 again you've got a bust on your hands and you've got to pick a QB again. None of these guys are Luck like. They're 50/50 to even be decent NFL caliber quarterbacks. In other words they're 50/50 to be Tyrod Taylor in 3 years
This reeks of 'Carson Wentz isn't a top 20 QB prospect, we need to trade down'

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reeks of 'Carson Wentz isn't a top 20 QB prospect, we need to trade down'
I'm not advocating trading down. I'm advocating taking the best RB prospect since AP and a bookend monster DL to go with the one you got last year

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading out of a top 4 pick is stupid generally. The reason the Browns get mocked for 2016 isn't solely because they didn't take Wentz, it's because no one remembers who they did take . If they'd passed on Wentz but stated at 2 and took Bosa, Elliot or Ramsey no one would bust their chops
You aren't actually beholden to trade down if you don't love a QB. I know that's popular thought bit it's just not reality

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know opinions are like A-Hole but I feel the Browns should take Chubb and Minkah Fitzpatrick, that makes an already decent D real good. Then in RD 2 with first pick and second pick there will be QBs and RBs.

You put Chubb and Garrett together, WOW. I like Sony Michel out of UG and I think they can get him round two. And they could score Mason Rudolph

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not advocating trading down. I'm advocating taking the best RB prospect since AP and a bookend monster DL to go with the one you got last year
They already have a bookend DE thats promising, though.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogbah. 24 years old. Basically the same combine numbers as Chubb. Average PFF grade which is hard to do when your team has an awful secondary. I'd take him on the Chiefs and I'm not even sure he is a scheme fit.

But hey, if the Browns dont want a QB prospect then Im fine with that. Id like to see the Browns QB jersey pic of failure continued since we play them next year.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogbah. 24 years old. Basically the same combine numbers as Chubb. Average PFF grade which is hard to do when your team has an awful secondary. I'd take him on the Chiefs and I'm not even sure he is a scheme fit.

But hey, if the Browns dont want a QB prospect then Im fine with that. Id like to see the Browns QB jersey pic of failure continued since we play them next year.
Yeah his numbers don't exactly stand out. 3 years nine sacks hell Garrett had 7 last year. And they can get a QB prospect with the first pick in round 2.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah his numbers don't exactly stand out. 3 years nine sacks hell Garrett had 7 last year. And the can get a QB prospect with the first pick in round 2.
Not all sacks are created equally and the Browns secondary has been horrible that entire time. He definitely won't jump out with the stats so much as you do when you watch. If you want to talk stats though, there's a reason the Browns are near the best in TFL marks.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the can get a QB prospect with the first pick in round 2.
Again, as someone who isn't a Browns fan, I really hope they take the 6th or 7th best QB in this class.

Please do this

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a QB, just an average QB. Alex Smith would be the model for success under that. Not at all impossible- it's the coaching and secondary that I would give the Browns a lot of shit for.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, as someone who isn't a Browns fan, I really hope they take the 6th or 7th best QB in this class.

Please do this
I do not want that Browns core to have a competent coach and QB, that much I know. They are going to be a big problem in the AFC longterm unless they epically fuck up the QB spot.