• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sportshoopla Top 25 Discussion thread

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL wait, you're going back two years and bringing up me predicting 5 losses for a team that just had 5 losses as backing for your current prediction?

You're being a huge homer projecting a team that was 12th to suddenly be the 4th best team after losing their best overall player in decades as well as their defensive leader. If it was anyone else and the situation was the same, you'd be saying the same thing as I am right now. You just have a boner for Stanford. Not a big deal, just saying I don't get it.

You said you never predicted them to be a 5 loss team in 2015, which was obviously a lie. I only brought that up because you think I'm some kind of Stanford homer, when the fact is you've been significantly incorrect about them the past 2 seasons. Trust me, I wish Stanford sucked, or wish that we could beat them again consistently.

I don't even know where other people projected them, or give a shit what other people project as far as their top 25, so you're incorrect about that too.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said you never predicted them to be a 5 loss team in 2015, which was obviously a lie. I only brought that up because you think I'm some kind of Stanford homer, when the fact is you've been significantly incorrect about them the past 2 seasons. Trust me, I wish Stanford sucked, or wish that we could beat them again consistently.

I don't even know where other people projected them, or give a shit what other people project as far as their top 25, so you're incorrect about that too.
That isn't what you said. I predicted them initially to lose 5 games. II never suggested they lost 5 games two years ago after the fact, which is how you were making it sound. I had no idea you were pulling up some prediction I made before the season even started and I was by no means out of line to think what I thought.

I wasn't significantly incorrect about them at all last year. Again, when I said they were a dumpster fire, they were at that point. They didn't do anything as the season went on to make a rationale person think they were elite. They went 10-3 with 1 ranked win (which was nothing but luck for them that they faced USC early when Browne was still their QB), two blowout losses, one pathetic loss to Colorado, and no other wins of note. If that's your idea of elite, ok. However, nothing would suggest they're a top 5 team this year. Again, you have a weird thing for them where they can do no wrong in your eyes, and that's your opinion. It's just weird.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't what you said. I predicted them initially to lose 5 games. II never suggested they lost 5 games two years ago after the fact, which is how you were making it sound. I had no idea you were pulling up some prediction I made before the season even started and I was by no means out of line to think what I thought.

I wasn't significantly incorrect about them at all last year. Again, when I said they were a dumpster fire, they were at that point. They didn't do anything as the season went on to make a rationale person think they were elite. They went 10-3 with 1 ranked win (which was nothing but luck for them that they faced USC early when Browne was still their QB), two blowout losses, one pathetic loss to Colorado, and no other wins of note. If that's your idea of elite, ok. However, nothing would suggest they're a top 5 team this year. Again, you have a weird thing for them where they can do no wrong in your eyes, and that's your opinion. It's just weird.

I said, "weren't you the one that was suggesting they were a 5 loss team two years ago"? We are talking about preseason projections, I thought I made it pretty clear there, but my point still stands. And sure, it was fine to suggest that, but how does that make me a homer for them, when I thought they would be better and turned out to be? That doesn't make any sense.

Also, never said they were elite last year, I projected them to be a top 15 team last year, which they ended up being just that. I don't have anything weird for them. But if you want to call me a homer for being spot on about them the last 2 years, so be it. And yes, I'm going out a limb with it with my projection, make sure you bookmark this and quote when they probably lose to USC the 2nd game of the season like you did with the Northwestern game 2 years ago.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Buddy.

Y'all were charter members of the ACC in 1953 and have won 16 league titles in those 64 years.

FSU has only been in the league 25 years and has won 15 league titles.

Yep. Gonna be 17 at the end of this season. And if my math is right that would equal 1 Championship every 4 years. I'll take that average over that span.

:suds:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said, "weren't you the one that was suggesting they were a 5 loss team two years ago"? We are talking about preseason projections, I thought I made it pretty clear there, but my point still stands. And sure, it was fine to suggest that, but how does that make me a homer for them, when I thought they would be better and turned out to be? That doesn't make any sense.

Also, never said they were elite last year, I projected them to be a top 15 team last year, which they ended up being just that. I don't have anything weird for them. But if you want to call me a homer for being spot on about them the last 2 years, so be it. And yes, I'm going out a limb with it with my projection, make sure you bookmark this and quote when they probably lose to USC the 2nd game of the season like you did with the Northwestern game 2 years ago.
"weren't you the one that was suggesting they would be a 5 loss team two years ago" would have been the correct way to put that to avoid confusion.

I'd say the fact that you recall something said on a message board 2 years ago that was disparaging about this team would suggest you have a little something for them. Shit, I don't recall most of the stuff said about OSU 2 years ago, or even last year. I do know that it seems that any time Stanford comes up, you are very quick to defend them. Again, a team that was 10-3 last year, outside of the top 10, and lost the majority of their offensive production should not jump to 4th given the other teams ahead of them. Maybe you know something about them that nobody else does, but it's odd that you're the only one that has them even remotely that high.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"weren't you the one that was suggesting they would be a 5 loss team two years ago" would have been the correct way to put that to avoid confusion.

I'd say the fact that you recall something said on a message board 2 years ago that was disparaging about this team would suggest you have a little something for them. Shit, I don't recall most of the stuff said about OSU 2 years ago, or even last year. I do know that it seems that any time Stanford comes up, you are very quick to defend them. Again, a team that was 10-3 last year, outside of the top 10, and lost the majority of their offensive production should not jump to 4th given the other teams ahead of them. Maybe you know something about them that nobody else does, but it's odd that you're the only one that has them even remotely that high.

Okay, and my point still stands.

I don't know anything more than anybody else. I'm honestly not sure why you give a shit about where I have them? If I'm wrong, I'll admit it. There are some things with your top 25, now that I look at it that I disagree with, but I don't care enough to call you out.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havent made it through
Ain't worried. Auburn is one of the few teams that I can call UGA's bitch. 9-2 over them in the last 11 years(and one of the losses was on a tipped ball hail mary, and the other, the worst UGA team I can recall gave Cam Newton and co all they could handle for 3 quarters)
2 national champion caliber teams in 11 years??? damn that pretty strong

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, and my point still stands.

I don't know anything more than anybody else. I'm honestly not sure why you give a shit about where I have them? If I'm wrong, I'll admit it. There are some things with your top 25, now that I look at it that I disagree with, but I don't care enough to call you out.
Ok? That's the point of a discussion thread. What's your point?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok? That's the point of a discussion thread. What's your point?

Because it's a projection. You have your teams there for a reason, so it's not like I'm going to talk you into changing it. Same deal with Stanford, I gave you my reasons why I have them where they are. Now you think I'm a Stanford homer. LOL.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's a projection. You have your teams there for a reason, so it's not like I'm going to talk you into changing it. Same deal with Stanford, I gave you my reasons why I have them where they are. Now you think I'm a Stanford homer. LOL.
I just made a simple observation based on your past opinions. No more, no less.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which I've been correct on, which doesn't make sense why you'd call me a homer.
I've already explained myself. Even before this I've thought it was odd how much you love up Stanford. I think it also came up in a top coaches discussion (were you one of the folks saying Shaw was better than Harbaugh?). Then I saw your rankings and it further exacerbated that belief.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already explained myself. Even before this I've thought it was odd how much you love up Stanford. I think it also came up in a top coaches discussion (were you one of the folks saying Shaw was better than Harbaugh?). Then I saw your rankings and it further exacerbated that belief.

You're explanation makes no sense, which is what the problem is. There's a difference between loving them up and just being honest. And yes I did have Shaw ahead of Harbaugh. Both are great coaches. Not sure what's so absurd about a guy that since he's taken over has Stanford at a top 5 winning %, 3 conference titles and finished in the top 12, 5 different seasons.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're explanation makes no sense, which is what the problem is. There's a difference between loving them up and just being honest. And yes I did have Shaw ahead of Harbaugh. Both are great coaches. Not sure what's so absurd about a guy that since he's taken over has Stanford at a top 5 winning %, 3 conference titles and finished in the top 12, 5 different seasons.
Yeah that sums it up. Shaw has been a good coach, but putting him over Harbaugh is absurd. Harbaugh took them off the scrap heap and basically restored them. Shaw just hasn't managed to crash them into a ditch. That plus putting them 4th this year with their personnel losses just makes no sense, hence why you're the only one that has them that high.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that sums it up. Shaw has been a good coach, but putting him over Harbaugh is absurd. Harbaugh took them off the scrap heap and basically restored them. Shaw just hasn't managed to crash them into a ditch. That plus putting them 4th this year with their personnel losses just makes no sense, hence why you're the only one that has them that high.

That's fine. For some reason you seem to be overly biased against Stanford. I mean you're the one that predicted them to lose 5 games when they ended up finishing the year ranked #3 two years ago. I honestly don't care, yes I'm going out a limb this season, I gave my reasons why. I might be wrong, if so I'll admit it. But spare me the Stanford homer bull shit, because you've been more wrong about them than anyone on this board.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine. For some reason you seem to be overly biased against Stanford. I mean you're the one that predicted them to lose 5 games when they ended up finishing the year ranked #3 two years ago. I honestly don't care, yes I'm going out a limb this season, I gave my reasons why. I might be wrong, if so I'll admit it. But spare me the Stanford homer bull shit, because you've been more wrong about them than anyone on this board.
So predicting a team that just lost 5 games to lose 5 games again is "overly biased"? Alright.

And no, I haven't. I was wrong about 2 years ago, but the reason for my prediction was fair. Last year, they were not great, and faced nobodies for the entire second half of their year after they started 4-3 and looked awful. Seriously, they played one team in their final 6 games that was even at/over .500. Claiming this team, who lost it's best player in decades and returns a mediocre at best passing offense is the 4th best team in the nation, coupled with saying their student coach is better than his teacher, makes you at the very least biased for them. Which bring me back to my point, because it's just a little odd coming from a Domer.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So predicting a team that just lost 5 games to lose 5 games again is "overly biased"? Alright.

And no, I haven't. I was wrong about 2 years ago, but the reason for my prediction was fair. Last year, they were not great, and faced nobodies for the entire second half of their year after they started 4-3 and looked awful. Seriously, they played one team in their final 6 games that was even at/over .500. Claiming this team, who lost it's best player in decades and returns a mediocre at best passing offense is the 4th best team in the nation, coupled with saying their student coach is better than his teacher, makes you at the very least biased for them. Which bring me back to my point, because it's just a little odd coming from a Domer.

So you want credit for having a fair prediction(even though it wasn't close), but I'm a homer because I had them pretty spot on the last couple years? That makes a hell of a lot of sense. lol.

I gave you my reasons. It has more so to do with schedule than what they bring back, even though they return 16 starters off a top 12 team. But like I said earlier your top 25 is going to be flawless. lol.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want credit for having a fair prediction(even though it wasn't close), but I'm a homer because I had them pretty spot on the last couple years? That makes a hell of a lot of sense. lol.

I gave you my reasons. It has more so to do with schedule than what they bring back, even though they return 16 starters off a top 12 team. But like I said earlier your top 25 is going to be flawless. lol.
I never asked for credit. I made a prediction based on sound logic and I was wrong. Not exactly a first in the world of sports. And as I said, I stand by what I said about them last year. They were an extremely unimpressive 10-3, given the weak schedule they faced.

I also am not sure I agree on their schedule. Road games at USC, Utah, and Washington State with Washington at home isn't murderer's row by any means, but it wouldn't even slightly shock me if they dropped all 4. They're unproven on offense and have to replace a generational talent that was still only able to guide them to 10-3 last year with a cupcake schedule. I'd be significantly more surprised by them being 4th this year compared to being 7-5.