• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I love SportsHoopla, but lawd do I miss the old ESPN forums

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The traffic on the old ESPN forums was insane back in the day, granted it let up a decent bit by the time they got rid of their forums back in 2013. Like a dozen or more of team subs actually had pretty good traffic, too.

What I'm trying to say is, as much as I love the SportsHoopla and appreciate being here since the old forums I used got shut down, I really miss the old days of message board forums with tons of traffic by many unique posters. Sigh.

Edit:

Why can't I call it "the Ho0pla" in my post and thread title without it automatically being changed to SportsHoopla? Lol u wat m8

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The traffic on the old ESPN forums was insane back in the day, granted it let up a decent bit by the time they got rid of their forums back in 2013. Like a dozen or more of team subs actually had pretty good traffic, too.

What I'm trying to say is, as much as I love the SportsHoopla and appreciate being here since the old forums I used got shut down, I really miss the old days of message board forums with tons of traffic by many unique posters. Sigh.

Edit:

Why can't I call it "the Ho0pla" in my post and thread title without it automatically being changed to SportsHoopla? Lol u wat m8
I feel the same about even this place. The SF Giants forum here used to be rocking when I joined. Basically message boards have been supplanted by social media (Twitter, Reddit, etc). I mean, they are social media but not version 2.0

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a poster on several boards before this one. Obviously message boards in general are in decline other than Reddit. People moved on to social media, but that medium is very different and you don't have the ongoing discussions and beefs you have in a place like this with posters you engage with consistently.

I still post here, and on a couple of different boards, but I find myself moving to social media as well, and it is a mixed bag.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere Toonis is still rubbing one out to his Phillip Rivers fathead

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ESPN forums were a cesspool. The trolling was rampant. But I did enjoy it.
The trolling on the ESPN forums was half the fun of that dump, man lol. I remember Pheonix Marie had an account there advertising her work once where she posted a pic of herself holding a hand written sign with the forum name and everything, it was a wild couple of weeks lmao

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even trolling when I say the ESPN forum was a bit out there. Just a lot of wild characters back then, even if I was lurking then.

Bro message forums in general were complete cesspools in the 2000's. That was the wild west era of message boards lol

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way more trolls on ESPN IIRC. I think the CBS boards brought some class in here
CBS was wild in itself.

cassels and his 37 alts arguing with each other on the CFB forum was some absolute comedy gold.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in 07 BerkshireBull was bragging on the CBB boards about his wife putting things, not just toys, up his booty...it was hilarious and frightening at the same time.