• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Green Bay Packers 425 EST/FOX

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes good point, but when Wilson was getting rushed, you should roll Wilson out more. Maybe, so he can see the field better, or maybe run for a few yards?

I somewhat agree with you about rolling him out more, but I have a feeling the coaches would prefer him in the pocket for health reasons. Scrambling QB's tend to get banged up eventually. Plus, Wilson is actually very good from the pocket IF he can get about 3 seconds without some 325 pounder in his face.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawk Oline issue is not a one or two year problem like some posters infer. The problem has been there since Pete Carroll arrived. Pete is a defensive coach and has consistently built a quality D year in and year out. But, he's accomplished that by investing big $ in the D and allowing quality Oline to walk.
We can debate on his draft strategy all day whether he's hit or missed. Because sure there is always a diamond in the rough. However, if you're replacing Olinemen every year with has been vetereans, former basketball players and rookies you're likely never to assemble a consistent line.
The only short term fix is to reduce the $ spent on the D (they are stout enough) and will survive losing one or two high priced defenders who get replaced with a mid tier earning player. Use that $ to go get mid to upper level vets to build a line. Let them bring along a couple rookies. As others have mentioned it takes a minimum of two years to build a cohesive unit. More like three with the lack of talent coming out of the college ranks.:2cents:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I somewhat agree with you about rolling him out more, but I have a feeling the coaches would prefer him in the pocket for health reasons. Scrambling QB's tend to get banged up eventually. Plus, Wilson is actually very good from the pocket IF he can get about 3 seconds without some 325 pounder in his face.
I agree, but with that existing O-line, Wilson will get hurt if he doesn't roll out from the pocket more often.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is also the opposing teams scheme where they want to keep scramblers in the pocket. I didn't see this game so I can't say if GB did that or not?
Seattle is lucky to have a QB with his scrambling ability. A lesser QB may be dead by now.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is also the opposing teams scheme where they want to keep scramblers in the pocket. I didn't see this game so I can't say if GB did that or not?
Seattle is lucky to have a QB with his scrambling ability. A lesser QB may be dead by now.

Damn skippy.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he will. I never respected Holmgren more than after the sb when he said I knew we had to beat a good Steelers team but I didn't know we had to beat the refs too. Pete will always work the refs and he should. Our coach just looks at the clock.

lol ... Do you like coach McCarthy ?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol ... Do you like coach McCarthy ?

Is that a joke of a question? McMuffin and his conservative play calling is the reason we don't have at least two more SB s and 3 more SB appearances. Dude plays rope a dope when we build a lead and it bites him in the fat ass. He is very predictable. Doesn't call enough screens or text passes most of the time. Calls to many bombs on third and short and doesn't utilize the QB sneak or fb dive enough. He won't even admit hes conservative but anyone with two eyes and a brain can see he's ultra conservative especially if you watch the second half of the 2015 NFC championship game vs the Hawks. He's a good game planner but as an in game play caller he's awful. I'm thankful Rodgers changes the plays more often late in games now. I would take Jim Harbaugh over McMuffin right now. I wish we could trade him for draft picks or something.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that a joke of a question? McMuffin and his conservative play calling is the reason we don't have at least two more SB s and 3 more SB appearances. Dude plays rope a dope when we build a lead and it bites him in the fat ass. He is very predictable. Doesn't call enough screens or text passes most of the time. Calls to many bombs on third and short and doesn't utilize the QB sneak or fb dive enough. He won't even admit hes conservative but anyone with two eyes and a brain can see he's ultra conservative especially if you watch the second half of the 2015 NFC championship game vs the Hawks. He's a good game planner but as an in game play caller he's awful. I'm thankful Rodgers changes the plays more often late in games now. I would take Jim Harbaugh over McMuffin right now. I wish we could trade him for draft picks or something.

lol, gotcha....

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Fuckin Way

Yes way I'll take a second and third rounder for MM. Too bad nobody would want him. If we hired a great in game play caller and let MM focus on the game plan that would be outstanding. Edgar Bennett isn't the answer.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he should call more text passess. Nobody expects text passess. :D

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes way I'll take a second and third rounder for MM. Too bad nobody would want him. If we hired a great in game play caller and let MM focus on the game plan that would be outstanding. Edgar Bennett isn't the answer.

Seattle will be wanting to get rid of Beavell(sp). Get him back.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle will be wanting to get rid of Beavell(sp). Get him back.
Beavell would be ok in college maybe.

Also, McMuffin is notorious for calling TO's at the end of the first half and almost always comes back to haunt him as teams convert for a first down then get points to end the half. The hilarious thing about yesterday is even if the Hawks didn't convert the third down the clock would've run out. TT can't even count.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fat-girls-in-bikinis1.jpg
Are these the Seattle cheerleaders?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawk Oline issue is not a one or two year problem like some posters infer. The problem has been there since Pete Carroll arrived. Pete is a defensive coach and has consistently built a quality D year in and year out. But, he's accomplished that by investing big $ in the D and allowing quality Oline to walk.
We can debate on his draft strategy all day whether he's hit or missed. Because sure there is always a diamond in the rough. However, if you're replacing Olinemen every year with has been vetereans, former basketball players and rookies you're likely never to assemble a consistent line.
The only short term fix is to reduce the $ spent on the D (they are stout enough) and will survive losing one or two high priced defenders who get replaced with a mid tier earning player. Use that $ to go get mid to upper level vets to build a line. Let them bring along a couple rookies. As others have mentioned it takes a minimum of two years to build a cohesive unit. More like three with the lack of talent coming out of the college ranks.:2cents:

I pulled up the list of offensive lineman that are set to become free agents in 2018. No one on that list looks like a game changer.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pulled up the list of offensive lineman that are set to become free agents in 2018. No one on that list looks like a game changer.
I never said game changer. I said mid tier level paid players that stay around more than a year or two. As I mentioned there are fewer and fewer quality Olinemen coming out of college. You need to invest time and $ in rookies and mid level vets. If you're lucky enough to get a game changer or two you are very lucky. Especially with the way Seattle pays their D. They can't afford to pay top notch Oline mine.
RW is one of the best, if not the best scrambler. A mid level line is all he needs. After that they can look at the WR and RB issues.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also don't rule out trades. But again due to the lack of quality Olinemen a good one will cost you.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oline is a tough one. The 2018 free agent class looks weak. You have to draft well and give those players time to develop and gell together

I was watching Wash St Saturday night and they had this kid Cody O'Connell 6'8 and 350lb OL what a player. All American last year

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Seahawks have the same problem against the 49ers, I'll start worrying, but I don't see that happening.

I hear ya but yesterday looked like 5 Reggie White's in RW's face all day. Not a good start for the o-line.