• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Green Bay Packers 425 EST/FOX

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just giving him shit. There are a lot of fat people in Madison too though :)
I guess. I never noticed it was more than usual. Rural Wisconsin and Milwaukee have some fatties. Usually cities/towns that are dominated by a university are much better off in regard to obesity rates.

Last edited:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Bennett should've been ejected and was very disappointed with him. Lane didn't deserve an ejection as there was no real punch. The old rule does hold true that the second guy gets caught.

I just accept that the refs will be trash and that we have to beat the team and the refs. Today the calls and non calls were actually fairly equal. However the Hawks were more apparent as they were on scoring plays. Nothing we can do about it so no reason to waste time bitching imo

True, nothing we can do ... You just gotta move forward to the next week .. Pete Carroll is gonna give someone and earful on Monday though, I wish I could hear that phone call ...

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, nothing we can do ... You just gotta move forward to the next week .. Pete Carroll is gonna give someone and earful on Monday though, I wish I could hear that phone call ...

I'm sure he will. I never respected Holmgren more than after the sb when he said I knew we had to beat a good Steelers team but I didn't know we had to beat the refs too. Pete will always work the refs and he should. Our coach just looks at the clock.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, I said this on the Seahawks board but I've just come to expect a certain level of ineptitude from the officials in this league (it could be worse I guess, could be NCAA officials). Way too many fuck-ups by Seattle today to blame the refs anyway no matter how terrible they were.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle fans and Pete Carroll not happy with the officiating in a Packers - Seahawks game?

POUND SAND

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess. I never noticed it was more than usual. Rural Wisconsin and Milwaukee have some fatties. Usually cities/towns that are dominated by a university are much better off in regard to obesity rates.
No fatties here...

wisco3.jpg

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the game again I see how bothlane and Adams should've been offsetting pf calls but Lane shouldn't have been ejected. The block in the back was indeed a block in the back but was very week and irrelevant. The announcers constantly bashing the refs and being wrong is why people are talking about those calls. The announcers and refs whiffed on at least 12 holds on the Hawks secondary and o line that were obvious but Buck and Aikmen were dead silent. Again, the refs make the games hard to watch and I expect them to be terrible every week. The announcers should just announce the game and save their opinions on right or wrong calls since they are not experts. I'll be interested to see what the refs explanations will be but doubt they will get fired after this game or have PTSD like the refs from the fail Mary game. That's right one of the refs had PTSD from that game.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW was under pressure on 40% of his pass plays Rodgers was under pressure on just 20% of his pass plays. That's for some of the Hawks fans.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was under pressure about 57 minutes of the game. Bad calls went GB's way, no doubt. I'll take the win and move on. Atlanta next.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to GB. Tough game. Seattle OL still poor, at least for now. GB took advantage of that. Seattle's D made it difficult on Rodgers though. Our DL is going to overpower a lot of teams this year for sure. Hopefully this loss doesn't doom us for HFA, but I still see a really good season ahead. Again, congrats to the Packers.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very impressed with Ty today. Despite having a bad statistical day )98 total yards and one TD all the yards were tough and vs #1 defense in the NFC last season. There were no holes in the first half so he had to make them with pure power. He finally had a running lane in the second half and ran over Cam for the six yard score. Then he had a 30 yard reception which he juked a guy out, ran over Earl Thomas then was horse collared out of bounds but no call to save another ty TD. He had a minor sprain but came back. He displayed the power and elusiveness to be a great RB.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW was under pressure on 40% of his pass plays Rodgers was under pressure on just 20% of his pass plays. That's for some of the Hawks fans.

Seattle/Giants/Houston, 3 playoff caliber teams that will be doomed by their decisions to ignore the Oline this offseason

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle/Giants/Houston, 3 playoff caliber teams that will be doomed by their decisions to ignore the Oline this offseason

Precisely, many of the sports writers and analyst were all over that Hawk Dick after they acquired Richardson who in all honesty just looked like another dude yesterday. They failed to realize the Hawk oline was no better than last season. G men still look awful on offense as well and it might be time for Eli to hang it up.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Bennett should've been ejected and was very disappointed with him. Lane didn't deserve an ejection as there was no real punch. The old rule does hold true that the second guy gets caught.

I just accept that the refs will be trash and that we have to beat the team and the refs. Today the calls and non calls were actually fairly equal. However the Hawks were more apparent as they were on scoring plays. Nothing we can do about it so no reason to waste time bitching imo
Yeah I agree, there is no since bitching and moaning about the refs. The Hawks need to improve that O-line and move on. The TOP was the different today, the Pack had the ball for 39 minutes and the Hawks for 20 minutes. The Hawks defense got tired. There is an old saying, "the best defense is a good offense". That is what happened yesterday.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll see how it shapes up as we go, but I can't agree Seattle ignored the OL this off-season. Britt contract extension, signed FA Joeckel, drafted Pocic in the 2nd round, and traded for a couple role players/flyers. Last year spent a 1st and 3rd on who are now the starting tackles. We can debate about how good these moves were or speculate about how long it takes to see improvement, but the line hasn't been ignored. There are new starters at 4 of the 5 positions as compared to this time last year. Maybe they'll whiff on all of these guys, but it's no reasonable expectation to put a new line together and be playing at a high level in the first game.

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll see how it shapes up as we go, but I can't agree Seattle ignored the OL this off-season. Britt contract extension, signed FA Joeckel, drafted Pocic in the 2nd round, and traded for a couple role players/flyers. Last year spent a 1st and 3rd on who are now the starting tackles. We can debate about how good these moves were or speculate about how long it takes to see improvement, but the line hasn't been ignored. There are new starters at 4 of the 5 positions as compared to this time last year. Maybe they'll whiff on all of these guys, but it's no reasonable expectation to put a new line together and be playing at a high level in the first game.

Not sure I can agree with everything you said JMR. Sure the organization made some moves, but they just added more trash to the pile. They constantly skip over their biggest need in the draft (offensive tackle) and draft a versatile player thats not even playing. I'll never understand that.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I can agree with everything you said JMR. Sure the organization made some moves, but they just added more trash to the pile. They constantly skip over their biggest need in the draft (offensive tackle) and draft a versatile player thats not even playing. I'll never understand that.
Well, most of what I said was just fact. What do you think I got wrong? The statement I was responding to was that Seattle "ignored" the line. Like I said, we can debate whether the moves were good or not, but you cannot tell me the line has been ignored. That just isnt so. Did they just add more trash to the pile? Heck, I dunno maybe. Not sure we are at a point where we know that just yet. You've got 2nd year players at T, a LG with 1 game as a Seahawk, and a RG in his 2nd year as a starter. Those are just facts.