• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Green Bay Packers 425 EST/FOX

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your D improved from last year as they gave up 38 points and the O had many more turnovers

Last year was a shit storm and the D didn't play up to par. Yesterday they played a hell of a game, tired out as most D's would being on the field for almost 40 mins but very encouraging going forward.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawk Oline issue is not a one or two year problem like some posters infer. The problem has been there since Pete Carroll arrived. Pete is a defensive coach and has consistently built a quality D year in and year out. But, he's accomplished that by investing big $ in the D and allowing quality Oline to walk.
We can debate on his draft strategy all day whether he's hit or missed. Because sure there is always a diamond in the rough. However, if you're replacing Olinemen every year with has been vetereans, former basketball players and rookies you're likely never to assemble a consistent line.
The only short term fix is to reduce the $ spent on the D (they are stout enough) and will survive losing one or two high priced defenders who get replaced with a mid tier earning player. Use that $ to go get mid to upper level vets to build a line. Let them bring along a couple rookies. As others have mentioned it takes a minimum of two years to build a cohesive unit. More like three with the lack of talent coming out of the college ranks.:2cents:

It's true the OL has never been stellar under Petes time there, but it's been good enough for the most part. The OL problem is almost universal in the NFL except for a small handful of teams. If the talent isn't there throwing money at it doesn't help. Basically if your picking in the lower half of the draft, you need to land on some gems and develop them. Britt has worked out, given time some other may also.
Lot of knee jerk reaction to poor OL play. There isn't some magic bullet, no fantastic trade you can realistically make. You got to draft, develop and hope it works out.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheap shot artist Seahawks at it again. Avril for a second year in a row shows he's a dirty POS player and poked Packers LT in the eye on purpose. Last year this POS punched LG Lang in the junk and now he's back at it again. Again, no PF was called.

Lane hit Cobb during a kneel down like a little bitch as well last year. Sherman hit Adams after the whistle as well. Packers players expect it and Cobb called them front runners if they can't win they will take cheap shots to hurt you or get you to react. Pete has no discipline or leadership so it's expected.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...ll-feeling-sting-heavyweight-fight/655924001/

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game again and reviewed the plays some Hawks were pointing out. The block in the back to still be a legitimate block in the back. The lane ejection and PF was warranted because he choked Adams with his forearm to Adams throat.

The no call in the endzone was deemed not uncatchable. If the refs did decide to call something it would've been PI vs both Graham and the GB DB. Graham pushed off and grabbed the helmet of the DB defender while the Packer face guarded and didn't turn his head around.

Pete asked the refs to review the tape and give an explanation. I'm sure they will describe the calls similar to what I explained.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game again and reviewed the plays some Hawks were pointing out. The block in the back to still be a legitimate block in the back. The lane ejection and PF was warranted because he choked Adams with his forearm to Adams throat.

The no call in the endzone was deemed not uncatchable. If the refs did decide to call something it would've been PI vs both Graham and the GB DB. Graham pushed off and grabbed the helmet of the DB defender while the Packer face guarded and didn't turn his head around.

Pete asked the refs to review the tape and give an explanation. I'm sure they will describe the calls similar to what I explained.

Dayne watching the game:

19xbgu.jpg

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheap shot artist Seahawks at it again. Avril for a second year in a row shows he's a dirty POS player and poked Packers LT in the eye on purpose. Last year this POS punched LG Lang in the junk and now he's back at it again. Again, no PF was called.

Lane hit Cobb during a kneel down like a little bitch as well last year. Sherman hit Adams after the whistle as well. Packers players expect it and Cobb called them front runners if they can't win they will take cheap shots to hurt you or get you to react. Pete has no discipline or leadership so it's expected.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...ll-feeling-sting-heavyweight-fight/655924001/
You see the face mask on Lane? If he was smart he would of hit the dirt and rolled around in pain. What a cheap shot Cobb did, probably hoping he could break Lanes neck.....following your line of thinking.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true the OL has never been stellar under Petes time there, but it's been good enough for the most part. The OL problem is almost universal in the NFL except for a small handful of teams. If the talent isn't there throwing money at it doesn't help. Basically if your picking in the lower half of the draft, you need to land on some gems and develop them. Britt has worked out, given time some other may also.
Lot of knee jerk reaction to poor OL play. There isn't some magic bullet, no fantastic trade you can realistically make. You got to draft, develop and hope it works out.
The talent is there. That's why teams olines are ranked between 1-32. Those investing time, draft picks and $ rank near the top in most instances. Those that don't rank near the bottom. It was either last year or two years ago Seattle ranked last in $ spent on their Oline. Like the saying goes you get what you pay for. Throwing money foolishly around doesn't help I agree.

It's almost a fine art, drafting, retaining, coaching and building a cohesive unit. It's an investment. The teams that are patient and forward looking usually fair better.

I already mentionec with a QB like RW Seattle only needs a mediocre line.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know the whole "blame the refs" this has quieted for the moment, but thought I'd throw this out there

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see the face mask on Lane? If he was smart he would of hit the dirt and rolled around in pain. What a cheap shot Cobb did, probably hoping he could break Lanes neck.....following your line of thinking.[/QUOTE

So you're ok with the Hawks cheap shots it seems. Cobb was called for taunting Lane early in the game for a stare down which was a bs call. He didn't even touch Lane. Do you have video of Cobb doing this because I never seen this. The only person throwing a cheap shot between Cobb and Lane was lane last year on a kneel down at the end if the half and no pf was called.

If a Packer takes a cheap shot then I admit it and believe they should be fined. I didn't agree with what Bennett did even though he was protecting his QB.nIt was a dumb move by him. Most Hawks fans won't admit their players took cheap shots and will make excuses for them or change the subject like you did.

Again please show me the play where Cobb grabbed Lane's face mask.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice selfie buddy. Looks like the refs reviewed the tape and agree with me.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was a shit storm and the D didn't play up to par. Yesterday they played a hell of a game, tired out as most D's would being on the field for almost 40 mins but very encouraging going forward.

I always new that Earl Thomas was a special player, but wow what a great player he is after watching the game. He is everywhere , true leader and almost hits as hard as Ronnie Lott. The hits was laying down and the one he did On Gronk last year was incredible

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always new that Earl Thomas was a special player, but wow what a great player he is after watching the game. He is everywhere , true leader and almost hits as hard as Ronnie Lott. The hits was laying down and the one he did On Gronk last year was incredible

It was a joy watching ty and Earl beat the shit out of each other. Earl caught him in the air once and then ty destroyed Earl on the sideline run

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see the face mask on Lane? If he was smart he would of hit the dirt and rolled around in pain. What a cheap shot Cobb did, probably hoping he could break Lanes neck.....following your line of thinking.

There is a history between these two you must have forgotten last years game in GB. There is a video in the second link.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...2/12/cobb-calls-lane-hit-cheap-shot/95350002/

Randall Cobb rips Seahawks defense after Jeremy Lane's cheap shot

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed on every level! When ET went out the D pretty much was meh and it was even a miracle they made it to the second round of the playoffs. Ronnie Lott and I'm also throwing in Brian Dawkins as well as good comparisons. Both those guys had heart and passion to go along with the team/fans respect. It's been years but still to this day still shocked Philly didn't draft ET.